TTTNE 460: Because we lost everything since TTTNE 457

Buckwheat

Sorry about husband being a bit of a dick Lany :( I remember when you told us about the leftovers situation before. Sorry about this, but he sounds terribly infuriating! Glad you are feeling a bit better now though. And yes, the way people say things sets me off too. Thats always my worry on the forum, noone can tell how i would be saying these things, so something light-hearted/innocuous might come out unduly bitter and harsh.

Anyway, the gift sounds great! You are such a good shopper. I'm still at a total loss as to what to buy my mam for christmas. I can get her the usual odds and ends but i like to get a proper gift too. I'll need to get a move on and think of something soon!

LadyO,I had to take a half day at uni today. First time this year :( i was just so exhausted and felt like shit. I've been lay in my duvet with a hot water bottle all afternoon. Still feel a bit yucky but now i feel guilty that i missed the afternoon. I also have a lot of work i need to get done...so much for relaxing weekends. 

On the plus side, i ordered christmas gifts for my flatmates last night. I am to collect them next Thursday.. Choccywoccydodah mugs and one of their chocolate slabs each. I was going to buy one of the little sculptures which are very impressive, but thought theycwould like the slabs more. And its an excuse to go marvel at the stuff in their shop, which is always great!. I'm going to fill the mugs with a bag of jellies, and a small bag of 20ps - since we are always griping about having no change for the washing/tumble dryers!

Eyron, sorry you've been feeling down :grouphug:

We have, now that I am working, what I feel is a fair workout for our money. I give him the majority of my pay, which basically equals the mortgage payment (or more on months with 5 paychecks).  I think what really bothers me most, is the way he says things.  This morning I just wasn't in the mood and said too bad, you pay.

We really will have to change things long term though.  If I could get a full time job with benefits (I am currently a contractor), I would take over the mortgage and healthcare (and depending on my pay, maybe one more thing) and then say to him "You have to make the rest fit your salary."   Other than winning the lottery, this is our best solution.  It forces us both to budget and plan better.  I also have a plan to pay off our mortgage in 20 years instead of 30, and it would not be that much more each week (this assumes we get a refi). I would really like to be able to retire at 70, and I couldn't do that if we still owe on our house. He would not even consider paying it weekely and adding a little bit more each time. (the standard is a monthly payment, but if you pay weekly (monthly/4), you end up making two extra payments a year, which goes to all principal, add a little more and the balance decreases even quicker).

Anyway, I am hopeful of things working out.  I have just been really stressed lately with so much going on (sister/refi/job topping the list) that all these other things are having a much bigger affect on me than they normally would. 

I can really see how things have been piling up for you. It's a time when you don't need arguments and things like this against you on top of it all. :grouphug:

It sounds like you have a good strategy to make it work. Some people are very difficult to cooperate with, even when you think you have a perfectly rational solution to something, or so you think.

Helena, I'm fine, not really down, just stressed out really. :) Stress is something to work with, so at least that is a good aspect of it compared to being depressed or such.

I heard it gets pretty lame in book 3 forward... But btw, could you tell me what's it about? In this book is there anything about worldbuilding? If so, how's it? Sorry, i'm curious.

Holy shit! so sorry for the late answer .... 

Well as far as I know The First book is the best and the two after it are good. And yeah it seems to be about worldbuilding if i actually got the meaning of wordbuilding right lol. 

Well it's a science fiction and there is a lot of talk about spiced and seasonings which is still kinda weird for me :lol: 

I should have listened to your warning, BB. Sounds like a joke my dad would make, and that's not a compliment :P

And for myself, I've been pretty run down with stuff lately. I'm so so happy it's weekend and I have time off. I got quite scared the other day when I was so stressed I was beginning to feel dizzy and sick, I started to hear this rush sound in my ears, and my blood pumping, and had to lie down to not be sick. I've felt my heart pounding very hard at times lately and I know it's not good. I have realised that things are getting out of control, so I'm taking care of it now. I think it's the blood pressure so I'm taking it very seriously. I'm going to keep check on it and try to be more relaxed about everything. So far so good.

Sorry to hear that. It not mean much but if it keeps happening maybe you should see a doctor (you probaby figured that out yourself :P) , but let's hope that won't be necessary. Enjoy your weekend. (I know I will. New books! :devil:)

I miss too much just looking at the notifications.

So sorry I didn't see this earlier 

And for myself, I've been pretty run down with stuff lately. I'm so so happy it's weekend and I have time off. I got quite scared the other day when I was so stressed I was beginning to feel dizzy and sick, I started to hear this rush sound in my ears, and my blood pumping, and had to lie down to not be sick. I've felt my heart pounding very hard at times lately and I know it's not good. I have realised that things are getting out of control, so I'm taking care of it now. I think it's the blood pressure so I'm taking it very seriously. I'm going to keep check on it and try to be more relaxed about everything. So far so good.

Hey Ashara, how are you?

Have you also visited the doctor?  Please make sure you are taking care of yourself :grouphug:

Hey Ashara, how are you?

Stress is just a pain in the ass. I'm glad to hear you are finding ways to relax. I have yet to accomplish that. The spike in blood pressure can cause you to feel dizzy and sick. Has the doctor given any prescriptions or protocol for that? 

Im feeling quite lazy today. And I have so much to get done. 

Bartender, I'll take two! 

Here you go. :grouphug::grouphug:

I was wondering, is there a set date on which the Spamsmoot starts? We're supposed to have a new Spamperor/Spampress when January hits right?

The Spamsmoot takes place in the first thread starting after New Year. Which means we are supposed to have new Spamperors till the end of January. (Actually I am worried, with the lazy pace we have been going through threads in the last months, that the Spamsmoot will take much more time than it should. We will find a solution for that.)

Of course all the spammers thinking about becoming candidates for the next year's spamperors shouls start preparing their campaigns earlier. Myself and your king will be happy to give tips about running campaign/preparations/titles or anything else that you might want to know. :)

Oh okay, I thought we did it in December but January makes more sense.

Thanks for the offer :)  but I don't plan on running. I might change my mind if someone wants to run with me but otherwise I'm staying on the sidelines (I mean, my attempt with Wally two years back didn't go too well :P)

Well, just to clarify, that was a general offer to everybody, not especially to you although of course it includes you if you decide so. ;) I will gladly talk to anybody who reaches out to me in this matter.

Last years Spamsmoot was also somewhat late wasnt it? We had just started the great slump at that stage, iirc,so things were pretty slow going.

A knifeman attacked someone in a tube station fairly close to where i live http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/leytonstone-stabbing-man-arrested-after-reports-of-knife-attack-outside-tube-station-a3130796.html

That is scary Helena. There is so much crime in my city it's ridiculous. 

My pups top baby teeth haven't fallen out. I suppose I have to have them pulled? And no, she is still not potty trained :(  I'm about to give up hope on her. Cavaliers are not supposed to be barkers. But she is. On the other hand my cockalier is just the perfect dog. I wish she would learn from him. 

Oh my gosh - so many hugs to give here in TTTNE!  

Lany, LadyO, Eyron (please see the doctor!) and Helena.  The video in that link is terrifying!

I saw a bacon calendar the other day and thought of you :) 

So the Verizon guy came out a bit after 3pm to install a new router and do an upgrade. We were stuck at home all day because the window for him to be here was from 10am -3pm. At about 6:30pm he tells me he needs to call his supervisor. I notice he left in his van. So now it is after 7pm and he has not come back and never finished the job. 

WTF is that??!!  I have no internets or tv :( 

I saw a bacon calendar the other day and thought of you :) 

So the Verizon guy came out a bit after 3pm to install a new router and do an upgrade. We were stuck at home all day because the window for him to be here was from 10am -3pm. At about 6:30pm he tells me he needs to call his supervisor. I notice he left in his van. So now it is after 7pm and he has not come back and never finished the job. 

WTF is that??!!  I have no internets or tv :( 

Find his address and I'll send him an envelope of my germs. Garrrr, rage! 

Archived