who is the better woman Jamie promised Bronn?

Grail King

I'm not complaining, you asked a basic question, I answered AND those examples could be done by the original characters, not hard saying those words, Sansa could have said hers either to Myranda, or to herself overlooking Moat Calin, the Hound could have told his story to Sansa during the room scene at the Battle of Blackwater and Ned could had said when the laughter died while surviving the spear in the leg or prison scene, they were just words no special effects needed.

Absolutely !  I hear ya.

There's a story to be told here. A pretty good one, in my opinion.

While the book writer apparently has writer's block, the tv guys (who the book writer sold the story to) are making tough choices in a timely fashion.

I'd suggest you go into tv or movie production.

Then complain about that.

It's very, Very difficult to translate a book to the screen.

The people in charge have to have decisions.  Sometimes, difficult ones.

Yep, and Dorne shows just how hard those decisions were. Do they decide to do a faithful adaptation, with "Justice and Veangeance, Fire and Blood!" -- or do we have slap fights and "bad pussy" and crazy Ellaria talking about killing little girls ... 

Sigh. No, this is not about knowing how hard a profession is. I have a pretty good idea that being a master chef is a difficult task, but if someone serves me crap, I will call them out on it.  And what we got in Season 5 was a steaming pile. 

I'd suggest you go into tv or movie production.

Then complain about that.

It's very, Very difficult to translate a book to the screen.

The people in charge have to have decisions.  Sometimes, difficult ones.

How silly argument. And how common. "You don't do TV, so, shut the fuck up".

It's difficult to build a space probe. It's difficult to send one through space to Pluto. It's difficult to make such probe send info back to earth.

Yet, here we are. I cannot send a probe to Pluto but that doesn't mean I can't criticise someone who tries and fails either. We cannot do it, but some people, professional capable people, do it right

There are hundreds of books who are poorly translated from paper to screen, but many others are amazingly done. Don't confuse something that takes work with being hard to do.

It's difficult to build a space probe. It's difficult to send one through space to Pluto. It's difficult to make such probe send info back to earth.

Yet, here we are. I cannot send a probe to Pluto but that doesn't mean I can't criticise someone who tries and fails either. We cannot do it, but some people, professional capable people, do it right

There are hundreds of books who are poorly translated from paper to screen, but many others are amazingly done. Don't confuse something that takes work with being hard to do.

It is a bad argument, but its usually pulled out in defense against those who decisions without being able to look at the big picture of why those decisions were made. Most of the rant thread is full of people who seem completely unaware of the bigger picture of how shows are produced, instead think its a bunch of guys sitting around planning on how to troll members of ASOIF. 

^ My complaint is, that the writers seem to write like LF is somebody's DADDY or someone's friend he is neither he's a cold calculating evil person and giving him other characters lines is a disservice to the other characters and a disservice to the LF character.

I can understand reasons ( though poorly planned out ) on merging characters  sometimes moving them ( though I may not like it ) but giving the lines from the POV's or people associated with them to someone who is trying to destroy his world just because of esteem issues is sad.

^ My complaint is, that the writers seem to write like LF is somebody's DADDY or someone's friend he is neither he's a cold calculating evil person and giving him other characters lines is a disservice to the other characters and a disservice to the LF character.

I can understand reasons ( though poorly planned out ) on merging characters  sometimes moving them ( though I may not like it ) but giving the lines from the POV's or people associated with them to someone who is trying to destroy his world just because of esteem issues is sad.

Are you serious?

Are you serious?

when you give an evil character like LF, the words of Sansa, Ned, or the Hound to say yes, they make him somewhat awwww he cares, which they know we know he doesn't, give the words to the proper character or a character closely associated with that person.

He's not evil enough in my view, if you think that I think they are writing his character as a good guy no I don't, it's the words they put in his mouth that I'm upset with.

And what he said to Sansa is exactly what a father, mother or friend would say to her, he is neither .

I don't thin anyone else could have said it in the show because all the other people who could have been there are dead or not important enough. Season 1 when Ned was still alive, would have been too soon because the reveal will probably come in season 6.

And I still think that Littlefinger is evil, he's just good in manipulating people.

when you give an evil character like LF, the words of Sansa, Ned, or the Hound to say yes, they make him somewhat awwww he cares, which they know we know he doesn't, give the words to the proper character or a character closely associated with that person.

He's not evil enough in my view, if you think that I think they are writing his character as a good guy no I don't, it's the words they put in his mouth that I'm upset with.

And what he said to Sansa is exactly what a father, mother or friend would say to her, he is neither .

Of course he isn't but how would you expect him to talk to her? And just because he talks to her like that doesn't mean the viewers actually think he is being sincere. Most viewers I would say know exactly what he is which a slimy evil basted who will do anything and use anyone to get as much power as he can.

Of course he isn't but how would you expect him to talk to her? And just because he talks to her like that doesn't mean the viewers actually think he is being sincere. Most viewers I would say know exactly what he is which a slimy evil basted who will do anything and use anyone to get as much power as he can.

And they could just as easily have Sansa say them to herself with just the viewer to hear, to show she knows who she is and what he is; though Sophie IS doing a great job of it in her acting and body language.

it's just my pet peeve.

I think it will be someone like Talla Tarly, Bronn would have to get Lord Randyll and his son Dickon out of the way but I am sure he can manage that. From what Sam has said about his father, I would enjoy seeing him die.

Interesting, Tarly have to betray the Tyrells first then Bronn have to swear his sword to  Tarly to get close enough to do that.

Yep, and Dorne shows just how hard those decisions were. Do they decide to do a faithful adaptation, with "Justice and Veangeance, Fire and Blood!" -- or do we have slap fights and "bad pussy" and crazy Ellaria talking about killing little girls ... 

Sigh. No, this is not about knowing how hard a profession is. I have a pretty good idea that being a master chef is a difficult task, but if someone serves me crap, I will call them out on it.  And what we got in Season 5 was a steaming pile. 

JonCon - See TepidHands post.

I do not agree with him/her, but at least he/she knows how to argue.

Martin has written a wonderful world, full of thousands of intricacies.

Some of them have to be modified.  Or dumped.

I didn't much care for the Dorne stuff last season, btw.

It'll be a Frey.  Bronn will assume Devan Lannister's role, and Jaime will help whoever becomes LSH to get revenge against the Freys.

What's the odds that Bronn will survive such a wedding?

Instead of pulling a Blackfish, Bronn will probably slip off with a bridesmaid, and return to see the aftermath. 

Upon seeing Bronn, Jaime, "Lucky bastard...."

It'll be a Frey.  Bronn will assume Devan Lannister's role, and Jaime will help whoever becomes LSH to get revenge against the Freys.

What's the odds that Bronn will survive such a wedding?

Instead of pulling a Blackfish, Bronn will probably slip off with a bridesmaid, and return to see the aftermath. 

Upon seeing Bronn, Jaime, "Lucky bastard...."

Since the Riverlands are back and Bronn is now Jaime's best buddy, I see them headed there. Also what is funny, Gatehouse Amei marries a sellsword as her first husband who challenged the Mountain to a duel as he thought it would make him famous but of course was cut in half. Just saying. An Ungregor vs Bronn match would be interesting however the Hound is more poetic.

Since the Riverlands are back and Bronn is now Jaime's best buddy, I see them headed there. Also what is funny, Gatehouse Amei marries a sellsword as her first husband who challenged the Mountain to a duel as he thought it would make him famous but of course was cut in half. Just saying. An Ungregor vs Bronn match would be interesting however the Hound is more poetic.

Bronn's future has nothing to do with Gregor IMO. It does, show and books, have something to do with the brewing fight for supremacy in the Riverlands and Crownlands.

I rather hate the idea of Amerei and think it is unlikely. She is not even in the show first of all. Second, if they wanted her in the show, having her married to Lancel the zealot who wouldn't touch her was a better story.

I really think it would either be Roslin Frey or a Lannister or high up bannerman's daughter of the Lannisters that Bronn was offered. Or even Cersei herself, since Jamie has repeatedly said he doesn't want to be Lord of Casterly Rock, Tyrion is bannished and now Jamie hates him, making Cersei the Lady of the Rock and any husband of hers the acting Lord. Jamie well knows that Bronn doesn't much care about sexual loyalty from his spouse, he just wants to move up in the world. As far as foil husbands go he is the perfect choice for Jamie and Cersei if they wanted to go that route. Under this plan, Bronn would go to Casterly Rock to take care of business while Cersei would stay in the capital with her son (and Jamie) anyway.

If Roslin, the plan would clearly be to have Edmure executed for treason first obviously. Though that would beg the question why they waited so long.

As for Lannister bannermen's daughters or anyone else...noone has really been introduced in the show so hard to speculate.

Archived