TTTNE 457: Late Summer at Casterly Rock--Travels and Hugos and School OH MY!

DreamSongs

Leaving Italy early tomorrow morning :crying: Had a very good time.

First! I hope you see this
Stroopwafels :drool: :drool: :drool: 
 Love this guy for step 1.

Stroopwafels are delicious :D I don't eat them often enough.

Sorry to hear that you've been to hospital too. Hope they sort out the problem and soon.
:cheers:
Yeah, it was a pretty decent summer. I could do with more decent weather but other than that no complaints. ehhh, well I guess I too will reach a point in my life when I'll look back on uni years with a smile.

Glad it was decent. Sorry to hear about the hospital stay though.

How do you think I feel? My post awoke the slumbering Bex and brought us to that-which-must-not-be-named...while I was walking the dog :crying: Boo for me.

My summer story?

Reading
Walking the dog
Spain
Reading
Reading
More dog walking
More reading
Aberdeen
More reading
Even more reading
Even more reading
More dog walking
A bit more reading.

Wild child here.

Sounds like a good summer to me [emoji14]

I read far less books than planned but at least I finished Mad Ship, which was terrific.

Greetings my lovelies!  :kiss:

I am happy for the weekend, but we will still be busy..have to shop for b-day gifts for a 14 yr old girl (the same one that came with us to see Jurassic Park--kids have been friends since pre-school), then take Alex to her house for a party and on Sunday it is the karate family picnic.  the fun never ends :P

And I have fallen behind on Alex's school stuff *sigh*  but I will work on it while he is at the party.  It is just much harder to do at night after dinner when I am tired.  He has a couple of pages of details for his wild card story and we will start writing it this weekend (like first thing each morning, so we don't forget or get distracted)  I made him look up a bunch of information that is background for the story (like real writers have to do)  

Greetings my lovelies!   :kiss:

I am happy for the weekend, but we will still be busy..have to shop for b-day gifts for a 14 yr old girl (the same one that came with us to see Jurassic Park--kids have been friends since pre-school), then take Alex to her house for a party and on Sunday it is the karate family picnic.  the fun never ends :P

And I have fallen behind on Alex's school stuff *sigh*  but I will work on it while he is at the party.  It is just much harder to do at night after dinner when I am tired.  He has a couple of pages of details for his wild card story and we will start writing it this weekend (like first thing each morning, so we don't forget or get distracted)  I made him look up a bunch of information that is background for the story (like real writers have to do)  

That sounds lovely, Lany! :kiss:

And give Alex my regards - I feel him. I mean looking up and researching stuff. For a story.

Buckwheat, I'm pretty sure you'll have all that and soon :)
So where do you stay? With relatives or you have a weekend house there? Must be awesome, because you get to go Whenever you want.
I only spent one night at the clinic, I've been at my parents' house since then.

It's still extremly hot. HRH Sister went shopping yesterday. She got a ridiculous amount of completely unnecessary stuff. But that's none of my business. They also got a new doormat for Prince William. He tested it out last night and seemed to approve of it.

A family member has a weekend house there. Well obviously we cannot go there whenever we want because there are other relatives with whom we share and we need to coordinate. ;) It is pretty cool to be able to have a place that feels like home at sea too, but this year it has gotten annoying to be with the family all the time. I guess living away for a short while does that to you? :dunno: The place is pretty small, so there is no place to go to be alone really.

It is so funny that you refer to her as HRH Sister. :rofl: I have not gone shopping for unnecessary stuff for some time now.

A family member has a weekend house there. Well obviously we cannot go there whenever we want because there are other relatives with whom we share and we need to coordinate. ;) It is pretty cool to be able to have a place that feels like home at sea too, but this year it has gotten annoying to be with the family all the time. I guess living away for a short while does that to you? :dunno: The place is pretty small, so there is no place to go to be alone really.

It is so funny that you refer to her as HRH Sister. :rofl: I have not gone shopping for unnecessary stuff for some time now.

That sounds really cool though. That you have a place by the sea. Well, for me it was the other way around. I was really annoyed with my family during high school when I still lived with them. And since I moved out and live alone I always love visiting for the weekend or Holidays or in the summer and they rarely annoy me anymore.

Well she tends to act like a HRH :lol: she's moving to a dorm in September and she 'needs' tons of stuff you know. Has yet to get school supplies and clothes and I'm sure she'll think of a couple more things.

I finished school back in May, so I've just been doing a lot of vacationing and traveling. How've you been?

That sounds like a lot of fun LITA!  Me?  Just hanging out trying to evolve from carefree, career-oriented single person to family-focused, career-oriented single person.  Some days go better than others.

That sounds really cool though. That you have a place by the sea. Well, for me it was the other way around. I was really annoyed with my family during high school when I still lived with them. And since I moved out and live alone I always love visiting for the weekend or Holidays or in the summer and they rarely annoy me anymore.

Well she tends to act like a HRH :lol: she's moving to a dorm in September and she 'needs' tons of stuff you know. Has yet to get school supplies and clothes and I'm sure she'll think of a couple more things.

Is she that old now?   :o  And she'll probably think of more than a couple of things.  Cheer up...you get to laugh because you KNOW the reality check is coming!  It is your reward for being the older sibling :D

Archived