US Politics - We're through the looking glass here people

Shryke

Radical left and right movements both exist, both cause violence, both suck. That said, the radical right certainly appears to have more mainstream political appeal right now in the US. 

I'd argue that they have not just appeal but great influence, at least in the GOP. Back in 2009 few Republicans dared openly disagree with the birthers, but no Democrats felt the need to be similarly silent about truthers. Democratic crazies have no control over the party, whereas Republican crazies have their hands firmly on the wheel.

How is he representative of the politics of the left? Hostile towards authority, arrested 19 times (!), and specified as not participating in any political protests or rallies of any kind. How did leftist politics inspire him, exactly? He seems to have been inspired by personal experience, and therein identifying with victims of police prejudice.

The madmen rarely hold formal positions in political hierarchies. At the time, there were certainly protests calling for the deaths of police officers (using derogatory slogans). Given that he is dead, it cannot be proven that he was inspired by these, but it is highly likely (the same is true of most right-wing madmen).

If you would prefer arson and the like committed as part of left-wing protests and rallies, the examples are pretty obvious.

I'd argue that they have not just appeal but great influence, at least in the GOP. Back in 2009 few Republicans dared openly disagree with the birthers, but no Democrats felt the need to be similarly silent about truthers. Democratic crazies have no control over the party, whereas Republican crazies have their hands firmly on the wheel.

This. There's a matter of relevance here. Who is in power. Unfortunately, if you believe the conservative narrative, you believe that liberal extremists, also, have control of the Democrats and the White House.

This. There's a matter of relevance here. Who is in power. Unfortunately, if you believe the conservative narrative, you believe that liberal extremists, also, have control of the Democrats and the White House.

Let's not mince words- per the conservative narrative it's an anti-colonial Kenyan secret Muslim Communist Black Panther Nazi lizard-person liberal extremist that controls the White House.

Let's not mince words- per the conservative narrative it's an anti-colonial Kenyan secret Muslim Communist Black Panther Nazi lizard-person liberal extremist that controls the White House.

I used "extremist" for brevity, but yes. All that and gay too. "Homosexual extremism" is an actual term they use.

I used "extremist" for brevity, but yes. All that and gay too. "Homosexual extremism" is an actual term they use.

What is homosexual extremism even supposed to be?  Weaponizing gay people to hump "good, straight" people to death?

I mean, I'm clearly for things humping things they shouldn't be* humping given my avatar, but I wouldn't call it extremism.

*assumption that a gay person humping a straight person in a weaponized manner is not consensual.  If it is consensual, carry on.

You forgot Murika hater. Titles matter!

The madmen rarely hold formal positions in political hierarchies. At the time, there were certainly protests calling for the deaths of police officers (using derogatory slogans). Given that he is dead, it cannot be proven that he was inspired by these, but it is highly likely (the same is true of most right-wing madmen).

If you would prefer arson and the like committed as part of left-wing protests and rallies, the examples are pretty obvious.

You're conflating the issue. No major Democrat/Liberal that I've seen has called for violence against police. What they're calling for is reform to curb police violence against minorities. They almost always go out of their way to say do not commit acts of violence. The example you provided is an individual who self-radicalized.

That is very different from the number of people on the right calling for "second amendment remedies" to deal with issues they have lost in the courts.

No major Democrat/Liberal that I've seen has called for violence against police.

Maybe that you've seen. It's certainly happened in recent times. There was a lot of stern talking about how rioting was 'called for' or understandable after the Zimmer and Ferguson crimes.

What is homosexual extremism even supposed to be?  Weaponizing gay people to hump "good, straight" people to death?

I mean, I'm clearly for things humping things they shouldn't be* humping given my avatar, but I wouldn't call it extremism.

*assumption that a gay person humping a straight person in a weaponized manner is not consensual.  If it is consensual, carry on.

Obligatory...(NSFW-Language)

http://www.theonion.com/blogpost/why-do-all-these-homosexuals-keep-sucking-my-cock-10861

I'm assuming NSFW?  I'm waiting on some client contacts to show up to a meeting (31 minutes late now) so I have no problem posting here, but there's some things I'm not running through a client's network.

Homosexual extremists are well known for wanting the legal right to visit fellow homosexuals in the hospital, and the legal right to family immunity and right to an elective share of a decedents estate for example.

Never underestimate their extremism!

Maybe that you've seen. It's certainly happened in recent times. There was a lot of stern talking about how rioting was 'called for' or understandable after the Zimmer and Ferguson crimes.

Same thing in Baltimore.

Key word: Major

I'm sure there were some nobodies suggesting as much. The counter example I gave was a canadiate for U.S. Senate that almsot won the race. It was actually a surprise that she lost.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2010/senate/nv/nevada_senate_angle_vs_reid-1517.html

Hey, in some places in America it's not really rape if you're married.

Like New York if you're Trump.

Which gets to something I forgot. What were you guys talking about Bill's affairs hurting Hillary? She could turn that on Trump rather easily and throw one of his many public skeletons right back at him.

Archived