Rant and Rave without Repercussion [Book Spoilers]

Chebyshov

I'm a big fan of this thread but one this I find utterly perplexing here is how most people actually watch and critique "Inside the episode" with D&D. Admittedly i've never seen it but why on earth would anyone watch that? I'd sooner take a trip to the dentist

It's not healthy for me to dislike people I don't know this much.

For my part, I'm not watching the show next year if the book doesn't come out. The callous lack of respect they show for the books is not how I want to receive this story.

I know the consensus is that they've strayed so far that the show won't even resemble what's in the books. But think about reading AFFC and ADWD for the first time AFTER viewing this season? You'd have trouble weeding out all the Olly-esque nonsense and focus on the pure story. Also, I would be predisposed to hate Dorne because of D&D's foolery when, reading it fresh, it's my favorite part of the whole series.

Guys - please - just join me and walk away fully. This crock of shit isn't worth tainting TWOW even slightly.

Here you go: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzmpxuDqt9A :) Enjoy, I'll be sad to see a skeptical fan-duo like themselves not cutting this show any slack stop making these.

Thank you. I'm going to have to check these out.

At this point I'm just hoping she sticks around long enough to revive Jon, after which Davos stabs her and says "Did you see this in your fires, red bitch?"

*Olly also stabs* OLLY: Fuck YOUUUUU!

*Mel dies. Jon and Olly nod at one another."

Can Mel kill Olly? Or they both kill each other? I cannot deal with another Olly nod.

it is soon to be the Mel, Davos, Brienne, Pod, and Sansa show as they go to find the "real" AA - Rickon.

After she burns Theon alive atop Jon's pyre, of course. Because creatively.................

Well, signing off for the night. Got an interview tomorrow and need to be sharp for it. As always it has been a pleasure ranting this epic disappointment into the muck from whence it sprang with you fine people.

What a dreadful waste of five years, a phenomenal cast and millions of dollars....

Good night everyone, and cheers to you all.

One series, one writer, one dream ---- My new ASOIAF king's man motto.

Just finished a second viewing(I know) and I can't stop chuckling about the traitor sign. The only worse option would be a taped x on the floor and Alliser directing Jon to stand on it.

Gotta say, this forum is hilarious. I love you guys, this really helps with the healing process.

Cersei=Carol

Jaime=Larry

Littlefinger=Batfinger

Stannis baratheon= Stanley Barton

Brienne=GPSBrienne

Sansa=Sonsa Macgyver

Better writing there than the show managed all season!

Gotta say, this forum is hilarious. I love you guys, this really helps with the healing process.

Cersei=Carol

Jaime=Larry

Littlefinger=Batfinger

Brienne=GPSBrienne

Sansa=Sonsa Macgyver

Just watched Elio and Linda's review video (which was great!) and I can't believe the show finally got to Elio :(

His disillusionment was really sad to see since he has been very optimistic about the show all along. Linda is more like us in this thread where she can laugh and rant and snark at the show since she's seen this coming all along and lost hope and faith ages ago. But Elio had hope man. And it's finally been demolished. Very sad.

Cersei=Carol

Jaime=Larry

Littlefinger=Batfinger

Brienne=GPSBrienne

Sansa=Sonsa Macgyver

Stannis is Satannis.

We need leeches and GRRM's blood.

"The usurper David Benioff"

"The usurper D.B Weiss"

As we cast them into the flames.

We need a 3rd name, because its only affective 2/3 of the time.

I vote for Bryan Cogman.

So I'm wondering why the "you can't criticize D&D for any of their choices because you've never run a huge tv show" attitude doesn't apply to Martin? Has every person who critiques his novels written a thousand page fantasy epic? No? Yet somehow that doesn't stop people from insisting that Feast and Dance are crap (though I defy anyone to say with a straight face that D&D improved Brienne's or Jaime's storyline!!

It's almost as though people didn't have a right to critically engage with things they watch or read ;)

It goes for both GRRM and D&D, nobody has either created such a tv show, nor written such a book series out here. But there is one difference. Many people forget that aDwD was written in 6 years and they expect this to be rewritten with all plots, all character events, no loss of story, within budget and within 1 year! Not even mentioning the fact that HBO wants the show to make a good profit (no unlimited resources). GRRM had 6 years and would've taken 8 or 10 is he needed them. His resources were 'unlimited' (writing a book isn't that expensive..) and he only had the pressure of the fans, which he didn't care about much. No need for him to adapt his story, because he could just change it to his own likings. It's easier that way, and I don't think D&D could've made a satisfying tv show for the book watchers anyway given the time & budget they had.

Archived