GRRM reading a new chapter on 21.6.2015 in Hamburg/Germany

shaggy_rick

According to GRRM, tWoW will be 1500 manuscript pages. If he still has to complete 480, he has already written 1020. So he has already written 2/3 of the book. That's still a long way from completion, but at least we know now he has made progress :)

That depends really, for all we know those 1020 pages he already has might be fully finished (edited and all). Or they might still be an unedited mess. That's anyone's guess.

Let's hope he already has a lot of that 480 pages he needs in partial form...otherwise there is no way he is getting TWOW out before S6. He only writes like 300 pages a year in a good year.

I feel like crying. I will not accept season 6 will be out before WINDS. I just won't accept it! No, no, no, no, no, no. I'm just going to pretend 480 is a breeze.

Let's hope he already has a lot of that 480 pages he needs in partial form...otherwise there is no way he is getting TWOW out before S6. He only writes like 300 pages a year in a good year.

480 pages of original material and not ADwD leftovers... It's a high task, I think, to have the book published before early spring. That leaves January as the deadline?

(Unless Random House hired publishing elves for these sort of situations.)

480 pages of original material and not ADwD leftovers... It's a high task, I think, to have the book published before early spring. That leaves January as the deadline?

(Unless Random House hired publishing elves for these sort of situations.)

It took roughly 3 months for ADWD to be published from the time it was announced as finished on his blog IIRC, so January is probably the deadline for him to finish the 1st draft and begin the editing/printing process to get TWOW out before S6 airs in April.

He's got about 6 months basically to get those 480 pages done. If most of them aren't already in partial form, there is a zero percent chance he makes the deadline.

"That were like 18 pages of manuscript. Now I only have to write about 1480 more and I have a book..." - #GeorgeRRMartin #WindsofWinter

https://twitter.com/serieslyAWESOME/status/612692890117099520

He was just making a joke it seems.

This could actually be a good thing...leaves open the possibility that he needs a lot less than 480 pages. So we can continue to desperately hope that he can get TWOW out before S6.

I agree. At best, while he was writing A Dance with Dragons, he was writing something like 300 to 350 pages a year. Best case scenario is looking like mid-2016. Exactly five years after the previous book.

I guess we can expect A Dream of Spring sometime in 2022 or 2023, something like five or six years after the television show finishes.

According to GRRM, tWoW will be 1500 manuscript pages. If he still has to complete 480, he has already written 1020. So he has already written 2/3 of the book. That's still a long way from completion, but at least we know now he has made progress :)

That depends really, for all we know those 1020 pages he already has might be fully finished (edited and all). Or they might still be an unedited mess. That's anyone's guess.

On the bright side, a thousand pages of Winds of Winter is already written! Great.

"That were like 18 pages of manuscript. Now I only have to write about 1480 more and I have a book..." - #GeorgeRRMartin #WindsofWinter

This could actually be a good thing...leaves open the possibility that he needs a lot less than 480 pages. So we can continue to desperately hope that he can get TWOW out before S6.

Thank god.

This morning there has been a TV feature about yesterday evening.

Actually nothing new has been added.

But this feature was heavily including the show itself, emphasizing how much fandom has grown by it. Show and books were treated as somewhat belonging together. When asked Martin talked about his favorite character he gave Tyrion because he is a clever underdog and Martin loves underdogs, it was heavily voiced over in German. Martin expressed irritation about over the top merchandising extremes, his face printed on pants ....... (Won't make him any poorer :) )

And there was that super cute woman in a dress with the Westeros map on it :D

Zdf Morgenmagazin

Ist in der ZDF Mediathek unter "Sendung verpasst", war gegen 7h20 glaube ich.

They even interviewed me but didn' t broadcast me since, as usual, :devil: I was too analytically balanced and not fandom hysterical enough ;) they wanted the fan who is visibly out of her mind meeting Martin and they have not been able to grasp the inner turmoil of my complex personality since we know that TV is notoriously unable to deal with internal characters :devil: ....Irony!.......just in case........ I probably carelessly confessed that my favorite character is Tyrion who is most hated in Germany ..... Irony, just in case........

My sweetheart and I had a good laugh.

Some Germans here....... Schönen guten Morgen an die Langschläfer :D

Ich sage es mal auf Deutsch.

Ne Journalistin hat mich vor der Halle abgefangen. Morgen Pressegespräch mit Herrn Martin, ob ich ne Frage für ihn hätte. Mir ist spontan nichts eingefallen... Chance verpasst. R+L=J or whatever hätte er eh nicht beantwortet...

Shame! Shame! Shame!

Ah, I knew it wasn't GRRM's style to comment on his book's progress like that. Although, the fact that he makes jokes about it is a good sign. I'll keep on hoping that he has more than a 1020 completed pages now :p

It was a nice evening but not really spectacular. Denis Scheck is always fun. They talked mostly about Martin's childhood (Dragons are basically dinosaurs with wings breathing fire) and his first reading experiences. But they also talked some politics, very general like who is really in power, then gay marriage, big topic in Germany at the moment, and religion: die Gretchenfrage - wie hãltst du's mit Gott?

Sibel Kekili was there, having been Martin's Hamburg city guide. She is a really nice person.

Unfortunately there was no opportunity to ask questions and Denis Scheck carefully avoided talking about the upcoming book.

Well, and I got my photo sitting on the Iron Throne. You can call me Your Grace now ;)

We should rule together. ;o) I also sat on the IT. And I got proof of that.

EDIth: I was the guy with the black hat. And the name tag on the lanyard.

I agree. At best, while he was writing A Dance with Dragons, he was writing something like 300 to 350 pages a year. Best case scenario is looking like mid-2016. Exactly five years after the previous book.

I guess we can expect A Dream of Spring sometime in 2022 or 2023, something like five or six years after the television show finishes.

Nah, ADoS should be out a loy quicker - GRRM will know everything that happens by the time he comes to write it cos he'll have seen the end of the TV series :D

We should rule together. ;o) I also sat on the IT. And I got proof of that.

EDIth: I was the guy with the black hat. And the name tag on the lanyard.

The guy with the grey beard?

I was the middle aged redhead, not very tall, like Sibel Kekili

they wanted the fan who is visibly out of her mind meeting Martin and they have not been able to grasp the inner turmoil of my complex personality since we know that TV is notoriously unable to deal with internal characters :devil: ....Irony!.......just in case........ I probably carelessly confessed that my favorite character is Tyrion who is most hated in Germany ..... Irony, just in case........

:D

Why do Germans hate Tyrion, btw?

Archived