TTTNE 460: Because we lost everything since TTTNE 457

Buckwheat

Thank you all. My nanna died this afternoon. I...well I told you she was in hospital, and she has been very ill for a long time. So it wasn't unexpected. But it still hurts, especially as I couldn't be there to see her one last time. The worst part though, was hearing my Dad crying when he told me over the phone. My Dad doesn't do emotion, so it was...very sad.

thanks for the support :grouphug: I'm going to see about getting an earlier train home. Hopefully I can get one for tomorrow, or Monday if not.

Very sorry for your loss. :grouphug: 

Thank you all. My nanna died this afternoon. I...well I told you she was in hospital, and she has been very ill for a long time. So it wasn't unexpected. But it still hurts, especially as I couldn't be there to see her one last time. The worst part though, was hearing my Dad crying when he told me over the phone. My Dad doesn't do emotion, so it was...very sad.

thanks for the support :grouphug: I'm going to see about getting an earlier train home. Hopefully I can get one for tomorrow, or Monday if not.

Sad news. I'm sorry for your loss Helena.  :grouphug:

As a dad and son myself, I expect your arriving safely home is the one thing that might give your dad some comfort.

so very sorry for your loss.  :( 

Hope you can get there as fast as you can. :grouphug: :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Well, I am not going back early. We could book train tickets, but after a long talk with Mam and Dad, they convinced me just to stay in London and spend time with my friends to keep me occupied, and come home next Friday as planned. Both of them will be at work if I go back (Dad is back at work already. I'm not too surprised, he likes to work to keep his mind from dwelling on things) so I would just be in the house alone. And the funeral, though not scheduled yet, won't be until next week sometime (w/c 21/12) so I will still be back for that. It's probably for the best.

:grouphug: Helena

I am sweating!  Like dripping sweat, wet hair and all!  I was just painting the shelves for Alex's special mommy gift with primer (outside).  I was using a roller, so not like I was doing anything hard.  it is just pretty warm out

It is going to be a 3'x5' cube style bookcase painted in a minecraft theme. each level will get a different set of colors.  Once the primer dries I will cut them to the right size, then I can bring them in to work on them (I primed them first because it is so much easier to paint 5 8ft long boards than it is paint 1 5ft, 7 3ft and 11 11" boards.   I am so excited about this.  I had planned on starting it yesterday, but the husband didn't want me to do it at all.  Today I decided "fuck it. I want to do this" :P  It will replace a 3ft by 30" bookcase and the tv stand where all his dvds/videos are as well as a couple of single shelves he has some things on that will have to come down because his tv will be in that area

We're not due for any below freezing temps (day or night) till Saturday. That's life in a time of AGW for you.

Goodness, the spam is weak these days - last post was 20 hours ago. Then again, TTTNE didn't fall off p.1 of forum games, so I guess the whole forum is moving glacially these days.

Happy Monday my lovelies

I am a wreck.  I truly am. But today should bring news of some sort.  Maybe that will help.  in the meantime, I know I am overly emotional.

My coworker has made me cry.  She gave me an awesome coloring book and watercolor pencils!  last week it was a Dr. Who Tardis ornament and week before a friendship candle! (she likes to give gifts one a week)

:grouphug: 

So sorry Helena

That sounds so fun!

Drive carefully- my mom said 101 and 6 had been flooded horribly. But that's in the tillamook area. Hopefully you're heading up the coast instead of down. 

I miss the Oregon beach and the storms!! Enjoy the Christmas party and the gorgeous scenery :) 

It was very fun to see my old classmates again, but a bit strange to be in a warehouse full of grungy loggers.  My bf, Tom handled it quite well, even though he's more of an artist than a burly-man.

We hit some road issues along Hwy 26 and saw really high creeks flooding, looking like raging rivers more than creeks.  But we made it safely there and back.  And I agree, the Oregon beach and storms are wonderful.  Come and see me and we'll go together.  :-)

I'm so sorry to hear this Helena.  Unexpected or not, it's still heartbreaking to lose a loved one.  Love and light to you and your family.  :grouphug:

Archived