NFL 2015 Week 1: Haters gonna Hate the GOAT

Trebla

So many points just being left on the field by the Steelers.

Painful to watch. But at least it shows what can be with a little improvement. Our secondary is a shit show.

Question for Pats fans, is Malcolm Butler being described as a 'shutdown corner' in the NE media? I could swear I thought Collinsworth called him one early on in the game.

Painful to watch. But at least it shows what can be with a little improvement. Our secondary is a shit show.

Question for Pats fans, is Malcolm Butler being described as a 'shutdown corner' in the NE media? I could swear I thought Collinsworth called him one early on in the game.

He said that it would be his 'role', I'm guessing he was making a comment on him replacing Revis but never got around to fleshing it out.

No, that's just Collinsworth pulling shit out of his ass (and I heard the same comment). I have seen cautious optimism about Butler. And mostly he looked okay. But shit, he took over Revis's spot. No one with two synapses to rub together here is calling Butler a "shutdown corner."

I'm tentatively pleased with the rookies on the Pats' offensive line tonight, but let's see how they do against Buffalo.

I knew you could never take an opportunity to just let shit drop. Your team lost and your DBs looked as confused as an underage girl with a drink that your fat pig rapist QB handed her.

Dude, just fucking stop! You didn't just throw the first stone, but when asked to let it go you had to get in one more snide comment. Then when he literally repeats what you said you're acting like a victim. Just stop, please! You've won on every level in this, just let it go.

I knew you could never take an opportunity to just let shit drop. Your team lost and your DBs looked as confused as an underage girl with a drink that your fat pig rapist QB handed her.

What are you talking about? I addressed your point on being optimistic for Butler's future. I don't think Butler will hold up as a number one CB. I didn't realize that was a sore point for you. My apologies.

ETA: Gronk is now on pace for 48 TDs this season. That would be amazing to watch. I never get as much of an opportunity to watch him as I would like. It was scary how good he looked tonight.

ETA2: No worries Dante. Sorry if I pissed you off as well.

Okay -- Jace, you're right, the last shot about the Colts was unnecessary, and I apologize.

I also apologize to Reny -- thought your response about Butler was trying to needle me. I tend to expect the worst from you, especially after your comments about the "uniquely persecuted" Kraftpats or whatever it was.

Been a long and bitter offseason. And as if on cue, I see some footage from Tomlin's press appearance after the game, where he's pretty steamed about the headset thing. Oh boy, get Ted Wells back out here!

No, that's just Collinsworth pulling shit out of his ass (and I heard the same comment). I have seen cautious optimism about Butler. And mostly he looked okay. But shit, he took over Revis's spot. No one with two synapses to rub together here is calling Butler a "shutdown corner."

I'm tentatively pleased with the rookies on the Pats' offensive line tonight, but let's see how they do against Buffalo.

Thanks, I was curious because he has so much hype from his SB pic and was a relative unknown prior. Not to rib you, but the SB hype reminds me of Larry Brown from the Cowboys in SB XXX.

As long and bad as the offseason was, it's gonna be brutal if any comment that is negative about pats players gets this kind of response. Oy.

Butler got thrown on 10 times and stopped one of them. That is not good play. The good news for the pats is that their front seven look pretty decent. That secondary is pretty brutal.

Thanks, I was curious because he has so much hype from his SB pic and was a relative unknown prior. Not to rib you, but the SB hype reminds me of Larry Brown from the Cowboys in SB XXX.

I do think there's been a little irrational optimism from the fan base about him, extrapolating too much about one great Super Bowl play for a second-year player who was undrafted and barely played last year. But Belichick seems to think he's got something in Butler. And Butler's been making all the right noises about not wanting to live off that one play, wanting to work hard, etc. But sure, there is a long and glorious tradition of Super Bowl hero DBs getting way overrated.

As long and bad as the offseason was, it's gonna be brutal if any comment that is negative about pats players gets this kind of response. Oy.

My reaction had very little to do with Butler, more about the person making the comment. But I don't want to get back into it.

Lmao classy. Ben never did no more than Gronk does to about five girls on a weekly basis.

The CB comment is accurate.

Lmao classy. Ben never did no more than Gronk does to about five girls on a weekly basis.

The CB comment is accurate.

What? Gronk strikes me as a bit of a moron who's really fucking good at football, but as far as I know he's never been accused of rape.

I very much doubt the Pats win the Superbowl again this year. The secondary is gutted, the offensive line is a little worse, everything else about the offense is about the same, and defensive line is marginally improved.

But it's fine. For me, after last year, anything from now until Brady leaves the team is just a bonus.

Archived