What house will have the Iron throne by the end of the series

Stag_legion

I thiink this scenario Is missing the "bitter" from "biitersweet".

To a degree neither Jon or Dany will still the throne. With them being the whole ice and fire and the two primary characters expect on the throne that the bitterness. Both will end of sacrificing everything for the kingdom. There is a bit much in the sweetness for the remaining cast but one can hope.

I am thinking there will not be an Iron Throne nor Seven Kingdoms as a whole in the end. My bittersweet ending has sweet in humanity surviving, barely and dreaming of spring. Crack pot if there ever was one, of course, but somehow I believe the story is about the devastation that politics and power struggles cause, our astonishing ability to ignore larger issues and in the end I think the story is about a change of an era. Why have such huge things in the past - The Long night, erecting of the wall etc. and then write seven books about some petty lords? :)

Upon first read, I thought ASOIAF was leading to some sort of modernization for Planetos, but now, I doubt it.

Although it would be bittersweet to go from the medieval setting to some version of a Renaissance. The 16th and 17th centuries were totally bloodsoaked for Europe because of religious wars. I'd love to see Westeros dealing with an anarchy in the epilogue, while the Free Cities get to enjoy their equivalent of Michelangelo and da Vinci.

I just feel their place is in the north. Jon would be the only exception due to his Targaryen blood. But even he probably wouldn't like it down south. If he's on the IT at the end he will probably be miserable.

Well GRRM did promise us a bittersweet ending. So whoever's on the throne, they won't be very happy about it. 

Jaimie Lannister will be sitting on the throne in the end. Jon and Dany will save the world, but Jaimie will end up on top. He will be an excellent ruler with Brienne as Queen.

I like this idea. I feel like there's a slight chance of this happening. Jaime was once found sitting on the Iron Throne. That could be considered a bit of foreshadowing. 

King Aegon VI and Queen Sansa

·         King’s Guard

o   Lord Commander Sandor Clegane

o   Brienne of Tarth

o   Loras Tyrell

o   Harold Hardyng

o   Daemon Sand

o   The Blackfish

o   Theodan Wells

·         Hand of the King: Littlefinger

·         Grandmaester Marwyn

The North: Rickon Stark and Wylla Manderly

The Riverlands: Edmure Tully and Rosilin Frey

The Vale: Robert Arryn and Mya Stone

The Westerlands: Tyrion Lannister and Tysha

The Stormlands: Shireen Baratheon and Edric Storm

The Reach: Willas Tyrell and ???

Dorne: Arianne Martell and DarkStar

Jon unites the Watch and Wildlings.  Makes a truce with the White Walkers. He will come South briefly to reenact the Hour of the Wolf. He returns to the Far North with the walkers.

Dany dies in her invasion of Westeros in a blaze of glory.

Bran becomes the new Greenseer.

Arya dies and wargs into Nymeria to live on as wolf.

Plenty of crackpot here so enjoy.

This is my (not so secret) wish.

Aegon VI will be the king after its all said and done.

Dany will die a horrible death at the hands of her own decisions. Jon is already dead and will cease to exist when magic dies in the world again and the waxing and waning of the erratic seasons are solved.

Bittersweet. Blackfyre takes the throne posing as a Targaryen.

Upon first read, I thought ASOIAF was leading to some sort of modernization for Planetos, but now, I doubt it.

Although it would be bittersweet to go from the medieval setting to some version of a Renaissance. The 16th and 17th centuries were totally bloodsoaked for Europe because of religious wars. I'd love to see Westeros dealing with an anarchy in the epilogue, while the Free Cities get to enjoy their equivalent of Michelangelo and da Vinci.

FORZA ITALIA

I would actually love this ending. The Bravosi are by far the best opition for their world. Doesn't qarth have to fall since it's suppose to be Constantinople=Qarth and we still yet have anything thats near the turks.

I am thinking there will not be an Iron Throne nor Seven Kingdoms as a whole in the end. My bittersweet ending has sweet in humanity surviving, barely and dreaming of spring. Crack pot if there ever was one, of course, but somehow I believe the story is about the devastation that politics and power struggles cause, our astonishing ability to ignore larger issues and in the end I think the story is about a change of an era. Why have such huge things in the past - The Long night, erecting of the wall etc. and then write seven books about some petty lords? :)

This was already contradicted at the Emmy panel of 2013 by GRRM himself. He said that there'd still be an IT and that he knew who'd sit it.

Hightowers, because they are sneaky bastards. But the North-Riverlands, Iron Islands and Dorne seceded, with Stark, Harlaw and Martell. Principality of the Mountains of Dorne, under Prince of the Torrentine Ned Dayne, will be a vassal state to Dorne. Also, Renaissance, led by the Braavosi.

Dothraki can be your Turk hordes.

I wish the turks had some great generals,leaders and administrators,wore armour,used tactics beyond charge and used sone innovative technology.

While the dothraki use curved sword have disdain for armour and medicine think light horse with swords should charge a spear wall and kill each other at weddings over who gets to rape the slave fitst.

Dothraki can be your Turk hordes.

Their Mongolian supposedly. The turks were more than that. Trying to fix a lawnmower or I would go more into it

An amalgamation of Huns, Mongols and various Amerindian Horse tribes, I think they also owe something to some of the writings of Robert E Howard, they always struck me as something that would fit right into a Conan the Barbarian story.

Lannisters

King Jaime Lannister after Tommen and Myrcella die and Cersei is killed.

OR

Baratheons

King Stannis Baratheon
after support of the North,Riverlands,Vale and half of Stormlands

OR

Faith

King Lancel "holly" Lannister
High sparow tooks over whole kingdom but dies. And names new king

OR

Greyjoys

King Theon Greyjoy
Others take half of Westeros killing many but they are pushed back. Iron islands cause on sea undamaged invade and conquer Westeros.

OR

NO TARGERYANS EVER AGAIN

This was already contradicted at the Emmy panel of 2013 by GRRM himself. He said that there'd still be an IT and that he knew who'd sit it.

Wasn't there an iron throne before Torrhen bent the knee? Could his statement be open to the interpretation of an independent north, or was it pretty clear he meant all seven kingdoms?

ETA:
I don't know what I think will happen, but I know what I want to happen. I want Cersei to be dead. I want Jaime to be completely redeemed. I want Brienne to find some friggin respect and love in the world. I wish Tommen could survive, though I'm sure with the prophecy of the golden shrouds that isn't happening. I want Ramsey to meet a bloody end. I want Jorah to be reconciled to the memory of his father, possibly joining the nights watch. Honestly I could be satisfied with several people on the iron throne--I seem to be more vested in the side stories, lol.

Archived