why quaithe warned dany to not trust tyrion ?

ser gerold

idk. Quaithe isn't making a lot of sense here. List of people Dany shouldn't trust: Kraken (Victarion), Dark Flame (huh?), lion (Tyrion), Griffin (JonCon), the sun's son (Quentyn), the mummer's dragon (Aegon).

Not trusting Victarion is a no brainer, but why not trust Quentyn? Maybe Quaithe is referring to Doran, who almost certainly has plots he would not confide to Quentyn. That expands the possibilities to people who are in Westeros, which would make sense, as she includes JonCon and Aegon in her list. In which case, the "lion" need not be Tyrion any more than "sun's son" has to be Quentyn.

Anyhow, I think Tyrion is the lion, and not trusting him completely is a no brainer. Tyrion is unpredictable, unreliable. He's already hired a bunch of sellswords to work for him. Despite his hatred for his family, he still identifies as a Lannister. There's an excellent chance that he and Jaime will make peace. How long he would advise Dany in good faith is uncertain.

How is not trusting Victarion a no brainer? I disagree. Victarion doesn't strike me as a liar or a traitor. Whatever he's going to do, he's most likely going to be pretty straightforward about it, isn't he?

How is not trusting Victarion a no brainer? I disagree. Victarion doesn't strike me as a liar or a traitor. Whatever he's going to do, he's most likely going to be pretty straightforward about it, isn't he?

Victarion says he's going to make Dany a widow. Not a good start. And Vic also implies he's gonna marry Dany...whether she likes it or not. He's also literally attempting to take control of her dragons via a magic horn. And remember this is the guy who didn't even accept Asha as a low key Hand, so I don't think he'll settle for sitting pretty and being armcandy while Dany rules. 

He's not going to be the 2016 Bill to Dany's Hillary. He's going to be the 1998 Bill to Dany's Hillary. 

Victarion says he's going to make Dany a widow. Not a good start. And Vic also implies he's gonna marry Dany...whether she likes it or not. He's also literally attempting to take control of her dragons via a magic horn. And remember this is the guy who didn't even accept Asha as a low key Hand, so I don't think he'll settle for sitting pretty and being armcandy while Dany rules. 

He's not going to be the 2016 Bill to Dany's Hillary. He's going to be the 1998 Bill to Dany's Hillary. 

Well, I can't really deny what you are saying. I only wanted to point out that trust might not be the issue with Victarion. Should she ever find Victarion on her side, I don't think he would betray her. That's not what he does. He hasn't even betrayed Euron yet.

A couple things to remember.

All these prophecies and dreams are really just forms of manipulation. How much they are used to help we do not know for sure.

Second  Quaithe says not to trust the Lion which could be referring to other Lannisters not yet seen in play. Perhaps the mysterious Garion Lannister is slithering about from the shadows.

Not no one.

Marwyn is conspicuously absent from that list.

No mention of a Bear either now that you mention it.

LMAO

On a separate note, no 1 has yet posted that Tyrion could be 1 of Danys betrayals, I have always had a theory that he would be loyal to her for a while, become a trusted advisor or even get Viserion and would eventually betray her to save Jaime.

Not just Jaime. Maybe he doesn't want Tommen harmed as well.

He wanted to set Tommen against Myrcella and then gleefully supported a pretender seeking to depose Tommen. If he cares about the kid it ain't showing that much.  

He wanted to set Tommen against Myrcella and then gleefully supported a pretender seeking to depose Tommen. If he cares about the kid it ain't showing that much.  

He said he'd set Tommen against Myrcella, but he in fact didn't. When put in charge of his dad's vanguard, he did his best. When put in charge of KL, he again did his best. He didn't kill Joffrey. He killed his dad, but he had plenty of reasons. If it ever comes down to Jaime vs Dany, even Tommen/Myrcella/any Lannister but Cersei vs Dany, I'm not sure which he would support. Anyway, this is one reason why Dany should not trust him.

No mention of a Bear either now that you mention it.

LMAO

On a separate note, no 1 has yet posted that Tyrion could be 1 of Danys betrayals, I have always had a theory that he would be loyal to her for a while, become a trusted advisor or even get Viserion and would eventually betray her to save Jaime.

He will betray her for all the gold of Casterly Rock. (Illyrio will betray her for blood of the Blackfyre, and Aegon will betray her for love of...) 

Tyrion's goals might run counter to Quaithe's purpose- even if they were to align perfectly with Dany's.

Quathe's goals, in other words, aren't necessarily Dany's.

Who said Dany should trust Quaithe anyways?

Can't say she wasn't warned about that:

"Rakharo snorted contempt through his drooping black mustachios. “Khaleesi, better a man should swallow scorpions than trust in the spawn of shadows, who dare not show their face beneath the sun. It is known.”
“It is known,” Aggo agreed."

I don't remember exactly how that was set or presented, but I think Tyrion did it rather to keep Cersei in check. At least that's how I remember it.

Archived