TTTNE 457: Late Summer at Casterly Rock--Travels and Hugos and School OH MY!

DreamSongs

Fool's Quest is today? :O Oh well, so I did not manage to catch up until now. I have barely started Fool's Assassin. I wonder when the new one comes out in cheap paperback then.

I have become such a slow reader in the past few years. I only read two books (actually one one whole) at sea this year. They were both quite long, and we were at sea less than two weeks, but still - years ago I could read much more.

I've not read J.K Rowling's non-HP stuff. I've heard that the Casual Vacancy is quite bleak though (as in the content, not that it isn't good)

Yes, it is indeed very bleak and depressing.

Also almost all of the characters are pretty horrible humans.

Buck, if you love your field you will find work in it, don't worry. It matters so much whether you are passionate about it or not. If you love and we all know you do, you will surely find a job in the same area you love just as much. Well, the seaside is always good. okay that's an overstatement. I don't even remember what the row was about, I just remember being so upset I went back to the hotel and had three Cuba Libres. The bartender was a lovely dude, he gave me a snack bowl with the second and third one. Might have had something to do with the tips I gave too, but I appreciated the gesture a lot. Those snack bowls made me feel like at least someone (this lovely bartender) cared about me. Oh memories... *clears throat*
I never go to libraries anymore :blush:

Thanks. I hope I will find something I like doing and will pay me enough to live and maybe even move out of my parents' once. And meet the lot of you, of course. :love:

We do not stay at a hotel at sea. There is a small beach bar, but I am pretty sure they do not have cocktails there. I usually just buy ice cream there, and water to drink. Mostly that thing that we mockingly call "coloured water" - the one with fruit flavour. :P This year they started selling pancakes, so I had those a few times for dinner! Yum. And it is amazing to swim in the evening, when you can see all the stars and there are little people on the beach anymore and the sea sparkles when you stir the water and you touch those planctons or whatever they are.

(Yes, I really like the sea.)

Are you at home yet, or still in the hospital?

What the heck is TTTNE doing on page 2?  We're all fired!

That is outrageous indeed. The summer draught is horrible, the last thread lasted about a month!

Fool's Quest is today? :o Oh well, so I did not manage to catch up until now. I have barely started Fool's Assassin. I wonder when the new one comes out in cheap paperback then.

I'm storming through it, yes. In the U.S it was released on Tuesday *shakes fist angrily at Publishers* I'm enjoying it so far.

Also, I have good news.

[spoiler]

SEARCH IS BACK! :COMMIE: :COMMIE: :D

[/SPOILER]

Morning spam!  Missed a lot of things going around here. Hi Lany, Gilio, good to see you again :cheers:

A k! You're back, you were missed!

Hello Adara! Glad to see you :cheers:

Thanks. :) Honestly, not really. I mean the first job happiness hit me a couple times and I did get some I'm-so-grown-up vibes but the reality is that this job alone isn't enough to afford myself. Admittedly, I'm quite reluctant to lower my living standard to this pay. The reason why I took it is because I need some substantial work experience for when I graduate and get a full time job and become financially independent (this is part time because I have school from September). it also helps to wean myself back onto a normal daily routine and learn some financial responsibility.
It also comes with lots of musing about how absolutely horrible my country's economy is on every level, but I will spare the details so I won't bore you to death
Sorry about the friends who left. You can still keep in touch though and they get to have many great experiences abroad and at MBA

Yes RhaeB, I'm keeping touch but it's not the same. And I thought you graduated already, but it is not the case. Hmm, part time job then. Enjoy :)

Meh...I called in sick.  I just have to survive this weekend with my toxic night shift coworkers and then I am on vacation.  Then I can learn to live like a normal human being again even if I have to deal with 'day' people.

Funny how another year older can change your mind.  This time last year, I couldn't wait to get back to night shift.  I thought that I had hardened myself to those toxic people, but I was wrong.  They stayed toxic and came 'cTlHoIsSe' to breaking me.  Screw them...I am 15-20 years away from retirement and I can absorb the loss of several hundred dollars a month with planning.  The money isn't worth my sanity or the lost time with my folks.

Its a beautiful day TTTNE!    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=co6WMzDOh1o

Bex! :cheers:  Toxic people are quite common at workplaces. I've become quite accustomed to them. I've found being happy and smiling pleasantly for no reason burns them from the inside, so I regularly do it, now even unconsciously :cool4:

snip

Sounds like a very nice summer Buck. Welcome back.

I've not been so excited to hear an opinion on books since The Lies of Lock Lamora!

As for Blood of Dragons, well. yeah. agreed.

Fool's Quest comes out tomorrow! I have it pre-ordered for a midnight download. Do no expect me to surface tomorrow

I've not read J.K Rowling's non-HP stuff. I've heard that the Casual Vacancy is quite bleak though (as in the content, not that it isn't good)

Bex, glad you are getting off Night shift.

Delilah!

Locke Lemora was great. First Law (Blade itself) was even better.

About JKR post HP, Casual Vacancy was a great book to read. Enjoyed it very much. At some places it felt a little forced, like she was adding adult stuff just to ensure that people notice she is writing an adult novel. Cuckoo's Calling is great too. Silkworm is just tepid rainwater making tap tap sounds falling from the eaves.

See y'all

Thanks AK.  I'm really looking forward to this weekend; its the last on nights.  From now on, I'll only have to deal with them during report instead of the entire 12 hours.  I used to just do the smile thing, but I've been reduced to just clenching my teeth.

:commie:

Sounds like a very nice summer Buck. Welcome back.

About JKR post HP, Casual Vacancy was a great book to read. Enjoyed it very much. At some places it felt a little forced, like she was adding adult stuff just to ensure that people notice she is writing an adult novel. Cuckoo's Calling is great too. Silkworm is just tepid rainwater making tap tap sounds falling from the eaves.

Not really (started out very promising, but since then it has mainly been very sad or just boring). But thanks. :P

Interesting about Casual Vacancy. Maybe you are right about a few things. But maybe it just feels like that because we are used reading HP from her. :read:

Trying to go to sleep.  But here's a morning [_]P for you!

btw...great song. I didn't realize he also sang.

Thank you. <hugs you again> =o)

Oh, yes, he does. "Dinard" is really fine. And the EPs before this album.

I might have to download 'Dinard' to the IPod.  He has a really raw voice that you don't hear very often anymore.

eta:  This is terrific...  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RF2B5emuA-8

It's also from "Dinard". ;o)

I wish he'd come to my place and do a club concert. Nothing big.

Maybe he will, after he gets killed of in Season 6 or 7 :devil:

[spoiler]I think Ramsay will die early in Season 6. They practically set it all up when they focused on Pod's axe and him and his retainer.[/spoiler]

Buckwheat, I'm pretty sure you'll have all that and soon :)
So where do you stay? With relatives or you have a weekend house there? Must be awesome, because you get to go Whenever you want.
I only spent one night at the clinic, I've been at my parents' house since then.

AK, I know, but still better than nothing. :( will your friend who left move back to the country? I only graduated Bsc. Still have a year or so left of Msc.

It's still extremly hot. HRH Sister went shopping yesterday. She got a ridiculous amount of completely unnecessary stuff. But that's none of my business. They also got a new doormat for Prince William. He tested it out last night and seemed to approve of it.

Archived