Worrying rumblings from Emilia Clarke

Saltire Knight

What if George has her raped? Will it be OK then?

Why would he do that, when in the books he makes it Dany's choice to return to the Dothraki?

In the show they didn't even mention how she was supposed to return to the crones when Drogo died, and they had her captured like a damsel in distress rather than flying towards the khalasar and waiting for them to approach her. Book-Dany has a plan.

Shocking moments are just fine, but I hope they keep the rape to a minimum.

I don't really understand this fixation with sexual violence.

Personally I want any disturbing scene to be earned and not put in for cheap thrills. In terms of things they have shown I have found Shireen's burning and, to a lesser extent, Theon's torture to be far more disturbing than Sana's wedding night or Cersei and Jaimie having some rough sex.

Why would he do that, when in the books he makes it Dany's choice to return to the Dothraki?

In the show they didn't even mention how she was supposed to return to the crones when Drogo died, and they had her captured like a damsel in distress rather than flying towards the khalasar and waiting for them to approach her. Book-Dany has a plan.

And book Dany is not a damsel in distress, quite the opposite, and more than ever at the end of Dance.

Definitely agree. Most of this season's plot points were done solely with the purpose of SHOCK. The plot lines didn't make any sense and were completely out of logic and out of characters. I hope the next one... well, isn't. At least I hope if it is shocking, it does make sense and probably even goes with the books a little more. 

Actors/Actresses tend to exaggerate, regardless, I'd rather have "go go go" than "nothing happens until episode 7" like Season 5.
Keep in mind that "shocking moment" could range from "oh Euron is here" to "Jon Snow is the son of Hodor who is actually the devil"

^^ Dany will without a doubt be either raped or, more likely, almost raped [eternal damsel in distress] and then saved in the nick of time by Drogon or whoever finds that ring she dropped on the grass.

Is that so unrealistic knowing the Dothraki and (assuming this hoard know who Dany is) their relationship with her?

Is that so unrealistic knowing the Dothraki and (assuming this hoard know who Dany is) their relationship with her?

It is, actually. Do you remember Dany's last chapter in Dance well? It's not Dany who is in trouble, imo.
And in the book Drogon is not 'sleepy and wants to get better'. Sleepy! LOL
Such nonsense.

Dany is not going to be raped by the Dothraki, nor is she going to be a damsel in distress waiting to be rescued by Daario and Jorah.  I suspect that she is as is forshadowed by the books is going to take control of the khalasars. If anyone is going to "resue" her it is Drogon who when the Dothraki see her controlling him will declare her their leader.

Dany is not going to be raped by the Dothraki, nor is she going to be a damsel in distress waiting to be rescued by Daario and Jorah.  I suspect that she is as is forshadowed by the books is going to take control of the khalasars. If anyone is going to "resue" her it is Drogon who when the Dothraki see her controlling him will declare her their leader.

They didn't have her drop that ring for no reason.  So, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if they have the next road buddy comedy tour of Daario and Jorah 'rescue' her.

Season 6 will have a great amount of shocking scenes. Ok, fine, the only question is: this shocking scenes will be well tied in the plot or the characters  will serve only like plot devices to get the shocking scenes? The main problem of the season 5 was it, many arcs were poorly written, the characters neglected because the main objective was to get the shocking scenes, I will not be surprised if the same thing happen in the next season.

Season 6 will have a great amount of shocking scenes. Ok, fine, the only question is: this shocking scenes will be well tied in the plot or the characters  will serve only like plot devices to get the shocking scenes? The main problem of the season 5 was it, many arcs were poorly written, the characters neglected because the main objective was to get the shocking scenes, I will not be surprised if the same thing happen in the next season.

Of course it will be shock for shock's sake with little to no regard to the rest. After all, after two appallingly bad seasons, the show is bigger than ever, more successful than ever, and got a record Emmy noms. Why should they suddenly start caring about minor things such as development or consistency? To paraphrase Manderly, they've given viewers excrement and 99% lapped it up and praised the taste. They know their fans, and they'll keep on giving them what they want.

They didn't have her drop that ring for no reason.  So, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if they have the next road buddy comedy tour of Daario and Jorah 'rescue' her.

Oh sure they will find the ring but I don't see this ending up as a rescue mission especially if they keep in the Dany becomes the leader of the Dothrake storyline.

Archived