US Politics - We're through the looking glass here people

Shryke

Trump made some pretty damn ballsy comments to that crowd though (I'm not surprised DanteGabriel left them out since they don't fit his narrative)

Pretty encouraging stuff for a GOP candidate. Win has Hillary ever shown this kind of strength?

Well, I found the one article on it that had the appalling "you people" type remarks and that's what I shared. I didn't edit out the balanced talk on Israel. I'm glad he's saying those things, and if I'd seen an article where he was quoted that way, I'd share them, because I think more people need to ask these tough questions about Israel. Given the number of times I've criticized Benjamin Netanyahu and the reflexive Israel-coddling that has become standard American foreign policy for both parties, I'd welcome any such critique from any candidate.

So kindly stuff your "didn't fit my narrative" critique up your xenophobic homogenous culture-seeking piehole.

I devoutly hope you are right. I'd like to see him mount an independent candidacy that will ensure another four years of a Democratic White House.

I think this would be a bad thing.  Dems will win the white house, pretty much no matter what.  The last thing we need is a neo-con and Trump running, because that will lead to a disaster in all the non-presidential races, because all the Repub base will come out to vote.

I think this would be a bad thing.  Dems will win the white house, pretty much no matter what.  The last thing we need is a neo-con and Trump running, because that will lead to a disaster in all the non-presidential races, because all the Repub base will come out to vote.

I'm less confident in a Democratic victory in 2016, and I'm not sure Trump will turn out loads of Republicans. If he does, I imagine he'll also turn out loads of Democrats, fearful of that clown ending up in charge.

I'm less confident in a Democratic victory in 2016, and I'm not sure Trump will turn out loads of Republicans. If he does, I imagine he'll also turn out loads of Democrats, fearful of that clown ending up in charge.

If Trump runs as an independent, it is practically impossible for the Democrats to lose the Presidency and everybody knows it. I don't see how a substantial number of people could be afraid of him ending up charge in that case.

If trump runs as an independent, I doubt he'd exceed 1% of the vote because republicans will coalesce to prevent a clinton win. An independent run also may suppress turnout about 1 percent as his most ardent supporters might prefer to stay home rather than vote for the establishment.

That's still enough to give the election to democrats, which wouldn't be to bad a trick for a former Democrat like trump to turn. Sort of a trump card! ;)

Ultimately, trump has no ground game nor campaigning infrastructure to sustain an independent run and the clock is ticking on registering on one. That's partly why he'd have such an incredibly poor result as an independent, nothing to keep supporters going on the long slog to election day.

Ultimately, trump has no ground game nor campaigning infrastructure to sustain an independent run and the clock is ticking on registering on one. That's partly why he'd have such an incredibly poor result as an independent, nothing to keep supporters going on the long slog to election day.

Perot had no ground game either, yet managed 19%.

If Trump ran as an independent, he'd get a good 5-10% or so, just from name recognition and money. He'd have a field day arguing that Establishment Republicans are no different from Hillary.

Today's Incredible Hypocrisy prize goes to Catholic hospital St. Thomas More, which is arguing, against all church doctrine, that fetuses are not legal persons.

Catholic organizations have for decades fought to change federal and state laws that fail to protect “unborn persons,” and Catholic Health’s lawyers in this case had the chance to set precedent bolstering anti-abortion legal arguments. Instead, they are arguing state law protects doctors from liability concerning unborn fetuses on grounds that those fetuses are not persons with legal rights.

Apparently, the RCC advocates for all lives, except when those lives affect the bottom line. Alas for you, lawyers and Pharisees, hypocrites that you be.

I'm at that moment where you realize most of your coworkers are pro-Trump. Shoot me!

Are you Hispanic? If so, just be patient and it will happen. If not, it's never too late to convert to Islam. 

Please tell me you are kidding.  I haven't met anyone who will admit to supporting Trump, and I live in South Carolina and work in a law firm that is mostly "Republican".

Nope. I overheard a number of them slamming Clinton because, "It's her fault that hospitals have to provide coverage for people who can't afford it," which is both inaccurate and morally bankrupt. Followed by someone saying, "Trump will fix it," and everyone else agreeing.

Please tell me you are kidding.  I haven't met anyone who will admit to supporting Trump, and I live in South Carolina and work in a law firm that is mostly "Republican".

Two of my senior nurses are ardent Trump supporters and pretty much shut down any kind of political discussion on the unit because nobody wants to start an argument.  We generally avoid those anyhow because of how closely we all have to work together, but they're a special brand of verbal about it.  Which, unfortunately, means I'm sure they're taking everyone's silence as assent, but 2am on a night turn is not when I want to be talking to my charge nurse about politics.  Plus they're just so off its impossible to even engage.  " its the democrats who wanted death panels in obamacare" was something that came up earlier, and unpacking that statement takes way more time than I'd want.  

I'm at that moment where you realize most of your coworkers are pro-Trump. Shoot me!

I drive around the state of Florida quite a bit for my job.  I'm seeing more and more Trump signs in people's yard, and Trump bumper stickers.

The best one was yesterday afternoon, a large farm had at least a 10 ft banner in front, with Trump for President on it.  And an American flag beside it.  The farm uses migrant workers at harvest times.  I'm sure all these migrant workers are legal too.

The best one was yesterday afternoon, a large farm had at least a 10 ft banner in front, with Trump for President on it.  And an American flag beside it.  The farm uses migrant workers at harvest times.  I'm sure all these migrant workers are legal too.

"Keep government out of MediCare!"

Archived