NBA Season 2015 - 16 Bow to the Brow

Relic

I was watching LeBron and Kevin Love at work against Atlanta and I have to say, James still looks fantastic.

Not a step slower than ever, supremely capable. He just inspires confidence as well. Still the no.1 player when you see him in action IMO.

I was watching LeBron and Kevin Love at work against Atlanta and I have to say, James still looks fantastic.

Not a step slower than ever, supremely capable. He just inspires confidence as well. Still the no.1 player when you see him in action IMO.

Conversely I was watching Blake Griffin play yesterday.  Thoroughly outplayed by an 800 year old Luis Scola.  He will never amount to anything besides flashy in game dunks and a rigged dunk contest.  Pathetic.

Conversely I was watching Blake Griffin play yesterday.  Thoroughly outplayed by an 800 year old Luis Scola.  He will never amount to anything besides flashy in game dunks and a rigged dunk contest.  Pathetic.

I busted out laughing at work.

And you're right. He will always be a flashy player who comes up small when it counts.

The Knicks aren't cooperating and actually look pretty decent, looks like I will lose the under 31 wins bet I made.

The Bulls gave Warriors a good game the other night but Warriors just had too much firepower down the stretch(couldn't post on the forum the night of the game for some reason). Basically Bulls offense in the 4th quarter was give it to Butler and see what he can do while Mirotic fired up erratic 3's. 

I don't know, I just thought Griffin had a bad game yesterday and the whole Clippers team has been pretty shit recently.

He's been the best Clipper this year and last. Generally I like him and he has clearly improved his game. But like other Clippers he seems unable to bring it when it really matters.

I'm sue they will recover from this in the same manner that the Rockets will get better but neither of these two teams looks remotely like contenders. Which, it has to be said, applies to what we've seen of OKC so far as well. But they get Durant back soon.

Wiggins!!!!!!!!

LBJ must be wondering what if.

If he's wondering what if, then he's an idiot. It was plain as day what was going to happen with Wiggins. He wanted instant gratification and it did work out for them to an extent (leading East, in championship). 

If he's wondering what if, then he's an idiot. It was plain as day what was going to happen with Wiggins. He wanted instant gratification and it did work out for them to an extent (leading East, in championship). 

Did it? Does Cleveland have a banner?

I'd say Wiggins is already better than Love.

No they don't, but it's one year. What you're saying is that if Wiggins was in the team instead of Love, they would have made the Finals and beaten GS? I guess that may be true given Love and Kyrie were both injured for the finals but we're talking about a single season as a sample size where Wiggins was a rookie (and might also have been injured). Given that Cleveland is 11-3 this season, they're not exactly missing Wiggins even though I still thoroughly believe it was short sighted.

in a vacuum it's a terrible trade. However, given that Wiggins just didn't really fit into the team make up and they needed a stretch 4, it could have been a lot worse. i'm sure the Cavs will have some regret if they don't win a ring in the next three years, but otherwise the criticism rings a bit...thin.   

in a vacuum it's a terrible trade. However, given that Wiggins just didn't really fit into the team make up and they needed a stretch 4, it could have been a lot worse. i'm sure the Cavs will have some regret if they don't win a ring in the next three years, but otherwise the criticism rings a bit...thin.   

Hey, they would have had another top pick in Anthony Bennett fill that position if they didn't make that trade! :P

Also, here's a fun question:

What number will be greater at the end of the season, Golden State's loses or Philly's wins?

I took a quick look at last season's standings and it was pretty close, Golden State has 15 losses and there were 3 teams who had below 20 wins. They did manage to get more wins than Golden State has losses though.

PG: LBJ, SG: Irving, SF: Wiggins, PF: Thompson, C: Mozgov

That is a dominate starting line up.

PG: LBJ, SG: Irving, SF: Wiggins, PF: Thompson, C: Mozgov

That is a dominate starting line up.

With no three point shooters. Nah, i dont see it. You need to spread the floor with LBJ, and Love helps him do that. 

Seems to me the main perk of that trade for the Cavs was having Love all of last season, as opposed to picking him up during the offseason without having to give anything up for him. Seeing as how that did not result in a ring, I think the criticism is valid. They could conceivably have both Wiggins and Love right now.

Seems to me the main perk of that trade for the Cavs was having Love all of last season, as opposed to picking him up during the offseason without having to give anything up for him. Seeing as how that did not result in a ring, I think the criticism is valid. They could conceivably have both Wiggins and Love right now.

and then they wouldn't have been able to resign half of their team...

Archived