Danaerys forming an alliance with house Bolton

Voramir Glover

so this is hypotethical future development analysis which needs two requirements.

1. house bolton defeating stannis baratheon

2. daenarys targaryen invading in the south of westeros and declaring war to house baratheon of kings landing. 

assumed daenarys is able to conquer the majority of the south (thanks to varys), what would she do to retake the north and which next move would lord bolton make?

my answer:

she will name him warden of the north if roose bolton swears fealty to her. because

1. roose bolton killed robb stark. the starks are dogs of the usurper in the eyes of dany.

2. roose bolton defeated stannis baratheon. who is the brother of the usurper and her biggest threat and enemy.

for roose there is no difference if tommen is ruling the south or daenarys so he will accept her conditions.

But wasn't Roose an active supporter of Ned Stark's campaign against her father?

If I recall correctly, Roose was the one who suggested that Barristan should have been executed after RR?

I doubt that Dany will be glad to find how exactly Roose killed Robb.

Then again, if Dany finds herself in an absolutely desperate position and if she is unaware of Roose' past, then it might be possible for her to form an alliance with him.

Yes i will do one better
the alliance will be sealed by marriage between dany and ramsay or roose or walder frey

After being stuck with an abusive brother for most of her life, I don't think she'd put up with Ramsay.

What have you done with Fat Walda and Joyeuse???

But wasn't Roose an active supporter of Ned Stark's campaign against her father?

If I recall correctly, Roose was the one who suggested that Barristan should have been executed after RR?

I doubt that Dany will be glad to find how exactly Roose killed Robb.

Then again, if Dany finds herself in an absolutely desperate position and if she is unaware of Roose' past, then it might be possible for her to form an alliance with him.

right. but every house in the north supported ned stark in roberts rebellion. and the red wedding is such an event, i think that she will know about it. the starks are not gone without any reason. even dany should notice this.

After being stuck with an abusive brother for most of her life, I don't think she'd put up with Ramsay.

What have you done with Fat Walda and Joyeuse???

Feed them to dogs oh wait feed them to dragons ..who cares about actual story and characters ..it will be cool to have dany form an alliance with them because you know it will make her villain
cool right?

I don't think that Boltons will still exist. They'll be dealt with already.

same initial reaction.   

but I also often imagine multi-stage Bolton scenarios in which they hang around to champion the cause of the walking dead, etc.

so assuming they're still kicking....

she will name him warden of the north if roose bolton swears fealty to her. because

1. roose bolton killed robb stark. the starks are dogs of the usurper in the eyes of dany.

2. roose bolton defeated stannis baratheon. who is the brother of the usurper and her biggest threat and enemy.

for roose there is no difference if tommen is ruling the south or daenarys so he will accept her conditions.

okay this started sounding better at the end once these reasons were supplied.   My counter would be to say that "there is no difference" for the reader either, if you do a re-confirming of Bolton as warden of the north.   And by then something should change.   And Daenerys, if she's ever to emerge from her funk, has already done her stint of choosing strange bedfellows, wouldn't you say?   If she's someone who's just never going to learn then yes the Bolton alliance might help nudge the audience toward realizing she's just not good for the world.   I'd be feeling like, "I went through all of the eastern plot for this?"

If she finds out what they pulled at the Red Wedding, and with the fake Arya, I'm betting she Harrenhals the Dreadfort.

that's hot and would solve the "we can't ever take that place in winter" problem, and potentially an important hostage could even be airlifted out who was giving Boltons their last bit of leverage, etc.

so this is hypotethical future development analysis which needs two requirements.

1. house bolton defeating stannis baratheon

2. daenarys targaryen invading in the south of westeros and declaring war to house baratheon of kings landing. 

assumed daenarys is able to conquer the majority of the south (thanks to varys), what would she do to retake the north and which next move would lord bolton make?

my answer:

It is only possible if Boltons could prove themselves having the ability to put the North firmly in their control, which is very doubtfull considering the situation they were in at the end of book 5, but if they could pull that through, then of course, they did Danny a great service by put down House Stark and Stannis, Danny hated Starks (wait, I hear many Stark fanboys screaming NOOOOOO), and Stannis is one of her big rivals, so of course she would be please and a deal could well be made between them

I don't think you need an alliance.  The Boltons will bend their knee to whomever allows them to keep Winterfell and their title of lord paramount.  The north is vast and the distance from K/L to Winterfell is also vast.  I think anybody who takes the Iron Throne will be glad to have the Boltons bend the knee and then they leave them alone to run the north pretty much the same way kings of the past allowed the Starks to manage on their own. 

Roose betrayed Robb, but I think he could be a very good Warden of the North.  Something would need to be done about Ramsay, but Fat Walda's baby is there to take up the reins.  The Boltons worship the Old Gods, so we know they still practice banging the newlyweds' brides.  But they're not the only ones.  I think some of those ways can be tolerated as long as its on a small scale. 

Roose betrayed Robb, but I think he could be a very good Warden of the North.  Something would need to be done about Ramsay, but Fat Walda's baby is there to take up the reins.  The Boltons worship the Old Gods, so we know they still practice banging the newlyweds' brides.  But they're not the only ones.  I think some of those ways can be tolerated as long as its on a small scale. 

Ramsay would be an excellent fall guy for Roose, now he needs Ramsay, if Roose could put down Starks and defeated Stannis, then Ramsay would have no use to him, then he could kill Ramsay for all of crime he commited,, displaying shock for all evil things Ramsay did in his back and he deliver justice as soon as he found that out. No one in the realm would shed a tear for Ramsay anyway

Archived