Are Aeron's special abilities going to be a plot point?

Taenqyrhae

That is why you don't hire a drunken High Valyrian translator.

Well, there goes my career. Thanks a lot.

I guess I could retrain as a drunken Old Tongue translator and see if Melisandre will hire me to help proselytize to the wildlings. For the Night's Watch wears black and is full of tenors.

THIS IS A GOOD ONE.  One problem with my idea is that a normal human should be able to produce enough urine to drown someone, if they are held down, so why mention that Aeron can urinate enough to put out a large fire - unless he's going to use that urine power to put out a dragon's flame, possibly permanently.

He's going to kill Mel.  Or Lady Stoneheart.  They both live by the fire of the Lord of Light.  All we need is something from Patchface's singing to corroborate it.

When I saw the thread title I thought you would be talking about how Aeron would bore someone to death.  After an hour or two of talking to Damphair, the Great Other would be like "Screw this, I'm going back to my iceberg."

But...I could actually see this potentially happening.

Well, there goes my career. Thanks a lot.

I guess I could retrain as a drunken Old Tongue translator and see if Melisandre will hire me to help proselytize to the wildlings. For the Night's Watch wears black and is full of tenors.

Dude, it's turnips!  You know nothing, fal co!

He's going to kill Mel.  Or Lady Stoneheart.  They both live by the fire of the Lord of Light.  All we need is something from Patchface's singing to corroborate it.

Under the kilt, it rains up, and the rainee is truly boned. I know, I know.

Also, don't forget that time Arya remembered Old Nan's story about the curse that befalls a Lady of Winterfell who spends too long in another kingdom, so she ends up buried in yellow snow.

Neither one specifically references Aeron's damp pubic hair. For that, you have to turn to the myths of Asshai, which tell us that when Azor Ahai's hair Licebringer was quenched in water it became brittle and developed split ends.

When I saw the thread title I thought you would be talking about how Aeron would bore someone to death.  After an hour or two of talking to Damphair, the Great Other would be like "Screw this, I'm going back to my iceberg."

But...I could actually see this potentially happening.

"I have my voice, and the god is with me. Mine is the strength of the sea, a strength the Great Other cannot hope to withstand. The waves may break upon the mountain, yet still they come, wave upon wave, and in the end only pebbles remain where once the mountain stood. And soon even the pebbles are swept away, to be ground beneath the sea for all eternity. And over the years, the evaporation and precipitation of the sea allows hydrogen to escape from the planet's atmosphere. And given enough time, verily, even the neutrons will dissolve. In another 22 billion years, the expansion of the universe will cause first the Milkos Way and then even the Solos System to become gravitationally unbound. Eventually, as the size of the observable universe becomes too small to contain any force interactions, all massive particles will degenerate into singularities. Theoretically, it's possible, although certainly not confirmed or even adequately modeled, that these will decay via a process similar to Hawking radiation. And when the universe is nothing but photons, each one isolated from the next by a distance too large for their light cones to ever cross, about 10^150 years from now, then the very notion of heat or cold shall have no meaning, and your power will be gone. But I will still, somehow, be talking."

"Well, congratulations on your eventual victory. You wait here for that, and I'll go conquer the universe and only rule it for 10^150 years."

On a re-read, I took greater notice of the section where Aeron is describing his life before he found religion.  Of particular note is his ability to urinate great volumes and distances.  He used to win bets by betting he could piss out hearth fires, and he said he spent most of his time as a prisoner at Casterly Rock demonstrating his amazing urination abilities to Lannisters.

I don't think this is just filler, I think it's foreshadowing.

In the same volume (possibly in the same chapter), someone says that another Ironborn is a kinslayer because he spilled the blood of a relative, but when Aeron finds out he drowned he comments "No blood was spilled if he was drowned".  Do Ironborn believe in an exception to the kinslaying curse if someone is drowned?  If so, I think I can tell where he's going with that.

Aeron really hates Euron, Aeron is a godly man and would not spill his brother's blood - but if Aeron thinks drowning Euron would get him around that, I can see how the urination abilities will come back up.

Aeron and Euron will be stuck somewhere far from the ocean or water, and Aeron is going to be able to overpower and capture Euron.  Euron is going to taunt him about how Aeron would never dare to hurt him and become a kinslayer, and may even bring up the rusty hinge incident to make Euron even angrier.  And that's how Aeron will end up drowning Euron by pissing down his throat.

Either that, or some Lannister is going to recognize him at some point and say "Hey, you're that Ironborn who can piss out a hearthfire!  I used to pay the gaoler at Casterly Rock to come watch!"

I find the idea that Aeron causes Euron's death through drowning plausible. The idea that it is through urination much less so.

I'm going to try and hijack this thread since it is so stupid.

Aerons real special ability is his 100% success rate at cpr.  Is magic involved?

I am going to say yes. Until the story is done, I won't be persuaded that a people who greet each other with "What is dead may never die, but rises harder and stronger" won't have a major role to play in the zombie apocalypse.

Just imagine Tywin Lannister being brought a chair to the dungeons to see Aeron urinate while drinking some wine and saying "excellent...".

Does Tywin ever do the Cyber-Controller "excellent..." line, or does it just seem so Tywin that we all just imagine it? 

Don't avoid the real issue.  Is magic involved in his superhuman torrent?

Either he is magical or he has an incredibly large bladder, I don't think a normal person could urinate enough to put out a large hearth fire.  I've dumped buckets of water onto campfires to try and put them out, it's hard.

Because of his connection to the sea, I'm guessing it's probably magic instead of a mutated bladder.

Archived