NBA Season 2015/16 - Currying Favor

Relic

In all sports when considering alltimer lists I simply measure players against their peers for that period. The creme de la creme is just that and trying to ignore various eras as if we can cram them together is kind of a immature exercise anyways. Each era has my respect and each eras players need only be compared to the players of their own era imo. 

Whats next would we deem Jesse Owens as no longer a great athlete, or Rocky Marciano now a weak puncher due to modern athletes being a bit faster and stronger by most measurements? That just misses most of the beauty of sports imo. It's like claining Franz Klammer was a slow skier, or Bobby Jones a poor golf driver.......misses the point entirely.

The people were great in those other eras in the only true way they can be measured, against all their competition at that time. The eras were and always will be invariably different and evolving, but equal in value. I myself find the early 20th century baseball era fascinating. That era of Cobb, Shoeless Joe Jackson, Cochrane, Lefty Grove, Honus Wagner, et al

Good post. If a wolf can understand such concepts, then surely so should the tiger?

What the hell is up with Indiana wearing uniforms that say "Hickory" on them?!!?

30th anniversary of Hoosiers this year. And the opportunity for the Pacers to roleplay as a team who has won more championships than them? 

30th anniversary of Hoosiers this year. And the opportunity for the Pacers to roleplay as a team who has won more championships than them? 

Didn't realize it was the 30th Anniversary of the movie... Couldn't figure out why the Pacers would be wearing throwbacks to a team they never were.

:dunno: 

Nuggets hold off the Warriors and hand them their 3rd loss, 112-110.

Got a chance to watch the 4th quarter - great ending. Nuggets built an 11 point 4th quarter lead and continued to play out of their mind with clutch shot after clutch shot down the stretch. Gallinari also had an unreal steal of Curry on a crossover in a pivotal moment. I swore the game was over like 4-5 times. And yet Curry and co. kept rising like a B-movie horror villain. Can't think of a more nightmarish team to put away than the Warriors because a flurry of impossible 3's is always on the table. 

Jimmy Butler is going bonkers against the 76ers. He currently has 53 points and they're in OT. Bulls were getting smashed earlier so good comeback...despite the fact that they're playing a D-league team.

ETA: Spurs on a run to take a late 8 point lead. The Pop/Sager pre-4th quarter interview was awesome. I know it's more of a joke now but Pop just don't care.

They know he's dating Khloe Kardashian and they feel badly for him?

Well by this logic wouldn't it be more likely the refs are protecting other players from having to touch Harden since he's likely infested with whatever Kardashian has. Harden is swimming in Odom's wake, after all.

Kind of like the Notre Dame "Play Like a Champion Today" sign,  I picture Rhom having a photo of Calipari above his front door, and as he leaves for work each day he gently touches that photo for some inspiration and luck.

Doesn't everyone?  I keep a picture in the lining of my suit coat and touch it periodically through the day as well.

Archived