Rant & Rave without repercussion S 5 continued [book spoilers]

kissdbyfire

The Tower of Joy provides the winning formula; sex and boobs! 

The love shack. But will they show even that? It's consensual sex, after all. Boring...

And it would be ironic if in the building named for a big happy penis, no penis was shown.

The love shack. But will they show even that? It's consensual sex, after all. Boring...

And it would be ironic if in the building named for a big happy penis, no penis was shown.

OK, Lyanna is the cheerleader who leaves the humble, hammer wielding nice guy for the harp playing hippy.  The hippy who steals her and leaves her with child, not something the nice guy would do.  Poor Bob B, treated so, so poorly by the cheerleader.   >sob<

OK, Lyanna is the cheerleader who leaves the humble, hammer wielding nice guy for the harp playing hippy.  The hippy who steals her and leaves her with child, not something the nice guy would do.  Poor Bob B, treated so, so poorly by the cheerleader.   >sob<

So Lyanna is the cheerleader, and Robert is the jock. Everything would have been fine if she just knew her place. But no...

She had to go and leave him for the the harp playing hippy. She becomes a hippy, too. And they have free love and a love child.

But the jock just can't let it go. He has to ruin everything!

(Where does Ned fit in here. The water boy?)

So Lyanna is the cheerleader, and Robert is the jock. Everything would have been fine if she just knew her place. But no...

She had to go and leave him for the the harp playing hippy. She becomes a hippy, too. And they have free love and a love child.

But the jock just can't let it go. He has to ruin everything!

(Where does Ned fit in here...)

The plucky older brother, sticking up for his bestie by finding his wayward sister and bringing her home.  Only to discover as shocking truth.....his sis loved the dirty hippy and hated the dumb jock! 

Oh noes!  

The plucky older brother, sticking up for his bestie by finding his wayward sister and bringing her home.  Only to discover as shocking truth.....his sis loved the dirty hippy and hated the dumb jock! 

Oh noes!  

How could she not want the jock? He's muscled like a maiden's dream. It must be a mistake.

Ned will find her pregnant and barefoot. In the kitchen.

But she was happy. Because the hippy gave her good love. Until the the jock killed him!

And now there's just their love child. And her repentant brother. Who still loves the jock.

I'm actually fearing that they will indeed portray Rhaegar as a hippie. With a crown of flowers (that won't go to Lyanna because that's too girly). He will sing on the streets of King's Landing, with the crown cheering for his songs... until he squats during a performance, breaks his pants and we see his dragon fly.

(which I won't object if Hemsworth plays him, thank you).

I'm actually fearing that they will indeed portray Rhaegar as a hippie. With a crown of flowers (that won't go to Lyanna because that's too girly). He will sing on the streets of King's Landing, with the crown cheering for his songs... until he squats during a performance, breaks his pants and we see his dragon fly.

God I would really be looking forward to Robert killing him if they went that route

I was mulling over the sex in GoT compared to shows like Spartacus and Outlander and I realised (apologies if this is a dead pony!), that while the latter 2 focus more on the chemistry between characters and portray sex as sensual, freeing and intimate (as well as violent and brutal in some cases), GoT hardly ever actually shows couples engaging in anything similar. Apart from 1 Dany/Drogo scene (where she 'changes the game') and 2 Robb/Talisa scenes, all their scenes show naked women, usually prostitutes. They flaunt themselves around fully clothed men, more often than not. 

And that's fucking weird. In a show like Spartacus, where slavery and brutality and savagery is the basic premise, we have many scenes featuring many kinds of sex beyond the transactional or the slave/master thing; we have loving couples among slaves (Crixus/Naevia, Gannicus/Saxa, Spartacus/Sura, Agron/Nasir) and masters (Batiatus/Lucretia, Glaba/Illythia). People keep dismissing Spartacus (fools!), failing to grasp the nuance and complexity it had: full frontal for men and women alike, an insightful examination into the power of sex (see Crixus being 'raped' by Lucretia, Spartacus and Illythia duped into having sex), a sensitive and realistic depiction of gay couples (Agron/Nasir) and many other brilliant aspects. 

Outlander is already famous for the way it handles romance and sex, the respect it gives its female protagonist and so on. 

Hell, look at the villains in these shows: 

On the one hand, we have Ramsay. On the other, we have a genuinely terrifying antagonist like Jack Randall: watching him is taking a trip into his devious, complicated mind. 

And then we have amazing, epic characters like Batiatus and Lucretia: evil, power hungry, yet bound by love, fiercely loyal and protective of each other... showing the humanity of a 'villain' is what makes her compelling. 

This show has degenerated into a lazy parody of itself. A show like Hannibal, that is now being cancelled, is heads and shoulders above GoT in terms of writing, plotting, acting, and everything else I can think of. And it doesn't have a fraction of GoT's budget or popularity. 

Bitter! 

I was mulling over the sex in GoT compared to shows like Spartacus and Outlander and I realised (apologies if this is a dead pony!), that while the latter 2 focus more on the chemistry between characters and portray sex as sensual, freeing and intimate (as well as violent and brutal in some cases), GoT hardly ever actually shows couples engaging in anything similar. Apart from 1 Dany/Drogo scene (where she 'changes the game') and 2 Robb/Talisa scenes, all their scenes show naked women, usually prostitutes. They flaunt themselves around fully clothed men, more often than not. 

And that's fucking weird. In a show like Spartacus, where slavery and brutality and savagery is the basic premise, we have many scenes featuring many kinds of sex beyond the transactional or the slave/master thing; we have loving couples among slaves (Crixus/Naevia, Gannicus/Saxa, Spartacus/Sura, Agron/Nasir) and masters (Batiatus/Lucretia, Glaba/Illythia). People keep dismissing Spartacus (fools!), failing to grasp the nuance and complexity it had: full frontal for men and women alike, an insightful examination into the power of sex (see Crixus being 'raped' by Lucretia, Spartacus and Illythia duped into having sex), a sensitive and realistic depiction of gay couples (Agron/Nasir) and many other brilliant aspects. 

Outlander is already famous for the way it handles romance and sex, the respect it gives its female protagonist and so on. 

On the one hand, we have Ramsay. On the other, we have a genuinely terrifying antagonist like Jack Randall: watching him is taking a trip into his devious, complicated mind. 

And then we have amazing, epic characters like Batiatus and Lucretia: evil, power hungry, yet bound by love, fiercely loyal and protective of each other... showing the humanity of a 'villain' is what makes her compelling. 

This show has degenerated into a lazy parody of itself. A show like Hannibal, that is now being cancelled, is heads and shoulders above GoT in terms of writing, plotting, acting, and everything else I can think of. And it doesn't have a fraction of GoT's budget or popularity. 

Bitter! 

I agree!

Apart from 1 Dany/Drogo scene (where she 'changes the game') and 2 Robb/Talisa scenes, all their scenes show naked women, usually prostitutes. They flaunt themselves around fully clothed men, more often than not.

Actually, Robb/Talisa was very exploitative. They were more focused on Onna Chaplin's butt than on their own relationship. Their scenes were more like "let's see how much of her naked body we can show to prove Robb got the hots for her so the audience can excuse the fact he fucked his alliance with the Freys and fucked up the North".

Bitter! 

This. All of this.

I am so bitter about Hannibal's cancellation in the face of GoT's seventy million Emmy noms. Bad pussy gets lauded and genuinely brilliant tv gets cancelled.

Yep, this is the last season, sadly. And it's been the best yet imo. 

There was talk of Amazon picking it up but it came to naught. Also, Bryan Fuller is now involved in American Gods (I would wish we could switch producers around so we get him, but then D&D would go ruin another good book). 

Archived