TTTNE 460: Because we lost everything since TTTNE 457

Buckwheat

Thank you ladies :grouphug: I appreciate the responses.  I hope she laughs too.

I have made her a really nice scarf to match her dress jacket, bought a fancy dress scarf (the lacy kind you wear with blouses-- inside, not the warm kind) and a multi-strand beaded necklace.

I love the idea of the 'joke' gift, too.  Lany, that makes it all the more thoughtful, in my opinion.

:grouphug:

I hope you enjoy the movie, FOMN.  Let us know what your review is.

Lany and her gift (lost quote, sorry!):

I would love it, it would show that the person listened and remembered my experiences, and it would be humourous. :) You are a very thoughtful person, Lany.

MY BODY IS READY.

Whoa, whoa, whoa, calm down, boy. ;)

I saw it yesterday too.

Is the fact that an old friend is willing to go see Star Wars with you, brings you a little gift (home-made cookies which taste amazing :drool: ), wants to pay for tea (he always wants to pay for everything really :wacko: ), drives you home and then texts you the same evening that it was super and we should do it again ... usual? I am asking for a, um, friend, of course. :leaving:

Hello you all,

I am feeling pretty sad right now. this summer my 88 year old grandmother was diagnosed with cancer. She was struggling ever since with it and for the past months she has been basically in the bed on very strong medications. Because of her age all the doctors said there is no point in chemo or the surgery and we should just let her pass peacefully. Last couple of weeks she's been on morphene and she was in constant pain. Last night she passed away and my mom just called me to say the funeral is tomorrow. The worst part is I can't be there,I can't help I can't do anything because I am due in week or so. I couldn't say goodbye, couldn't say I loved her. Even if I was there and I had the chance she wouldn't know because ever since the war in Bosnia her mind has started deteriorating because of dementia and for years she couldn't remember anything or anyone,even her own daughter my mother. She only seemed to remember me, she knew I was her grand daughter but even that only on occasion. This woman was my second mother,she took care of me while my mom was working, she practically raised me,I love her to bits. She was so nice and kind and she had such a hard life. she lost two out of three children, she survived two wars...but she was amazing. She was my grand mother and I can't believe she's gone. 

:grouphug: Koba. My condolences. If you need an ear you can PM me, i can very much empathise with you. She sounds a wonderful woman :grouphug: 

Glad you liked the film First.

*sings* "Love is in the air!" ...for Bucky's friend, of course...

And, we have a new puppy. *swoons* I'm in love :wub: pics later

Truly sorry for your loss Koba :grouphug: I am always available if you need an ear or shoulder. I am currently going through the same thing with my youngest sister.  I was her second mom.  

We seem to be having a very rough month

:grouphug: for Helena too

Bucky,   Tell your friend that is perfectly normal behavior

when a guy really likes you. :) 

YAY!  for new puppies! 

Congrats Q!!

I'm all finished with this semester of school,  I've not felt so relieved in awhile. Passed all my classes, and now it's time to finish packing. I'm moving down to SoCal on the 30th.

I hope you all are having a great holiday!

I havent been too excited about the holidays this year, as my other family is in wyoming, and my siblings and mom have been missing since June. No one really knows what to say to me, and I don't even know how bad to feel. So I've been numb for awhile, and without getting too soppy,  I really appreciate you guys a lot. As some of you know, I move a lot and I rarely keep in touch with the same people. But here, I come here, and you guys are still around. It's heartwarming and makes me smile. So thank you. 

Thank you for the laughs, support, kindness, and all the great vibes this thread promotes. :grouphug:

So happy you are finished with your semester! I'm sorry your siblings are missing - I know how much you love them. There are very wonderful people here and this is a rare safe haven. I'm grateful you joined us and am thankful you are here :) 

I would love it, it would show that the person listened and remembered my experiences, and it would be humourous. :) You are a very thoughtful person, Lany.

I saw it yesterday too.

Is the fact that an old friend is willing to go see Star Wars with you, brings you a little gift (home-made cookies which taste amazing :drool: ), wants to pay for tea (he always wants to pay for everything really :wacko: ), drives you home and then texts you the same evening that it was super and we should do it again ... usual? I am asking for a, um, friend, of course. :leaving:

Bucky if this gentleman is single and it sounds like he is very interested - pounce on the opportunity! He sounds like a keeper. 

Koba - I am so sorry for your loss. She sounds like an amazing person and that she took wonderful care of you. Wish I could give real hugs :grouphug: 

Helena -pics please! Puppy!

At 4:30am my son starting vomiting :stillsick:  Fun times. Poor baby. It would explain why he has been particularly emotional the last two days. 

I saw it yesterday too.

For Star Wars? Never!

I wouldn't call that usual.

Hello you all,

I am feeling pretty sad right now. this summer my 88 year old grandmother was diagnosed with cancer. She was struggling ever since with it and for the past months she has been basically in the bed on very strong medications. Because of her age all the doctors said there is no point in chemo or the surgery and we should just let her pass peacefully. Last couple of weeks she's been on morphene and she was in constant pain. Last night she passed away and my mom just called me to say the funeral is tomorrow. The worst part is I can't be there,I can't help I can't do anything because I am due in week or so. I couldn't say goodbye, couldn't say I loved her. Even if I was there and I had the chance she wouldn't know because ever since the war in Bosnia her mind has started deteriorating because of dementia and for years she couldn't remember anything or anyone,even her own daughter my mother. She only seemed to remember me, she knew I was her grand daughter but even that only on occasion. This woman was my second mother,she took care of me while my mom was working, she practically raised me,I love her to bits. She was so nice and kind and she had such a hard life. she lost two out of three children, she survived two wars...but she was amazing. She was my grand mother and I can't believe she's gone. 

I'm very sorry for your loss :grouphug:

Just another :grouphug: for all of you because this thread seems quite sad the past few days. I would hug you all in person if I could.

*sings* "Love is in the air!" ...for Bucky's friend, of course...

Bucky,   Tell your friend that is perfectly normal behavior

Hidden Content

Bucky if this gentleman is single and it sounds like he is very interested - pounce on the opportunity! He sounds like a keeper.

At 4:30am my son starting vomiting :stillsick:  Fun times. Poor baby. It would explain why he has been particularly emotional the last two days. 

Whoa whoa whoa, ladies, calm down. :P I am not even sure I like that. Also it is not that obvious as you all seem to be making it, because he does not seem to do anything ... I do not know. We have known each other for probably more than 10 years, and started meeting more often in the last 2 years or so, but he does not even try to give me a hug for hello/goodbye. From a remark a few months ago, I dare assume he is single, but we never discussed any of that. We are just very polite friends. He might just be being friendly.

... to my friend, of course. :leaving:

I do hope Lil O feels better soon. Tell him to be good and rest and drink tea. :)

For Star Wars? Never!

I wouldn't call that usual.

:fencing:<- Imagine those are ligtsabers

Well that is very useful. :P

:wub: That is very adorable! What is his/her name?

I just read the previous posts and i'm feeling so terribly guilty for what i missed. :( 

Hello you all,

I'm so sorry. :( This must be really terrible. :grouphug:  

Whoa whoa whoa, ladies, calm down. :P I am not even sure I like that. Also it is not that obvious as you all seem to be making it, because he does not seem to do anything ... I do not know. We have known each other for probably more than 10 years, and started meeting more often in the last 2 years or so, but he does not even try to give me a hug for hello/goodbye. From a remark a few months ago, I dare assume he is single, but we never discussed any of that. We are just very polite friends. He might just be being friendly.

... to my friend, of course. :leaving:

Wow. Your friend must be a saint.

Adorable.:wub:

Bring it! :fencing:

Well, it's what you asked :P

I raise you :fencing::fencing: and a :box: for good measure!

True. :blushing:

I just read the previous posts and i'm feeling so terribly guilty for what i missed. :( 

Wow. Your friend must be a saint.

Do not be sorry, just join in with the spamming! :)

What do you mean by that saint comment? :P

Yo!!!!!!!

Yo! Master of tuna!

Archived