Small Questions v. 10102

He did not get anyone in the bargain. Brynden decided to leave on his own and Jon accepted him into his service. LF had been at the Fingers for more than a year, far put of Hosters reach.

Lysa would later as Jon to give LF a job, which he did.

Cat and Edmure write each other letters. Why wouldn't Cat and Brynden?

true but would she write about Jon to her uncle? to me she seemed like she would never mention him unless someone asked about him. 

true but would she write about Jon to her uncle? to me she seemed like she would never mention him unless someone asked about him. 

Cat, Lysa, Edmure and LF always went to Brynden with their troubles and problems when they were young. To Cat, Jon was a sort of problem. It wouldn't surprise me if she had written to Brynden about it. Nor would it surprise me if he had asked about Jon and how Cat was dealing with it.

Can this be true?

The burning gods cast a pretty light, wreathed in their robes of shifting flame, red and orange and yellow. Septon Barre had once told Davos how they'd been carved from the masts of the ships that had carried the first Targaryens from Valyria. Over the centuries, they had been painted and repainted, gilded, silvered, jeweled. "Their beauty will make them more pleasing to R'hllor," Melisandre said when she told Stannis to pull them down and drag them out the castle gates.

Davos I,  Clash 10

Consider the timing...

Are you referring to the SSM that claims Aegon I converted as a political maneuver? Ran said that was a misunderstanding or mistranslation and that the Tagaryens took up the Faith, at least nominally, long before Aegon. I'd find the post if the search feature was working.

Are you referring to the SSM that claims Aegon I converted as a political maneuver? Ran said that was a misunderstanding or mistranslation and that the Tagaryens took up the Faith, at least nominally, long before Aegon. I'd find the post if the search feature was working.

That works.

Is there any symbolic importance to the chamber of the dragon mosaic under the Tower of the Hand? Varys and Tyrion go through a door into the round chamber, there are five other doors opening off the room barred in iron and an opening in the ceiling (7 openings) Plus the 3-headed dragon mosaic. It always seems symbolic on re-reads. Are there any good theories on GRRM's use of 7? Do the various faces correspond to characters in the books i.e. Davos to the Smith and Brienne to the Maid?

Thanks. One can only hope. I just wish it won't be written from a maester pov, just Geroge's thoughts.

It will be Gyldayns book. The Rogue Prince is the best example at hand of what you can espect, as that is a slightly edited version of Gyldayns account of the reign of Viserys I. The Princess and the Queen, though also Gyldayns account, is not the best example. Quite a lot was cut from that version, as can be noticed when reading the novella. They were, IIRC, 80.000 words cut into a 30.000 word-story.

I have the 2012 paperback edition of Dance. At the page 754, Alys Kartstark's wedding, septon Cellador is mistaken for septon Chayle. 

• Is it Jon being confused ?
  • Has there been an erratum ?
  • Should we put on our tinfoil hats ?

I have the 2012 paperback edition of Dance. At the page 754, Alys Kartstark's wedding, septon Cellador is mistaken for septon Chayle. 

• Is it Jon being confused ?
  • Has there been an erratum ?
  • Should we put on our tinfoil hats ?

That has been widely been recognized as a mistake since, since Jon would likely have made a bigger dealer out of the Septon of Winterfall surviving to reach the Wall.

In the future I may post a review of TWOIAF. Any general thread for that?

There's a whole subforum for The World of Ice and Fire. You could also start threads in the general forum on specific topics. And if you're making observations and asking medium sized questions the Wow, I never noticed that thread is a good spot.

Illyrio says in GoT that Jorah has been anointed in the light of the seven - implying that he follows the seven. Does House Mormont follow the new gods rather then the old - unlike the rest of the North - did Jorah convert (perhaps as a result of his marriage) or is Ilyrio trying to bind Jorah to Dany's cause?

Archived