[SPOILERS] Season 6 discussion thread.

Seany2512

28 minutes ago, Darksky said:

A few screenshots of episode 1 have leaked, including this of Melisandre from the end of the ep

Really wish you hadn't posted that and that I hadn't looked.  That's a MAJOR spoiler.  Don't look, people!

2 minutes ago, A Bong of Ice and Fire said:

Really wish you hadn't posted that and that I hadn't looked.  That's a MAJOR spoiler.  Don't look, people!

Yes, if it's the real deal it is a MAJOR spoiler. :/

We basically knew this before (around 1:00 minute mark), but the question is, why is this relevant? Apparently Melisandre is roughly the same age as the Doom of Valyria and she used to be a slave. But why is that important? 

On 18.4.2016 at 0:10 AM, Lord Friendzone said:

I see zero point of bringing her back...unless it's Michelle Fairley. It needs that emotional punch and not some random actress no matter how good or similiar in appearance she might be.

I've never understood why some people think that the actor's identity matters. I mean, like, what does Michelle Fairley have to do with LSH's emotional punch? If they changed the actress, would anyone seriously go "OMG it's Catelyn Sta... wait... is that really Michelle Fairley? *googles* Oh no it's not, so now I care less"? Seems kind of a weird conflation of actor and role, or of the actual in-universe story and the real-world side of its production.

Kind of similar to Ilyn Payne, really. Neither character speaks, and wouldn't really need nuanced facial expressions. Ilyn Payne could have easily been recast as some more or less similar looking dude, and LSH could have been played by anyone who looks similar to Fairley, since there'd be tons of makeup and light prosthetics anyway which could be used to create a matching likeness. And that's in the case you couldn't just get Joan Allen, who could probably be made practically indistinguishable.

I totally agree that recasting can be very awkward if the character ends up changing look and feel completely (hello Daario), but I don't really understand at all why anyone would be bothered by the actor changing in a rare situation like this where the change could go basically unnoticed. :mellow:

12 minutes ago, bloodsteel bitterraven said:

Do we know if this is true?  If that person on 4chan really had the episode, why won't they provide a summary?

Sue from WotW put a warning for people to stop posting or commenting on leaked episode 1 images.

In my eye that is confirmation that it is legit.

Spoiler

Looks like there's nothing behind the necklace on the show since she didn't have it in the bathtub scene in season 4. They initially planned to have this reveal in season 4 and the bathtub scene had Melisandre talk about potions, tricks and illusions. In hindsight, she was talking about herself. It all ties nicely together.

God damn, I would agree don't view it guys major spoilers it will be enjoyed watching the episode far more, I really wish I hadn't seen this and I want to avoid the full episode summary too so no more Westeros.org or Watchersonthewall for me until Monday morning when it airs here in the UK.

6 minutes ago, JonSnowed said:

Can you at least mark as major spoilers rather than just posting the links?

I did, but I'm really annoyed by people who claim they're so weak they can't stop themselves from clicking on a spoiler.  I mean, come on now.  If you don't want to be spoiled, all you have to do is avoid a thread titled [SPOILERS].

Archived