Rant & Rave without repercussion S 5 continued [book spoilers]

kissdbyfire

Perhaps Elia insisted that she and Rhaegar live in a brothel, she was from Dorne, after all.       :rolleyes:

LOLOLOL  Thanks, I did need a good laugh.  Hey, living too close to Put Upon Carol would bother me too, but Oberyn taking up residence at THE brothel was ridiculous.  Maybe that;s the real reason the Faith Taliban destroyed it.  They're really book purists, too?    :smug:

Perhaps Elia insisted that she and Rhaegar live in a brothel, she was from Dorne, after all.       :rolleyes:

And that's where Rhaeger meets Lyanna. In a brothel.

Littlefinger is "just a boy" but he's already got a brothel in Dorne. "Make him yours."

He's the center of the whole story, right?

LOLOLOL  Thanks, I did need a good laugh.  Hey, living too close to Put Upon Carol would bother me too, but Oberyn taking up residence at THE brothel was ridiculous.  Maybe that;s the real reason the Faith Taliban destroyed it.  They're really book purists, too?    :smug:

Bwahahaha!   You must be correct!  No wonder they're shown in such a bad light.  :lol:

I fear you're absolutely right, but it can be done. It's being done with "Outlander": Claire loves Frank and loves Jamie, and marries both. There's a lot of hocus-pocus in there to make it happen, but her heart IS conflicted, and it's handled with taste and care by the writers, the directors, and the actors. But with this batch of writers and directors (not gonna blame the actors here) it's like comparing these:

That's how it starts, then her heart belongs to Jamie. And they do handle that well.

Rhaegar's heart belongs to Lyanna.

Just dropping this here, from the app:

Elia's section:

"Elia and Rhaegar's relations were amiable, but it was not a love match."

Rhaegar's section:

"He would die with Lyanna's name on his lips."

And that's where Rhaeger meets Lyanna. In a brothel.

Littlefinger is "just a boy" but he's already got a brothel in Dorne. "Make him yours."

He's the center of the whole story, right?

He does have to share center stage with St. Tyrion, but otherwise, yes, LF is the center.

"Hey Rhaegar, why don't we invite some of your friends over?"  :lol:

"'But not that Bobby Baratheon, he gets drunk and smashes things then tries to feel up all the girls!"

They love focusing on the male point of view, let's see the early days of Nedbert play out on screen.

Yes, yes, the straight laced Ned, the second son of the North's most powerful family, paling around with Robert, the rowdy handsome heir of Storm's End.  Oh their adventures!  The scrapes they get into and out of, and of course, Robert 'making the eight!'  

Gee, who wouldn't want to see that?   :frown5:

Game of Thrones Guide to armoring yourself according to the logic of D&D

Helmetless: Makes you an overpowered whirlwind of death and destruction and giving you the ability to run through flaming arrows and survive boulder drops at point blank range. Also allows you to solo vanguard several thousand heavy cavalry units without a scratch. Downside to helmetless is that your army apparently becomes blind, deaf and dumb making them incapable of performing the most basic military tasks.

Shirtless: Gives you ridiculously nonsensical plot armor while also giving a score of your men the same ridiculous plot armor. Downside here is that one needs to be a huge pile of shit who kicks puppies and rapes little girls for kicks and giggles in order for it to work and your mistress will end up doing illogical shit such as attempting to kill your only key to the North while you are away. 

Full nude with only fists as weapons: So ridiculous, illogical and of course overpowered that previous season budgets have not been able to fund the feats that could be accomplished when a character is unarmed and naked. Probably will be shown in season 7 or 8. 

There are a lot of questions about Lyanna and Rheagar and in particular, the erruption of events after the "abduction" or "elopement" if you will. Did Lyanna know what happened to her brother and father and several nobles who were their companions? Did she care? Did Rheagar. If they were in love, fine but were there any regrets or atleast heartbreak for the trouble that was caused. Lyanna almost had her family wiped out but did she give a fig? Those are some of the questions i want answered.

These are questions I have as well. But at the same time, I almost don't want to know the answers.

Yes, yes, the straight laced Ned, the second son of the North's most powerful family, paling around with Robert, the rowdy handsome heir of Storm's End.  Oh their adventures!  The scrapes they get into and out of, and of course, Robert 'making the eight!'  

Gee, who wouldn't want to see that?   :frown5:

Interesting. I bet they will come back to it. And Renly was all indignant, when in the books, he wanted Robert to marry Margaery, telling him she's 14 and looks like Lyanna.

Any news on who is Ian McShane going to play?

On Lyanna and Rhaegar, maybe they'll escape the butchery we've all come to expect of all things GoT? I mean, how much time (and butchery) can they inflict on these characters?

I mean, we're all being hyperbolic to joke around (to some extent...).

But what I'm saying is, if Rhaegar and Elia were introduced through a threesome with Arthur Dayne in Littlefinger's brothel, I wouldn't bat an eyelash.

(And if you're wondering how could Littlefinger own a brothel back then, just remember: Littlefinger's brothel is eternal, everlasting and constant. It's the most important landmark in King's Landing.)

They already fucked up Rhaegar with just mentioning him.

Oh I know, that whole stupid thing with him playing harp around KL disguised as a minstrel and getting drunk afterwards was beyond ridiculous. But still, realistically, L & R won't have that much screen time, therefore they won't be able to butcher them too much. 

(Hey, I'm hanging onto a minuscule hope here... and I can keep that hope alive for a while longer... until s 6 airs!) 

On Lyanna and Rhaegar, maybe they'll escape the butchery we've all come to expect of all things GoT? I mean, how much time (and butchery) can they inflict on these characters?

It'll be like Troy and R+L run off in secret and live happily ever after in Pentos, their story having absolutely nothing to do with Jon Snow. 

Archived