[SPOILERS] Season 6 discussion thread.

Seany2512

36 minutes ago, Lord_Ravenstone said:

Because he was already pulling away from her in ASOS so the process should've started in season 4.

Yet he's still obsessed with Cersei in the show and his character development has been stagnant for 2 seasons already. 

Slightly pulling away. But Cersei is pretty much all he could think of way into AFfC. He still needs to see her really unhinged, and this is a guy who tried to kill a kid for her, and was willing to mutilate Arya just to appease Cersei.

8 hours ago, Myself656 said:

My first observation is that thanks to the shot of Davos we now know where Sansa is in the first trailer. Note the lighting and the candelabra behind Davos with in the shot with the Mormont banners. Its the same lighting and candelabra as in the shot of Sansa from the first teaser. So I think we can confirm that Sansa is with Davos recruiting Northern Lords to the cause of destroying the Boltons.

This also pretty much confirms that Sansa makes it to The Wall after escaping since that's the only way I can think of for Sansa and Davos to meet and start traveling together. Some of the other shots of Sansa inside by firelight with the dark background definitely look like they could be at Castle Black. Heck, it wouldn't surprise me at all if her speaking lines from the trailer aren't actually to Jon... putting Jon alive in the trailer, but just outside of the camera shot. Sansa going to the Wall also pretty much kills the idea that she will be quickly reunited with Littlefinger, since he's starting out in the Vale and would have to go all the way past Winterfell to get up to where she'll be.

Good catch on that.  I didn't think that Sansa was heading back to the Vale this season and this pretty much confirms it.  

1 hour ago, The Arthur Smith said:

I wouldn't say obsessed, yet. I believe Myrcella's death will strain Jaime and Cersei's relationship and so far as we see with the trailer, Jaime doesn't look passionate when Cersei make that twincest act again.

Nope. New Cersei-Jaime clip just came out.

https://m.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/4edenz/spoilers_everything_spoilers_season_6_hbo_release/

She's still nice to him 

11 minutes ago, Lord_Ravenstone said:

Nope. New Cersei-Jaime clip just came out.

https://m.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/4edenz/spoilers_everything_spoilers_season_6_hbo_release/

She's still nice to him 

Not instantly. Jaime won't immediately distant himself from Cersei, but he will contemplate about the whole situation and how mess up it gets since Myrcella's death. I think Myrcell's death and their brief familial bond will make Jaime reconsider. 

I think when Jaime go to Riverlands, that's where he will detach himself from Cersei.

45 minutes ago, The Arthur Smith said:

Not instantly. Jaime won't immediately distant himself from Cersei, but he will contemplate about the whole situation and how mess up it gets since Myrcella's death. I think Myrcell's death and their brief familial bond will make Jaime reconsider. 

I think when Jaime go to Riverlands, that's where he will detach himself from Cersei.

Maybe but it's already a little late

They should've been doing this since the beginning of season 4 

And detaching himself from Cersei is only half his arc. The other half is about trying to become a more honorable person and his discovering that doing good feels good 

aside from giving Brienne Oathkeeper to save the Stark girls, they haven't demonstrated that 

1 hour ago, Lord_Ravenstone said:

Maybe but it's already a little late

They should've been doing this since the beginning of season 4 

And detaching himself from Cersei is only half his arc. The other half is about trying to become a more honorable person and his discovering that doing good feels good 

aside from giving Brienne Oathkeeper to save the Stark girls, they haven't demonstrated that 

It's not too late. We've still got another 20 hours of this show. The guy's stuck in King's Landing which means he's kind of limited by what good deeds he can do. He saved Brienne twice. Gave her Oathkeeper as you pointed out. He turned down his father to stay as a Kingsguard. He tried saving his brother, twice. He tried to save his daughter, someone he didn't care about before. A big problem is that we can't see inside his thoughts like in the book.

2 hours ago, GeorgeIAF said:

Everything looks good, Jaime will distance himself from Cersei when he goes to the Riverrlands.

I will never understand why people see It as  a positive thing if a father distances himself from the mother of their dead child. Actually to me this is not redeeming no matter how immoral the mother might be. The loss of a common child destroys many relationships in real life and this distancing  is not  a sign of personal growth but of inability to deal with the loss.

I did not like it in the books when Martin made Jaime throw Cersei's letter into the fire because Jaimes self esteem got blisters since she allegedly cheated on him. That was petty.

There  may be a point now for Jaime to rethink his relationship to Cersei but dumping her quickly might give the feeling of a rat abandoning the sinking  ship.

In short: I do not see why It has any redeeming quality for Jaime to turn his back on  Cersei if not over disagreements about the morality of her political actions. She is, after all, the mother of his children, giving her up when she is at her lowest point after having lost at least two children is more despicable or petty than redemptive.

On 4/11/2016 at 0:14 AM, bloodsteel bitterraven said:

I'm returning to this message board after a very long time.  So apparently the first episode spoils the books with regards to what happens to Jon.  I was quite surprised to be honest.

link to this? i cant find it anywhere. IDC about spoilers so you can PM it to me too. 

10 hours ago, GeorgeIAF said:

Everything looks good, Jaime will distance himself from Cersei when he goes to the Riverrlands.

I agree with this - I think in the early part of the season, they probably will be close.  Myrcella died in Jaime's arms as Joffrey died in Cersei's; this will bind them together as they grieve for Myrcella.  

We know from the second trailer that there is an interaction between Jaime and the High Sparrow, and that Cersei appears to tell Jaime to stand at the front of their army.  It is unclear whether she means to get Margaery back (for Tommen's sake - or, more likely - as a demonstration of the Crown's power) or for him to go to the Riverlands.  I tend to think it is the latter, but there is more than one occasion on which the trailer shows Jaime with an army.  

Regardless of Cersei sending Jaime off to the Riverlands to fight, there is also the issue of her trial and the fact that she confessed to the alleged relationship with Lancel.  Cersei may tell the High Sparrow that she lied to escape her cell, but there is no shortage of people in King's Landing to try and convince Jaime otherwise - Kevan, the High Sparrow and Lancel himself.  In Feast, Jaime stops off at Lancel's new Riverlands castle on his way to Riverrun.  Perhaps we will see a version of their conversation - in which Lancel looks for forgiveness as he confesses his desire to be Jaime - before Jaime departs for the Riverlands.  It would allow that storyline to pick up where it should be in the books. 

11 hours ago, Channel4s-JonSnow said:

Surely tensions between Cercei and Jamie have been there since he got back with one hand , I mean who's forgetting the 'rape' scene and those leading up to it.

returning from Dorne seems like the best place to have them break apart I think 

Apparently Cersei and Jaime forgot the rape scene 

11 hours ago, Woman of War said:

I will never understand why people see It as  a positive thing if a father distances himself from the mother of their dead child. Actually to me this is not redeeming no matter how immoral the mother might be. The loss of a common child destroys many relationships in real life and this distancing  is not  a sign of personal growth but of inability to deal with the loss.

I did not like it in the books when Martin made Jaime throw Cersei's letter into the fire because Jaimes self esteem got blisters since she allegedly cheated on him. That was petty.

There  may be a point now for Jaime to rethink his relationship to Cersei but dumping her quickly might give the feeling of a rat abandoning the sinking  ship.

In short: I do not see why It has any redeeming quality for Jaime to turn his back on  Cersei if not over disagreements about the morality of her political actions. She is, after all, the mother of his children, giving her up when she is at her lowest point after having lost at least two children is more despicable or petty than redemptive.

Because Cersei is an awful mother. Jaime knows that. The best thing someone could do for Tommen is split from Cersei. 

Kicking Cersei like a bad habit is finally him being free of her corruptive influence. Cersei was the drug and Jaime was addicted but he sees now how bad she's been to him as he's grown more self-aware

Archived