Rant and Rave Without Repercussion: Season 5 Continued (Book Spoilers)

RGBeyondAsshai

I doubt it. They luv Carol. That they made Marg Boleyn her equal foil, and a mean girl bitch shows how much they love her. So, I don't think so. She will go crazy because of the WOS, and because her tool of a brother Larry let another one of her children die...right in his arms, no less. So, she will be all alone....poor gal, and between the humiliation, patriarchy and her dumb brother, she will snap.

They luv her but they also want to seem edgy and don't have any awareness of how media handles female anti-villain or anti-hero that descends into madness. And that's a relatively common trope. Crazy girls are sexy and dangerous! As a fan of horror stories I've unfortunately, seen it too often: we are supposed to be somewhat sorry, but even more we should enjoy craziness.

But either way it will come down to fragile women psychics.

I still can't believe they butchered my favourite character Meryn Trant. And no one, not even fellow book purists seem to be concerned about this that it makes me worried. So it is horrible when they butcher a character like Stannis, but OK when they butcher Meryn Trant? You hypocrites! :crying:

Meryn Trant's a victim.

Giggling about this because the poor actor who played Ser Meryn also was on Vikings last season, and played a guy who raped lhis niece when she waa little girl, so when the Vikings killed him, she asked for his severed head and stabbed the heck out of it. Dude just can't win!

Giggling about this because the poor actor who played Ser Meryn also was on Vikings last season, and played a guy who raped lhis niece when she waa little girl, so when the Vikings killed him, she asked for his severed head and stabbed the heck out of it. Dude just can't win!

Well he's pretty much a lock for a future role as the headless horseman.

#careerforeshadowing

And then Jaime will tearfully mercy kill her out of love and not find himself in exactly the same situation as with Aerys.

It is so annoying and obvious that Jaime is still in love with her in the show because they want a tragic, awful, SHOCKING moment when he eventually kills her. That is probably why they cut the valonqar part of the prophecy too- St. Tyrion would never be so monstrous; Cersei only has ONE murderous little brother.

It's going to be great when he shows up in KL with their dead daughter, and she tells him how worthless, stupid, useless he is, and that she told him going to Dorne was stupid in the first place. He will just look sad and mopey, then she'll tell him to get out of KL and he'll leave, tail between his legs, off to the riverlands, the poor sod.

Maybe they will handle Larry's rejection by Carol in an Olly sort of way. Every time her name comes up, there will be a close up. Until finally one day, he strangles her. And her last word will be, Larry...

Fingers crossed they can creatively find a way to make that last word 'Olly'

LOL, that's oddly specific typecasting. Poor Ian Beattie is going to get a complex. "Something about you just screams 'child rapist.'"

Archived