TTTNE 460: Because we lost everything since TTTNE 457

Buckwheat

I visited my grandfather this morning, whose condition has been worsening the last few months. Man, he looks bad. He didn't know who I was and when we tried to start a conversation we couldn't get anything other than 'yes' or 'no' out of him. I was never that fond of him personally but I feel really bad for my dad, who has a hard time seeing his father like this. I'm hoping his suffering won't last long.

Happy st. Nicholas all! ;) Were you good?

To you too.

Of course, I even got the illustrated Dunk & Egg omnibus from the good saint, I can finally read them now.

I visited my grandfather this morning, whose condition has been worsening the last few months. Man, he looks bad. He didn't know who I was and when we tried to start a conversation we couldn't get anything other than 'yes' or 'no' out of him. I was never that fond of him personally but I feel really bad for my dad, who has a hard time seeing his father like this. I'm hoping his suffering won't last long.

To you too.

Of course, I even got the illustrated Dunk & Egg omnibus from the good saint, I can finally read them now.

I am very sorry to hear about your grandfather. :grouphug:

Good about the book though. :read:

Thanks :grouphug: I'm not close with him but it still sucks.

ETA: Makes me wonder how my other grandfather is doing. I've never met him but I believe he's still alive. It's weird but I don't even know if he knows I exist. From what I hear he's not a very nice man though, there's a reason my mother and grandmother aren't in touch with him anymore.

Is there an age at which it stops being reasonable to buy Caterpillar cake for someone's birthday? If there is, then I don't want to grow up :P 

^flatmates birthday tomorrow. We have balloons ready (we checked earlier. There are enough to cover the kitchen floor) banners, a cake, and a badge for her. No gifts though, we all agreed not to do birthday gifts with each other. We are having a joint birthday celebration/Christmas celebration on Saturday where we will swap Christmas gifts etc and attempt to cook a Christmas dinner...with one oven shelf and dodgy kitchen equipment. Fire brigade on standby ;) though we can all cook. But our kitchen isn't the best. 

(We're only having this so early because one of us is going away for Christmas next Monday)

Can I have your flatmates, H?

ETA: Makes me wonder how my other grandfather is doing. I've never met him but I believe he's still alive. It's weird but I don't even know if he knows I exist. From what I hear he's not a very nice man though, there's a reason my mother and grandmother aren't in touch with him anymore.

That sounds terribly sad to me. :grouphug:

Is there an age at which it stops being reasonable to buy Caterpillar cake for someone's birthday?

Yes, 86.

Can I have your flatmates, H?

That sounds terribly sad to me. :grouphug:

More so for my mom than me, I think. I can't miss what I never had. I hardly ever think about him, but it's weird to think that I still have another grandfather out there somewhere, I've googled him but I could never find anything.
Thank you though :)

Thank you guys, I will see a doctor about it.

:grouphug: FoMN. I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather being so poorly.

Thank you :grouphug:  And good to hear.

Remember, remember, the 7th of December...

Happy Birthday, Buck! :cheers:

I think I've owed you a lemoncake for a while now. :D

Thank you (again)! :cheers: You should really get to that lemoncake on of these days. :P

Happy Birthday my Queen! Have yourself a Wiggles the Caterpillar cake :D 

Thank you, my ginger master of laws, it is very much appreciated. :grouphug:

It's Buck's birthday? :o

Happy birthday your highness :cheers:

Why study when you can spend hours playing stupid games on your Phone? God that test tomorrow is going to go so badly.

Yes it is, and thank you! :D (It is cool being called your highness, heh. :P )

I am sure the test will go excellently for you.

Archived