Strain S2, soooo?

Alia of the knife

Ok, so watching Eichorst give Kelly a makeup lesson has been the best thing about this season.  It was so creepy in the best way possible.

The rest of it, holy shit.  They are in the same place they were when the season started, with the only difference being that Coco is now sleeping with Palmer (WHY?!?)   There is no movement with the plot.  This season is throwing itself down the drain.  I blame Zach.  Actually, now I blame Kelly.  She had one job to do and she couldn't get even a single worm in his annoying little face.  

Ok, so watching Eichorst give Kelly a makeup lesson has been the best thing about this season.  It was so creepy in the best way possible.

The rest of it, holy shit.  They are in the same place they were when the season started, with the only difference being that Coco is now sleeping with Palmer (WHY?!?)   There is no movement with the plot.  This season is throwing itself down the drain.  I blame Zach.  Actually, now I blame Kelly.  She had one job to do and she couldn't get even a single worm in his annoying little face.  

Coco with Palmer is so gross.  UGH.  

I kind of enjoyed Nazi dude giving makeup lessons.  I actually am starting to root for him. I was hoping he would ditch the Master since he got passed over for promotion, but no go.

During old man's shouts of "Coco!" did anyone else involuntarily think of Conan O'Brien?  

She was sexier sitting in her office chair fully clothed than in her pajamas for the bed scene.   1/2 of it is due to her awesome chair-sitting posture (I thought she really nailed it), and the other 1/2 is because she was farther away from dude in that office shot.  

Missed a couple episodes and I feel okay about that.    I didn't get that feeling of not being up to speed.   Apparently some drug company hottie came and went.

On Demand flaked on me and never showed the episode when the ancients croaked, so..... whatever.   Bygones.    It was nice to see Eph's mistress survive that vampire-monkey-children invasion of their pad, since she'd usually have been the one who died from the bite attack on the stairwell, but since that other lady just died the regular cast got a free pass this week.   Waiting for Kelly to summon the family to vampire divorce court.   Rock stars do get away with a lot.  Will the masses accept the master now that he's cool?

Coco with Palmer is so gross.  UGH.  

I kind of enjoyed Nazi dude giving makeup lessons.  I actually am starting to root for him. I was hoping he would ditch the Master since he got passed over for promotion, but no go.

I wonder if they intended the evil Nazi vampire to be the one we start routing for.   I mean, the most vile of vile genocide happy creatures to ever walk the face of the earth and I can't wait to see him win the day.  Something went wrong during the writing process for this show.

On Demand flaked on me and never showed the episode when the ancients croaked, so..... whatever.  

Croaked as in died?  Is this supposed to happen?  Because they're still chillin' in a basement with their spirit fingers as far as I know.  

Wha huh!   Yooz guys were talking a few weeks back as if the ancient trio got whacked, like they were done.   

Also, birds eat worms.   Is that the solution?    Take some finches to a nuclear facility and irradiate them then feed them a stimulant so they're twice as hungry and their beaks are striking twice as fast, then turn them loose on the vampire worms.

The vampire squad got killed, not the Ancients...

I really don't understand the point of watching a serialized show without watching all episodes in order...

I don't want to be insulting or rude, but that's pretty much my definition of moronic when it comes to TV shows.

Just quit, I don't know.

The vampire squad got killed, not the Ancients...

I really don't understand the point of watching a serialized show without watching all episodes in order...

I don't want to be insulting or rude, but that's pretty much my definition of moronic when it comes to TV shows.

Just quit, I don't know.

Seriously?  You're getting testy about someone's viewing habits of The Strain?  It's one step above a soap opera.  I've actually watched soap operas that were better written than this show.  

Didn't want to sound "testy", sorry if I did.

And no, I don't consider The Strain as lowly as you do. But clearly, with the way you're watching it, there is no hope to like it, even if it was good.

I just snorted reading your post.  How am I supposed to watch it?  I'm watching it in order, but yeah, when I get bored, I turn it off and go to bed and watch the rest of it later.  If this makes me a 'bad' viewer, then so be it.

On to the show - 

Just watched the rest of the latest episode and am puzzled that Norah was able to discern that Eph slept with pharma rep. when he never said that.  Also, the whole 'nearly got the Master' and Kelly's 'nearly killed Norah' is getting old.

Thanks for keeping it real.    I used to watch Vampire Diaries episodes in order but then found that you could shuffle them up and it was just as good.   Dobrev was with the one brother and then the other one then maybe back to the first one but no and always she has these reasons which totally make sense for that hour but then next week is like "What!"   When you watch the episodes in sequence all of that becomes harder to explain.   You start having expectations and it puts more pressure on the show to perform which is something the writers don't need.   So from then on it got easier to leave linear time behind.    I watched Season 2 of The Walking Dead last, and it worked well.   Out of sequence viewing is also the best way to go for Under the Dome. 

All I got from Norah was she looked at him like, "Ick, you just gave me a lot to process, including that you murder now."   So I wasn't sure if her look of disgust when he mentioned the pharmacy rep was just a carryover from that train story.

The Stoneheart building is the most fortified skyscraper ever.   It has those cross-hatch window coverings on the sides like he's ready for a World War Z zombie pile up attack.   He's the one guy who's ready to take on the vampires in a house fight, and he sides with them so Eickwhorest can waltz in the front door.   It's a waste of the building's potential.

So Eph's vampire ex slaps on a wig and some make up and drives through the checkpoint in the middle of the day!

It was a bit cloudy so I guess that makes it OK? Literally what the fuck! Whoever is directing this shit seriously doesn't care anymore. Maybe they're locked into a contract with the network and they've given up on life.

Also like the audio loop of background sirens/ folks screaming/ alarms going off that they use over and over again to give the viewer a sense of the mad chaos going on in NYC, even though we hardly see any and all the main characters walk around the place without a care in the world.

Why can't I stop watching this crap? Why???

So Eph's vampire ex slaps on a wig and some make up and drives through the checkpoint in the middle of the day!

It was a bit cloudy so I guess that makes it OK? Literally what the fuck! Whoever is directing this shit seriously doesn't care anymore. Maybe they're locked into a contract with the network and they've given up on life.

Also like the audio loop of background sirens/ folks screaming/ alarms going off that they use over and over again to give the viewer a sense of the mad chaos going on in NYC, even though we hardly see any and all the main characters walk around the place without a care in the world.

Why can't I stop watching this crap? Why???

I know!!!!  I meant to comment on that.  Why are she and Nazi dude able to walk around in daylight?  This has not been explained at all.  It makes no sense.  

At this point, I'm just watching because it makes me feel better about myself, my career, and my life choices.  Am I sleeping with Eldridge Palmer?  No.  Do I serve a dark lord who is inhabiting the body of a Marilyn Manson wannabe?  No.  Do I have to work with Eph?  No. 

It's all gold.

Heavy sunscreen/makeup is kind of a thing to give vamps limited daywalking, going back to the first Blade movie, and probably even further than that.

At this point, I'm just watching because it makes me feel better about myself, my career, and my life choices.  Am I sleeping with Eldridge Palmer?  No.  Do I serve a dark lord who is inhabiting the body of a Marilyn Manson wannabe?  No.  Do I have to work with Eph?  No. 

It's all gold.

:lmao:

Heavy sunscreen/makeup is kind of a thing to give vamps limited daywalking, going back to the first Blade movie, and probably even further than that.

:lmao:

Mmmmm yeah K. So why doesn't the Master slap on some sunscreen? I mean Abraham nearly killed him at the end of last season. In fact why doesn't Palmer buy a factory making factor 50 and get all the vamps to slap some on? They'd take over the world easily! Hold on you were kidding yeah?

Archived