Rant and Rave without Repercussion [Book Spoilers]

Chebyshov

It's a crying shame about NCW, too. Not everyone can play humor well, and he can. He's a funny guy. And Jaime can be very funny. Why would you have him play a character like Larry? Why would you even write a character like Larry, when you had Jaime? I don't even want to think about Larry, much less watch him. Imagine having to play him, when you have all that talent. Ugh.

It's a complete misallocation of resources, like spending so much of the budget on Hardhome.

another great actor wasted. when they allowed him to show flashes of real stannis he was fantastic.

It's a crying shame about NCW, too. Not everyone can play humor well, and he can. He's a funny guy. And Jaime can be very funny. Why would you have him play a character like Larry? Why would you even write a character like Larry, when you had Jaime? I don't even want to think about Larry, much less watch him. Imagine having to play him, when you have all that talent. Ugh.

Agreed on both counts. I do think the casting is generally good, and when NCW and SD were able to play their true characters, they shined and did excellent jobs.

It's not enough that they waste such an incredibly complex story, but they also waste incredibly talented actors :frown5:

So if people believe Liam's interview, they should believe Kit's, D&D's, and David Nutter's :P

I know what you mean, but those three talked more about Jon, who IS dead in fact, but he´s going to be revived because he´s a large part of the next two books for sure...

So Kit and the others can say Jon is dead because it's true...

But Liam seemed genuine, and the fact that Stannis is not as important as Jon... he could have just said it was sad and he respected Stephen bla bla, but the dinner talk with Caryce and all that... he either likes to tell a lot of bull or it was genuine and Dillane has closed the door on GOT

http://www.accesshollywood.com/game-of-thrones-liam-cunningham-on-saying-goodbye-to-his-co-star_article_108851

This season certainly played kicked the can the first 5 hours then delivered for about 2 1/2 hours, and then 2 1/2 of drivel. However, I can't really blame them, its apparent D&D are not very good story tellers, they want more (see need) from grrm. The ambiguous finish to so many of our characters along with the Jon's death which appears certain death on screen we can almost be sure isn't certain. D&D have been exposed numerous times but I suppose now we can deduce a lot from just the decisions to keep certain characters involved, while cutting out others most fans wanted to see.

The show's payoff will undoubtably be Drogon burning a field of white walkers, with our without Danny riding depending on CGI budget constraints. D&D will drop the ball on why the Bolton's have come to forefront as well as pay out the Littlefinger & Varys battle which can be argued is the center of our current events. Yes we have reached walking dead/game of thrones for the north and mtv styled reality show kingslanding (think real world red keep).

I was thinking of swearing off seasons 6&7 until the end but I think what we will get from the books will be so vastly different it won't even matter

The silver lining on Kit, is it will cause people to hate the show either way.

If Kit is off, people will hate the show for killing him, because they're down to almost no one to root for.

If Kit is on, people will hate the show for lying and trolling.

It's a win/win because the show loses no matter what.

If Kit is off, people will hate the show for killing him, because they're down to almost no one to root for.

Exactly! :D

I can see people just being happy that he's alive.

I would be annoyed but I don't respond the same way as other people.

Stop speaking so much truth. Can I just read a book of your random thoughts?

House Greyjoy

What is not shown onscreen may never die

I'm sorry if this has already been posted but David Nutter (director) confirms that Jon is dead.

https://celebrity.yahoo.com/news/game-thrones-director-jon-snow-dead-204500697-us-weekly.html

Jon Snow is dead. Jon Targaryen will almost certainly be alive. D&D love nothing more than their shock moment, so his reappearance (i'd guess halfway through S6) will serve as just that. Perhaps JT has a spiffy shorter hair do

Who to root for.

They wiped out the Starks. Jon is dead, he died for Olly. There is no Sansa anymore. Arya is a psycho killer. Their big fluffy pets were forgotten. Bran is all that's left, really, and he's not even around.

There's just the Dragon Lady. And Saint Tyrion. As much as they whitewash her, I don't think anyone is rooting for Carol. Larry would do us all a favor and disappear forever (except he's so pretty).

It was incompetent on every level, even if you haven't read the books.

Even my Unsullied friends and family lost interest this season. Even they, who are "Maaah Dragons" fans picked up on major plot holes and inconsistencies as well as the merry go round of dumb story telling.

Well, at least Balon is definitely still breathing.

Whens the crowning ceremony for the winner of the War of the Five Kings?

Who to root for.

They wiped out the Starks. Jon is dead, he died for Olly. There is no Sansa anymore. Arya is a psycho killer. Their big fluffy pets were forgotten. Bran is all that's left, really, and he's not even around.

There's just the Dragon Lady. And Saint Tyrion. As much as they whitewash her, I don't think anyone is rooting for Carol. Larry would do us all a favor and disappear forever (except he's so pretty).

Rickon! You know that kid that...disappeared with the big dude!

How on earth did D&D convince George to let them adapt his work...Theyre literally clueless and must have such a basic understanding of the plot. And i know they cut lots of plotlines because they think viewers will be confused, but asoiaf is complex and if the viewers cant handle actually thinking rather than just watching, then maybe they just shouldnt watch the show?

Discussing with family and friends, because the interviews disturbed me, and we made up a list about potential of Kit not returning

(lists make me feel better)

Fully dead:

-Lots of definite stabbing and blood.

-No ambiguity or warging or whispering of "Ghost"

-No apparent immediate rescue nearby

-3-4 interviews with people directly connected to the issue saying he is really fully dead.

Sort of dead (comes back as AA via CotF, Mel, Night King)

-The books

-Kit signed contracts for season 6 and potential season 7 (he did. It is known)

-D&D and GRRM have both stated the story will end up in same place, even if they get there on different roads

-Jon is one of the most popular characters on the show. Ratings are important to them.

Jon Snow is dead. Jon Targaryen will almost certainly be alive. D&D love nothing more than their shock moment, so his reappearance (i'd guess halfway through S6) will serve as just that. Perhaps JT has a spiffy shorter hair do

I'm going to agree with this! Maybe they try to burn him and it singes his hair.

Archived