Your Random ASOIAF/TWOIAF/D&E Opinions, Confessions and Dirty Secrets, (making the) 8. [The Seven was cursed]

JonCon's Red Beard

• I think Stannis is quite cool, but I wouldn't care that much if he died.
  • I couldn't care less if Jon stayed dead.
  • I get annoyed when people say the Meereen chapters were boring: I thought they were very good at showing the realities of ruling.
  • Cleganebowl is an incredibly stupid name.
  • If we don't see an Ice Dragon in the main series I may well kill somebody.
  • I think Arya will ride a dragon, due to the foreshadowing in TPATQ.
  • None of my friends are as into ASOIAF as I am and it makes me sad.

JonCon, this is for you:

Remember how Tyrion seriously considered poisoning JonCon with the mushrooms? What if he had? Can you imagine that glorious mess? Tyrion still gets kidnapped by Jorah, so the people left in charge of the Aegon invasion, years in the making, would've been Haldon, Lemore and...Duck? I just love the chaos that arises from situations where there's no clear cut leader.

This is totally stupid, but as I sit here working I am re-listening to ASOIF on Audible and it is DRIVING ME NUTS that people keep not eating! They are either too tired, too awake, too cold or too damned emotional, mostly too damned emotional. Just eat already. Seven Hells! Good food is scarce in this world :cheers:

• I think Stannis is quite cool, but I wouldn't care that much if he died.
  • I couldn't care less if Jon stayed dead.
  • I get annoyed when people say the Meereen chapters were boring: I thought they were very good at showing the realities of ruling.
  • Cleganebowl is an incredibly stupid name.
  • If we don't see an Ice Dragon in the main series I may well kill somebody.
  • I think Arya will ride a dragon, due to the foreshadowing in TPATQ.
  • None of my friends are as into ASOIAF as I am and it makes me sad.

Yes. And I don't mean symbolically as in Jon rises and is all frostbitten from being kept in the ice cells too long and shite. :D

Lea Michele used a Khaleesi wig during the final ep. of Scream Queens :lol:

Seriously, that's the first think that came into my mind.

The second one was "maybe it's a Viserys' wig???".

JonCon, this is for you:

Remember how Tyrion seriously considered poisoning JonCon with the mushrooms? What if he had? Can you imagine that glorious mess? Tyrion still gets kidnapped by Jorah, so the people left in charge of the Aegon invasion, years in the making, would've been Haldon, Lemore and...Duck? I just love the chaos that arises from situations where there's no clear cut leader.

Aegon's plot then turns into show Dorne :lmao:

Actually, Aegon would be all "I'm the leader! I'm the King!".

Next scene is all of them in KL dungeons.

Random thought re: Jaime and Bran. I get that Jaime shoved Bran out the window because he's impulsive like that, etc, but how much easier would it have been if Jaime had made up something on the spot, like, "There was a spider in the queen's dress so she had to take it off, and then the spider jumped on my clothes too, and I also had to take them off, and then I slipped and fell on top of the queen. But you must promise you won't tell anyone because it would be soooo embarrassing for the queen, and she would get veeeery sad. Hey, I just thought of a deal I can make with you, Bran - is it Bran? I heard you wanna be a Kingsguard more than anything, and as you know, I just happen to be one. Why don't you squire for me? That's how I started, squiring for Arthur Dayne. So you go ask your lord father for permission, and I'll talk to the king about it, eh? But remember! You have to swear an oath right here, right now, that you won't mention what you saw here to a single soul, not your mother, not your father, no one. And you must not break that oath, Bran, do you understand? Kingsguard are required to keep oaths, and if you break one you cannot be a Kingsguard, yes? Very well, run along now, and tell no one about that wretched spider!"

Random thought re: Jaime and Bran. I get that Jaime shoved Bran out the window because he's impulsive like that, etc, but how much easier would it have been if Jaime had made up something on the spot, like, "There was a spider in the queen's dress so she had to take it off, and then the spider jumped on my clothes too, and I also had to take them off, and then I slipped and fell on top of the queen. But you must promise you won't tell anyone because it would be soooo embarrassing for the queen, and she would get veeeery sad. Hey, I just thought of a deal I can make with you, Bran - is it Bran? I heard you wanna be a Kingsguard more than anything, and as you know, I just happen to be one. Why don't you squire for me? That's how I started, squiring for Arthur Dayne. So you go ask your lord father for permission, and I'll talk to the king about it, eh? But remember! You have to swear an oath right here, right now, that you won't mention what you saw here to a single soul, not your mother, not your father, no one. And you must not break that oath, Bran, do you understand? Kingsguard are required to keep oaths, and if you break one you cannot be a Kingsguard, yes? Very well, run along now, and tell no one about that wretched spider!"

The promise of being a knight could have worked, but not the Spider :lol: Book 1 and 2 make painfully obvious that Bran knows very well what sex is and how it looks. It's like Martin is trying to tell us that they couldn't have fooled Bran.

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

I guess, it was Lannister pride: Lions aren't scared of spiders (especially when they have a spider grand-grand mom)

Archived