Why does Danny want the Iron Throne?

Birthright. Blood and Fire. Etc, etc.

Daenerys takes a lot of heat. Even I talk about how she is a terrible leader and she's entitled, etc, etc from time to time.

The truth is, her warped view of the world is no fault of her own and has everything to do with her insane brother, Viserys.

I really liked Dany in the first couple novels. But I like her less and less from book-to-book. Her story used to be good. Her humility and innocence was refreshing. Her story arc has been annoying and her story has become slow and boring.

I would love to see her abandon her birthright and walk a different path.

I kind of went off on a tangent there. Sorry. I'm not trying to hijack anything. Nor, am I Daenerys-hating. I don't hate her. But I think she has become pretty lame.

Has she or Viserys ever seen an assassin sent by Robert before the series started? Has Robert admitted sending these assassins ?

As far as she knows, she's one step ahead of the assassins. Ser Willem Darry carried her off from Dragonstone, because the garrison were about to sell her and Viserys to Robert (we can assume she'd have been chucked into the sea, or had her head smashed in). Then, she was nearly poisoned in Vaes Dothrak, which confirms to her that everything Viserys said about the matter was true.

Considering Dany is an endgame character and Stannis likely isn't I'd say your wrong. Even with all your compelling ant research.

Being an endgame character does not mean she will fight the Others. Arya is an endgame character too. I do not think she will fight the Others.

As far as she knows, she's one step ahead of the assassins. Ser Willem Darry carried her off from Dragonstone, because the garrison were about to sell her and Viserys to Robert (we can assume she'd have been chucked into the sea, or had her head smashed in). Then, she was nearly poisoned in Vaes Dothrak, which confirms to her that everything Viserys said about the matter was true.

She deserved to be killed at Vaes Dothrak. Because she was a part of the plot to invade Westeros.

This is why I said "before the series started".

Those assassins were imaginary. Delusions of good old Viserys.

She deserved to be killed at Vaes Dothrak. Because she was a part of the plot to invade Westeros.

This is why I said "before the series started".

Those assassins were imaginary. Delusions of good old Viserys.

Unlike readers, characters aren't omniscient. They can only act on the information available to them. She has good reason to believe she's being hunted.

As to whether the assassination was justified, if Robert had offered Dany and Viserys the chance to return to Westeros and live there as private citizens, and they turned the offer down in favour of invasion, i'd agree. But not otherwise. Trying to murder a pregnant 14 year old violates the knightly code of honour.

Has she or Viserys ever seen an assassin sent by Robert before the series started? Has Robert admitted sending these assassins ?

That was lies by Illirio and Varys. Anyway, only Varys was informing Robert, and Varys had other plans. IIRC, Robert wished to send assassins, but Jon Arryn was against. And Robert did nothing.

ATA: I believe the assassins tales were to cultivate Viserys madness.

Being an endgame character does not mean she will fight the Others. Arya is an endgame character too. I do not think she will fight the Others.

I think everyone will be involved in one way or another. Supposedly Needle was mentioned as being effective against the Others in the original outline. Sansa will probably rally the Vale, and control the food supplies during the winter. Other characters will contribute in different ways.

Despite how much you want Jon to be the only important character in the War for Dawn, that's not what's going to happen.

I think everyone will be involved in one way or another. Supposedly Needle was mentioned as being effective against the Others in the original outline. Sansa will probably rally the Vale, and control the food supplies during the winter. Other characters will contribute in different ways.

Despite how much you want Jon to be the only important character in the War for Dawn, that's not what's going to happen.

That Needle part of the draft has been given up. Arya (or Cat) didnot come to the Wall but two variations of draft!Arya (fArya and Alys) served a similar purpose to cause problems to Jon.

I do not believe good guys teaming up to defeat the big bad monsters will be what George will do because that is a lousy Hollywood cliche.

Jon is the one true hero of the story of the Battle for Dawn.

That Needle part of the draft has been given up. Arya (or Cat) didnot come to the Wall but two variations of draft!Arya (fArya and Alys) served a similar purpose to cause problems to Jon.

I do not believe good guys teaming up to defeat the big bad monsters will be what George will do because that is a lousy Hollywood cliche.

Jon cannot be at all the places at one time. How he will be fighting the Others who will be attacking at multiple places. For me everyone(even the bad guys..) fighting them at different ends looks more believable.

How is the hidden prince one true hero single handedly saving the kingdom by himself not a cliché?

Jon cannot be at all the places at one time. How he will be fighting the Others who will be attacking at multiple places. For me everyone(even the bad guys..) fighting them at different ends looks more believable.

No one knows how the Others will invade.

How is the hidden prince one true hero single handedly saving the kingdom by himself not a cliché?

Keep reading.

Why does it have to be a team up. The long night and the war against the others has been built up from the first chapter. If it doesn't affect everyone it will be disappointing.

How it a single hero destined to save the world less cliche than seeing how the war affects each individual POV character. Reading how different individuals deal with the situation of the impending zombie apocolypse would be much more interesting in my opinion.

Then how will they invade and what are your evidences for your scenario?

Considering their attacks on the fist and hardhome, it is evident that they are well planned attacks. Assuming the wall will fall and the chaos that follows,they will strike at multiple points to gather their wight army. Also it is a suicide for a human army to fight them in one place because every dead man will fight against you giving them advantage. So logically I would assume the fight taking place at multiple places.

Why does it have to be a team up. The long night and the war against the others has been built up from the first chapter. If it doesn't affect everyone it will be disappointing.

How it a single hero destined to save the world less cliche than seeing how the war affects each individual POV character. Reading how different individuals deal with the situation of the impending zombie apocolypse would be much more interesting in my opinion.

That is the most overdone Hollywood cliche. As you say I would like to read the battle of Dawn from everyone's POV than from only Jon's POV.

Was the situation in the South (USA) immediately better during the Civil War? Was the situation for the freed former slaves immediately better in the years following the war?

Ending slavery will not be easy, for anyone, not even for the slaves themselves. People don't want freedom because it is easy, people want freedom so that they will have the freedom to make choices. The benefit of liberation will happen over time. The war is far from over. Grazdan mo Eraz still lives and is asking support from Volantis. The Harpy is still strong and still fighting a guerilla warfare. When Dany puts them down for good, things will start to improve. Have all the problems created by slavery in America been solved? No, they have not. Dany will definitely have to return to Slaver's Bay after her business in Westeros. Dany will rule in King's Landing for a time, but I predict that Tyrion will stay behind and rule what is left of a frozen Westeros behind a puppet king/queen installed by Daenerys. Maybe she props up her nephew, Aegon VI and Tyrion stays behind to be his Hand of the King.

I hope you're not saying that those slaves that she freed would be better off still being slaves. Each individual circumstance is different, but the vast majority are glad that she freed them.

I wouldn't even try to put the real world into this, usually what "bringers" (is it even a word in English?) of freedom and democracy have brought to foreign countries was destruction and the slow return of the old ways with a side order of revenge maybe with different players, but the same music playing.

What's more I find it a bit too easy to compare a situation which has had completion (well.. too long let's not even get into it) and transpose it on a situation "in fieri".

You seem to believe that the outcome will be positive, but the books have not gotten so far, none of us can know yet. It might be as you say, it might not.

What we have are the facts in the books and the facts are that before there was slavery and injustice and now there is a fight looming, the pale mare, and a ruler who is tired of the compromises, of ruling a foreign Country of people she doesn't even like and wants to get the heck away from there.

At least, that is what I surmised at the end of aDwD where the last chapter seems to indicate that the inner struggle that Dany has faced up to now between the instinct for protection and the one for aggression has reached an apex and her choice of "Fire and blood" to me is ominous. Hopefully I am reading the signs incorrectly in which case please point out to me where I am mistaken or misremembering.

Archived