NBA Offseason 2015: You can't spell Dynasty without some of the letters in Aldridge

Maithanet

If he resigns, it's merely a bad trade. If he doesn't resign, it's worst trade in history territory. Context is important to me for these worst trade distinctions. Love wasn't going to be a great fit, had the option to leave after one season, and probably could have been acquired in free agency the next season. All of these things matter.

Kobe for Divac and Kawhi for George Hill are both embarrassingly awful in hindsight, but weren't as bad at the time of making the trade.

This is the point I wanted to try to make, but wasn't able to come up with the right phrasing. I think perspective matters on what you knew at the time in addition to what you find out later.

Why play with Lebron James when you could play with a guy who is six years older, never as talented to begin with, and not actually under contract?

Well, there was that one instagram photo Lebron took that didn't include Kevin Love, soooooo...

Honestly if Love signs anywhere else on his own it reflects terribly on him. For the first time in 8 years, he got to play for a winner, and then immediately bolts for a team, either Celtics or Lakers, that is guaranteed not to be as good. It would mean he prioritizes his stats and all the trappings of being a star over winning which has been the complaint about the guy his whole career. The only superstar I've seen make that choice is Carmelo Anthony. And goddamn is he ever paying for it now....

The only superstar I've seen make that choice is Carmelo Anthony. And goddamn is he ever paying for it now....

Stop taking about the Knicks. Just stop. Can't take it anymore.

Well, there was that one instagram photo Lebron took that didn't include Kevin Love, soooooo...

Honestly if Love signs anywhere else on his own it reflects terribly on him. For the first time in 8 years, he got to play for a winner, and then immediately bolts for a team, either Celtics or Lakers, that is guaranteed not to be as good. It would mean he prioritizes his stats and all the trappings of being a star over winning which has been the complaint about the guy his whole career. The only superstar I've seen make that choice is Carmelo Anthony. And goddamn is he ever paying for it now....

Yep. I think there's very little chance he leaves, and I've said so all year.

He's staying for sure. The only reason I could see him leave is because he'd rather be the best player on his team and/or really, really dislikes LeBron. You can imagine that there is something of a personality clash there, LeBron is a very dominant presence and that can get on people's nerves. Maybe Love sees a chance to build a great team elsewhere.

But I don't think he does, he has a great situation in Cleveland.

It's getting wild:

There's now momentum behind a DeMarcus Cousins to the Lakers deal for the #2 pick, Julius Randle and Jordan Clarkson. That's actually probably as good of a haul as the Kings can hope to get if they trade Cousins which reports either have them vehemently opposed to or vehemently determined to depending on the hour and how Vivek Ranadive's last meal is sitting with him.

Also LaMarcus Aldridge is now definitely leaving the Blazers. Still seems most likely he becomes Tim Duncan's heir in San Antonio but the Lakers are suddenly in the conversation.

Can't wait to watch the 2016 Lakers starring Cousins, Aldridge, Love and Mecha-Kobe!

OKC has just traded Jeremy Lamb to become the 4th team today to own Luke Ridnour. Hey when you have a chance to get a 12 year guard who averaged 4 points and 2 assists last season, you gotta jump at that. This was purely a move to get under the luxury tax. OKC's ownership remains as shitty as can be.

Lamb was the key piece of the James Harden trade. It may be a bit early to determine how lopsided Wiggins for Love ends up being, but I think we can close the book on the James Harden trade being a rare big time misstep for Sam Presti.

It could be fun to watch the Lakers attempt a slap-patch, high-end free agent fix, only to have them fall flat. I could get behind that.

Well bad news then. Sounds like Vivek is upset that George Karl is actively shopping his only superstar. So the Lakers may have to content themselves with Okafor or Russell.

And our first surprise of the night...

So how many teams try to move up for Okafor now?!!?

I know the C's are looking at the Godfather deal for it...may be worth it for them - selecting 16-20th for the next several years isn't going to do it.

Why didn't Lakers take Okafor?

My friends who are Knicks fans hearts were just broken. I just got so many angry texts.

Lakers are gonna trade for one of the bigs so they picked a stud PG, not a huge surprise.

Or go after a free agent. Aldridge, Love, etc.

The kid crying as he takes a selfie is perfect for Knicks fans.

:lol:

I'm excited. I bet he becomes a star. Kid is hungry. His favorite thing about the USA? The gym is open at all hours and he can work out whenever he wants. Love it.

Archived