NBA Season 2015/16 - Currying Favor

Relic

I'm in the KD to the Lakers camp. With Kobe finally coming off the books, they are going to have a ton of money to spend; even more than all the other teams with extra money from the cap continuing to go up. If the cap goes up by the expected amount, the Lakers will have $56 million in space next season, the 76ers are second with $52 million, Hornets are 3rd with $44 million, the Grizzlies are 4th with $35 million, and it keep dropping a lot from there. So they can bring in KD and pretty much any other two FAs that he wants. Plus its the city of LA and all the benefits that brings to players looking for more exposure and publicity.

I think the process was right though. If you don't have a good shot, you create one for someone else and while Calderon missed, he was wide open. 

Yeah, that's why i found it ironic =P 

I'm in the KD to the Lakers camp. With Kobe finally coming off the books, they are going to have a ton of money to spend; even more than all the other teams with extra money from the cap continuing to go up. If the cap goes up by the expected amount, the Lakers will have $56 million in space next season, the 76ers are second with $52 million, Hornets are 3rd with $44 million, the Grizzlies are 4th with $35 million, and it keep dropping a lot from there. So they can bring in KD and pretty much any other two FAs that he wants. Plus its the city of LA and all the benefits that brings to players looking for more exposure and publicity.

For the life of me, I hope you are wrong. KD as a Laker? It sends chills down my spine. I want them to rot in obscurity for a decade, at least.

Wall is definitely better than Lillard IMO. Again offense is only half of an NBA player's responsibility. 

And even if Paul or Lowry have outplayed Wall on the season, if either the Clippers or Raptors floated a trade of PGs, it's the Wizards walking away from the table first. 

That's not really the best way to gauge a player's value, though.  Wall is four years younger than Lowry and five younger than Paul, so of course the Wizards are going to covet him more than an older player.  Youth matters, as does mileage.  That doesn't mean that Wall is playing better than either guy right now, though.

For the life of me, I hope you are wrong. KD as a Laker? It sends chills down my spine. I want them to rot in obscurity for a decade, at least.

To be clear, its not something I'm hoping will happen, just something I think will happen. I don't really care where he goes, I just hope he goes somewhere. Injuries played a part, but overall I think OKC's front office (and the directives they were under from management) have squandered too large a chunk of KD's prime years.

To be clear, its not something I'm hoping will happen, just something I think will happen. I don't really care where he goes, I just hope he goes somewhere. Injuries played a part, but overall I think OKC's front office (and the directives they were under from management) have squandered too large a chunk of KD's prime years.

Same here. When I brought up the Wizard, it just seems a good fit. Young, facilitating PG, hometown, and FA's will want to play with him. So what they have now means little to nothing. In this day and age the can redo a roster in 2 years 3 at most. That being said, I'd really like to see him out of OKC and away from Westbrook. I like Westbrook, he an elite superstar unquestionably. But, he just takes too many shots and that takes away from the potential of KD. KD needs to be a clear cut #1 somewhere and D.C. is just as good as anywhere, imho.

That's not really the best way to gauge a player's value, though.  Wall is four years younger than Lowry and five younger than Paul, so of course the Wizards are going to covet him more than an older player.  Youth matters, as does mileage.  That doesn't mean that Wall is playing better than either guy right now, though.

This is the eternal debate in sports. Comes up in the NFL thread all the time. There's basically two ways to look at player value: how they're playing right now and overall who's more valuable. Andrew Luck had a terrible season...but if I'm listing top 5 QBs in the NFL, he's on that list. I've conceded Lowry and Paul have outplayed Wall thus far. 

Lowry got in shape and is playing awesome. I'd take his performance this year over Wall. Am I willing to say he's better going forward? No. 

Chris Paul has always been better than John Wall. In a year or two he won't be. 

I'm just pushing back on your notion that John Wall has fallen out of the top 20. It's like, really, 30 injury plagued games change our fundamental evaluation of a guy? Nah - John Wall is still really good. 

I'm saying that, right now, I don't think that Wall is a top twenty player.  He certainly has the potential to get back up there and likely will, but at this moment I think he's fallen outside of there.  I feel the same about Irving.  He needs to reestablish himself as an elite player right now too.

I'm saying that, right now, I don't think that Wall is a top twenty player.  He certainly has the potential to get back up there and likely will, but at this moment I think he's fallen outside of there.  I feel the same about Irving.  He needs to reestablish himself as an elite player right now too.

Cool, that's fair. Then we're on the same page. 

Ouch....nowhere to hide.

Pistons have the Spurs, then on the road against Grizz, followed by The Warriors in the Palace for their next 3 games. Could easily drop all 3 and just when they had clawed their way to within 2 games of the 2nd spot in the East.

So the Rockets are now up to 6-0 in games Ty Lawson doesn't play. Maybe he should be suspended more often? The team just seems to play better and give more effort when he's not around.

It's frustrating - the only way this team could be good enough to challenge the elite in the West is if Lawson were integrated successfully into the team. But he's so poorly integrated that they play better without him, at a level which is not good enough to really stand a chance in a playoff series. So should they try and get rid of him and try to find another difference maker (difficult at this point, especially with so few 'sellers' in the trade market this year), or stick it out and play yet more eye-bleedingly bad basketball in a quest to eventually make him part of the team? Not a particularly nice problem to have.

ST

GSW winning it all and will break the Bulls record of 72-10.

FUCK. What do you have against this team, Jack Bauer 24? 

Sorry Manhole, but I have to go and read my Necronomicon poorly, and the results for your teams future are thus:

Curry suddenly behaves like a chicken due to the hypnotist’s incompetence

Thompson is knocked unconscious by Barney after a bizarre argument at Moe's Tavern (over who was England's greatest Prime Minister, Lord Palmerston or Pitt the Elder)

Green takes an overdose of nerve tonic, resulting in an extreme case of gigantism

Iguodala is arrested and put in prison for various unsolved murders he did not commit

Barbosa disappears in the "Springfield mystery spot"

Barnes is too busy rescuing a woman and her possessions from a fire

Bogut is kicked off the team by Mr. Burns due to sideburns only he can see

Livingston is hospitalized due to radiation poisoning from the plant, having taken his token job all too seriously.

But Rush is still good to play, so there's that!

please do.

other then Curry being on the list, what issues do you have with it? 

First of all, obviously Curry is too high, yeah he is great and he is definitely top 10, but he hasnt done enough to be this high...yet.

I felt like Walt Frazier is way too low on the list, he is probably that low because he was a pretty unassuming guy on the court (and the myth that Willis Reed was the engine in game 7 of the 1970 nba finals), but he was an elite during the regular season and absolute beast during the playoffs.

Nash should be there but not higher than Kidd or Frazier, I get that he is great, but overall I do not think he is as good as them.

Please take Cousy of that list, yes I get that he won a ton of titles, but those had a lot more to do with Bill Russell being on his team. He was a lousy shooter and not much of a defender.

Speaking of D, PUT GARY PAYTON IN THERE.

First of all, obviously Curry is too high, yeah he is great and he is definitely top 10, but he hasnt done enough to be this high...yet.

I felt like Walt Frazier is way too low on the list, he is probably that low because he was a pretty unassuming guy on the court (and the myth that Willis Reed was the engine in game 7 of the 1970 nba finals), but he was an elite during the regular season and absolute beast during the playoffs.

Nash should be there but not higher than Kidd or Frazier, I get that he is great, but overall I do not think he is as good as them.

Please take Cousy of that list, yes I get that he won a ton of titles, but those had a lot more to do with Bill Russell being on his team. He was a lousy shooter and not much of a defender.

Speaking of D, PUT GARY PAYTON IN THERE.

I got zero issues with everything you just said. 

Archived