TTTNE 456: Something Something Spam Side

Buckwheat

While I'm not even sure what this is supposed to mean really, I laughed out loud :lol:

Honestly, it's hard to define. After the first episode I was like Wow that escalated quickly, but since then I feel like the plot is moving way too slowly for my taste. Also, the only character I would say I actually like is Hank. And I don't consider myself any sensitive about gore and graphicness, but this show has managed to turn my stomach a couple times, primarily because it's realistic and I'm a hypochondriac moron. I also seem to be unable to get hooked on the general idea. Just not my cup of tea I guess.

Oh Lany, you're not a bad mom! :grouphug: Alex is a 13 y/o kid who is doing a home summer school, adult karate and I never heard you complain about his school grades either. He works really hard and treating him every once in a while is no crime. From what you tell us, he is a compassionate, intelligent young guy with two feet on the ground who's mature and old enough to know that this is not standard procedure from now on but a special occassion he should value. That's how you raised him and that's why you are a very good mom.

Another interpretation on the funny side: You only think Alex is spoilt because you never met my sister :P :lol:

Her -so far- two pages long school start shopping list for September (not including actual school equipment) would burn any sane person's eyes out.

I always wanted to travel to Africa. Luckily all I have to do is open the window to feel like in Africa right now.

Thank you! I think most parents worry too much about these things. It is good to see an outside perspective. He could certainly be less self-absorbed, but yes, he is a good kid :)

First, I guess that's my main issue. That I rarely feel entertained watching the show. I started watching it for the hype which I still don't get. Again, it's not the show's fault, it's just not my style I guess. With Sherlock it was love at first sight, but Breaking Bad and I are breaking up at the end of this season. (I'm on ep 7 of season 2)

Helena, oh no poor pumba. I feel ashamed. 😭

Lany, he has plenty of time to get less self absorbed. He's a teen, he has the best excuse to be for now :lol: and you raised him too well to stay so for too long. No worries :)

Well it's still pretty hot here.

Test week is officially ever, it's practically vacation now :crying: (These are tears of relief)

Yup, S1 and 2 are fantastic. Tatiana Maslany, oh my :bowdown: where are you up to so far? Which characters have you met? You also need to tell me your favourite character...will probably change by the end of season 2

I'm so impatient for Season 3 to air in the UK *sigh*

I watched the first four episodes yesterday, and will continue in a bit. I don't have a favorite but IFelix is probably closest, he's a refreshing change from your standard sidekick. And of course I'm always glad to see the gays represented in media. He's very recognizable as a homosexual but not too much of a stereotype, so that's nice.

Maslany is great, absolutely. And I've met

Katja, Alison, Cisoma (was that her name?), and your psycho namesake, who was taken by a stranger in a van at the end of last ep. (At least I assumeyou were referring to which clones I had met)

Season 3 is already on Netflix here :devil: I'll be very busy the next weeks.

First, I guess that's my main issue. That I rarely feel entertained watching the show. I started watching it for the hype which I still don't get. Again, it's not the show's fault, it's just not my style I guess. With Sherlock it was love at first sight, but Breaking Bad and I are breaking up at the end of this season. (I'm on ep 7 of season 2)

I generally find it very entertaining, but I say that now, and I thought it was overrated at first too.

One thing you could is let me list all the best episodes and only watch those, you would still get to witness most of the story :dunno: Some of the best of what tv has to offer is still waiting for you later on, it'd be a shame to miss them.

Some big things happen at the end of S2 though.

Me and sis are one ep ahead of you then :)

Sherlock is nice, but the plot is kind of ridiculous IMO.

Test week is officially ever, it's practically vacation now :crying: (These are tears of relief)

I watched the first four episodes yesterday, and will continue in a bit. I don't have a favorite but IFelix is probably closest, he's a refreshing change from your standard sidekick. And of course I'm always glad to see the gays represented in media. He's very recognizable as a homosexual but not too much of a stereotype, so that's nice.

Maslany is great, absolutely. And I've met

Katja, Alison, Cisoma (was that her name?), and your psycho namesake, who was taken by a stranger in a van at the end of last ep. (At least I assumeyou were referring to which clones I had met)

Season 3 is already on Netflix here :devil: I'll be very busy the next weeks.

I generally find it very entertaining, but I say that now, and I thought it was overrated at first too.

One thing you could is let me list all the best episodes and only watch those, you would still get to witness most of the story :dunno: Some of the best of what tv has to offer is still waiting for you later on, it'd be a shame to miss them.

Some big things happen at the end of S2 though.

Me and sis are one ep ahead of you then :)

Sherlock is nice, but the plot is kind of ridiculous IMO.

I have the first three seasons on my laptop right now, so I might go on with it dependent on what happens till the end of season 2. If anything permanently bad happens to Hank, I'll quit :lol:

Sherlock doesn't really have or want to have a plot imo. It's more like a series of separate movies loosely linked together. I didn't actually like all the episodes, but Martin Freeman and Benedict Cumberbatch duo + the general atmosphere + soundtrack + general idea + (imo) very creative ways of make the original stories contemporary got me sucked into a Sherlock world. I love detective stories in general too. Basically it's just more to my taste than Breaking Bad.

TKIB, what happened? :(

Test week is officially ever, it's practically vacation now :crying: (These are tears of relief)I watched the first four episodes yesterday, and will continue in a bit. I don't have a favorite but IFelix is probably closest, he's a refreshing change from your standard sidekick. And of course I'm always glad to see the gays represented in media. He's very recognizable as a homosexual but not too much of a stereotype, so that's nice.Maslany is great, absolutely. And I've met

Season 3 is already on Netflix here :devil: I'll be very busy the next weeks. I generally find it very entertaining, but I say that now, and I thought it was overrated at first too.One thing you could is let me list all the best episodes and only watch those, you would still get to witness most of the story :dunno: Some of the best of what tv has to offer is still waiting for you later on, it'd be a shame to miss them.Some big things happen at the end of S2 though.Me and sis are one ep ahead of you then :)Sherlock is nice, but the plot is kind of ridiculous IMO.

Her name is Cosima (assuming you mean the scientist.

My favourite is probably Alison or Helena. Alison is absolutely great in S2 (safe to read this spoiler btw, it doesn't relate to S2)

I think the different personalities of the clones and the way Maslany is able to showcase all of them is fantastic.

I think GMM likes this too

I have the first three seasons on my laptop right now, so I might go on with it dependent on what happens till the end of season 2. If anything permanently bad happens to Hank, I'll quit :lol:

Sherlock doesn't really have or want to have a plot imo. It's more like a series of separate movies loosely linked together. I didn't actually like all the episodes, but Martin Freeman and Benedict Cumberbatch duo + the general atmosphere + soundtrack + general idea + (imo) very creative ways of make the original stories contemporary got me sucked into a Sherlock world. I love detective stories in general too. Basically it's just more to my taste than Breaking Bad.

Well I'm not saying anything :P I hope you enjoy.

I meant more like the plot for each seperate story. Baskervilles for example goes a bit off the rails and has a very unsatisfying payoff. The production value is great though, I agree with you there.

Her name is Cosima (assuming you mean the scientist.

My favourite is probably Alison or Helena. Alison is absolutely great in S2 (safe to read this spoiler btw, it doesn't relate to S2)

I think the different personalities of the clones and the way Maslany is able to showcase all of them is fantastic.

I think GMM likes this too

Yeah, her.

Agreed. The trivia on OB's IMDB page has some info on the process, there's even different ways Maslany has to roll her eyes for the various characters. (Btw, Kira is adorable :P)

I'm going to watch episode 5 now.

Kira! :love:

UK still has no air date for Season 3. Tables will be flipped if it doesn't show soon.

ETA: UK Netflix only got S2 just before season 3 aired elsewhere. I'm probably going to get the DVD tbh, I have s1 and 2. (Yes, DVDs still exist people :p Hell, I still have video tapes of things like Peter Pan, Mary Poppins etc :lol: )

Also, I spent £45 on e-books last night, not to mention all the freebies I got(classics, I don't go in for illegal downloads). I have a problem. :leaving:

[Random rant]

I really like some pages which for me used to have humor. However the last year-6 month there isn’t one time that I haven’t been one time that I go there and there isn’t a post about Greece where everyone say “Pay dept”. I can understand and it’s totally normal that is only natural for foreigners to see Greece as the big bad guy who only wants for other countries to pay them and they don’t want to pay back as the media present, however when some people who know about what really happens try to explain the situation it’s all name calling and cursing. I think that is because the people don’t want to listen and like what happens with Greek people who believe that a particular country in EU is the one to blame.

I think that is very easy for both sides to blame the other. However I think that they should try to understand the common people on both sides. From Greek side we should understand that the Europeans who were told that the Greek people don’t pay taxes, which is a lie people pay the taxes and at the end some of them have almost nothing left for them to live with, don’t work and so on. But I think that people should just ask to see if this is right or wrong, because I believe that both sides have been right and wrong. Why people simply cannot simply ask to find the truth instead of attacking.

As I said before I don’t speak only for the outsiders. I am also talking about Greeks. [/Random rant]

Holy mother of pearl that is amazing. 10 points to BlueBear :)

There's also a funny one, if the Harry Potter books had followed the Fast and Furious naming structure:

The Harry and the Potter

2 Harry 2 Potter

The Harry and the Potter: Azkaban Prisoner

Harry and Potter

Harry Five

Harry & Potter 6

Potter 7

[Random rant]

I really like some pages which for me used to have humor. However the last year-6 month there isn’t one time that I haven’t been one time that I go there and there isn’t a post about Greece where everyone say “Pay dept”. I can understand and it’s totally normal that is only natural for foreigners to see Greece as the big bad guy who only wants for other countries to pay them and they don’t want to pay back as the media present, however when some people who know about what really happens try to explain the situation it’s all name calling and cursing. I think that is because the people don’t want to listen and like what happens with Greek people who believe that a particular country in EU is the one to blame.

I think that is very easy for both sides to blame the other. However I think that they should try to understand the common people on both sides. From Greek side we should understand that the Europeans who were told that the Greek people don’t pay taxes, which is a lie people pay the taxes and at the end some of them have almost nothing left for them to live with, don’t work and so on. But I think that people should just ask to see if this is right or wrong, because I believe that both sides have been right and wrong. Why people simply cannot simply ask to find the truth instead of attacking.

As I said before I don’t speak only for the outsiders. I am also talking about Greeks. [/Random rant]

:grouphug: just stay away from those sites. It's useless to tell morons the truth, they don't want to hear it. Don't waste your time.

Better tell me where to start (which season) Doctor Who :lol: I finally have time to watch it.

http://imgur.com/gallery/YL28xWell Helena did you like it?

:lol: yeah Helena, did you like it? :D

:grouphug: just stay away from those sites. It's useless to tell morons the truth, they don't want to hear it. Don't waste your time.

Better tell me where to start (which season) Doctor Who :lol: I finally have time to watch it.

Thank you Adara! :grouphug: Sorry for the rant, I just needed to get it off my chest.

I would say that you should start to watch it from Series 1 of the revieved DW, you can just pass the 10th one who imnsho was terribly emo, and then see again from series 5. Now maybe later you can start watching the classics which are the first 7 Doctors. You maybe even like the movie which is about #8.

:lol: yeah Helena, did you like it? :D

:lol: how is Penny Dreadful going?

Also, :grouphug: for JQC

Thank you Adara! :grouphug: Sorry for the rant, I just needed to get it off my chest.

Do what you feel like, this is a save haven.

I would say that you should start to watch it from Series 1 of the revieved DW, you can just pass the 10th one who imnsho was terribly emo, and then see again from series 5. Now maybe later you can start watching the classics which are the first 7 Doctors. You maybe even like the movie which is about #8.

What :huh: .. so I start with Doctor #9 in 2005?

:lol: how is Penny Dreadful going?

It's over :bawl:

Thank you Helaena! :grouphug: back at you!

Thank you Adara for your kind words!

Yes, I wouldn't bother watching 10 but for some people he is their fav :dunno:

It's over :bawl:

No way! You mean Germany got the finale before the UK?! :tantrum: Not thT I dont already know what happens. I gobbled up those spoilers like popcorn...

Btw, which season was your favourite? Season 2 by a country mile for me. For numerous reasons, including but not limited to Angelique, the fabulous Mr. Lyle, a Billie Piper's scenes in 2 08 and 2 09

eta: and also, the entire Cut Wife episode.

Eta2: also pretty much everything...

Archived