Rant and Rave Without Repercussion: Season 5 Continued (Book Spoilers)

RGBeyondAsshai

But what about greyscale? Will Daario get it? Did Missandei get it? Does it spread only when the plot demands?

I like how when Jorah just discovered it it was already a huge patch, but then it didn't spread at all (I think it's possible for a real disease to act this way, but for tv it's strange not to fuel our suspense each episode)

I was wondering about that, too. What would be the most obvious compelling way to introduce that to the plot?

Daario will probably feel sorry for him, and he will say, you are the one who deserves her, you are such a nice guy.

I was definitely looking forward to Lena Headey doing Cersei's decent into madness, and the burning Tower of the Hand scene in particular. I never should've fooled myself into thinking it would happen. It is also fairly amazing the lack of screentime she had this season considering she should be a central character.

I really think her decent into madness happens next season. They will make it as if the Walk drew her mad. I would be happy to get proven wrong, but I really think that's what they are going to do. Carol turns into Aerys in one hour.

I hate Penny. Everything about her story including the needless animal cruelty of killing her pig and dog. I'm glad she's gone, good riddance.

But, let's just say that Tyrion bottoming out only lasted about 2.5 episodes. He's been back to his old self since Jorah captured him, outwitting the slavers wherever he goes, winning over Stormborn in 3 minutes, and being granted the rule of Meereen in another 5.

This doesn't bother than much though, it's far down on my show complaints.

I should clarify that I don't miss Penny at all. Good riddance, indeed. Also, her segments had all the subtlety of a 2x4 in the books. Not a fan.

Varys' ego-stroking of Tyrion didn't surprise me since Varys has always been Tyrion's #1 fan. Remember when he was willing to give Shae a fortune just so she wouldn't interfere with Tyrion's ascent to greatness? He seems way more invested in Tyrion's success than Dany's. I would have laughed at a King Tyrion endgame before the show started, and it seems ludicrous based on the books, but I'm starting to wonder.

I was wondering about that, too. What would be the most obvious compelling way to introduce that to the plot?

Daario will probably feel sorry for him, and he will say, you are the one who deserves her, you are such a nice guy.

I think at first they hate each other, then grudging respect seemingly grows, Daario discovers that Jorah is infected, but they are buddies - until Daario tells Dany or Dothraki or someone else about the greyscale. As a result Jorah dies. Or Daario dies.

I really think her decent into madness happens next season. They will make it as if the Walk drew her mad. I would be happy to get proven wrong, but I really think that's what they are going to do. Carol turns into Aerys in one hour.

Yeah, I agree. She will become poor pitiful mad Carol, driven crazy by the evil religious thugs.

I'm pretty sure when Sansa takes over the role of Pia and the Dusky Woman, she'll at least make one more reference. It is known;

Ah, yes, she does it so well, no doubt that's her role now.

Also, this reminds me of Blade Runner, the replicants had different classifications. She's their minor character rape replicant.

Yeah, I agree. She will become poor pitiful mad Carol, driven crazy by the evil religious thugs.

And then Jaime will tearfully mercy kill her out of love and not find himself in exactly the same situation as with Aerys.

I think at first they hate each other, then grudging respect seemingly grows, Daario discovers that Jorah is infected, but they are buddies - until Daario tells Dany or Dothraki or someone else about the greyscale. As a result Jorah dies. Or Daario dies.

That sounds perfect. The music will swell, the tears will fall, can't wait for the Inside the Episode to cap it off.

Yeah, I had in my season 6 predictions in the other thread that her walk would cause her descent into madness... which misses the entire point.

:frown5:

And then Jaime will tearfully mercy kill her out of love and not find himself in exactly the same situation as with Aerys.

Jaime has to kill Cersei because it's a plot-point. I don't know how they'll do it, but probably they'll find a way to shoehorn it somehow. And then go with "Jaime's a monster.Tywin is lawful neutral."

I agree. Cersei was a tiger mom until her latest humiliation that turned her into crazy woman in the attic.

Yeah, I had in my season 6 predictions in the other thread that her walk would cause her descent into madness... which misses the entire point.

:frown5:

On the other hand... better an underwhelming explanation that misses the point of her book character than no explanation at all and things just happen. Seriously, we have seen how contrived things can get when D&D steer their ship forcefully towards some plot point...

No, I meant that she will become completely Hollywood cray-cray and start torturing infants and fucking Robert Strong and they will say in the interviews that we are supposed to lose all our sympathy for her. And there will be a lot of ableism and slut-shaming and mad women in the attick trope.

I'll be really glad if I'm wrong but I don't have any faith in them right now. And I've seen something similar from much better writers.

Edit: spelling "ableism"

No, I meant that she will become completely Hollywood cray-cray and start torturing infants and fucking Robert Strong and they will say in the interviews that we are supposed to lose all our sympathy for her. And there will be a lot of albeism and slut-shaming and mad women in the attick trope.

I'll be really glad if I'm wrong but I don't have any faith in them right now. And I've seen something similar from much better writers.

I love it! Fucking Robert Strong! :lol:

No, I meant that she will become completely Hollywood cray-cray and start torturing infants and fucking Robert Strong and they will say in the interviews that we are supposed to lose all our sympathy for her. And there will be a lot of albeism and slut-shaming and mad women in the attick trope.

I don't think it's gone that low yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if it actually did.

I doubt it. They luv Carol. That they made Marg Boleyn her equal foil, and a mean girl bitch shows how much they love her. So, I don't think so. She will go crazy because of the WOS, and because her tool of a brother Larry let another one of her children die...right in his arms, no less. So, she will be all alone....poor gal, and between the humiliation, patriarchy and her dumb brother, she will snap.

Perhaps Jorah's elf eyes can see a 'Dragon' glow on it, or something. Perhaps Darrio will stub his toe on the ring. In real life a horse would step on the ring and it would end up lodged in the hoof, laming the horse. It would then be pulled out by the rider, who would keep such a valuable item. But GOT is so far from logic or good storytelling so...

As for 'tracking' Drogon, they'll just follow the contrails.

That's exactly what's gonna happen. You called it first!

Archived