why quaithe warned dany to not trust tyrion ?

ser gerold

Because he is a selfish traitorous asshole? Just a guess.

Not fully on board with you here Dave but the gist of your point is right, Tyrion can't be trusted especially when they get to the 7K because his motivations will not be Dany's and he will act on his to get revenge even if it hurts Dany's cause

i dont understand why the show made an interaction between danny and tyrion.she trusts him in the show.But in the books, why did quaithe said not to trust him.is tyrion bad?, tries to throw dany away and support young griff?.

No, well, deep down he isn't. He's just very upset and angry at the world. At the core of it, is that Tyrion, despite his anger, still loves Jaime. Those two have one of the best sibling relationships in the series, second only to Jon and Arya, imo. Jaime killed Aerys and Dany probably wants revenge. If anything, in the case, where Tyrion betrays Dany, it'd be because she goes bad, not the other way around.

He has his own agenda, as do Aegon, Quentyn, Victarion, and the few others Quaithe warned her against.

They might not be malicious towards her, but they might end up acting in ways that aren't exactly in her best interests.

All the people quaithe warned her against were dragon hungry. Quentin Victorian Jon con "aegon" Tyrion. 

Quentyn only went for the dragons once he decided he was going to save her himself, he was pretty much was always on Dany's side.

idk. Quaithe isn't making a lot of sense here. List of people Dany shouldn't trust: Kraken (Victarion), Dark Flame (huh?), lion (Tyrion), Griffin (JonCon), the sun's son (Quentyn), the mummer's dragon (Aegon).

Not trusting Victarion is a no brainer, but why not trust Quentyn? Maybe Quaithe is referring to Doran, who almost certainly has plots he would not confide to Quentyn. That expands the possibilities to people who are in Westeros, which would make sense, as she includes JonCon and Aegon in her list. In which case, the "lion" need not be Tyrion any more than "sun's son" has to be Quentyn.

Anyhow, I think Tyrion is the lion, and not trusting him completely is a no brainer. Tyrion is unpredictable, unreliable. He's already hired a bunch of sellswords to work for him. Despite his hatred for his family, he still identifies as a Lannister. There's an excellent chance that he and Jaime will make peace. How long he would advise Dany in good faith is uncertain.

No, well, deep down he isn't. He's just very upset and angry at the world. At the core of it, is that Tyrion, despite his anger, still loves Jaime. Those two have one of the best sibling relationships in the series, second only to Jon and Arya, imo. Jaime killed Aerys and Dany probably wants revenge. If anything, in the case, where Tyrion betrays Dany, it'd be because she goes bad, not the other way around.

Yes! Very good point. I would guess there will be a choice to make for Dany and/or Tyrion regarding Jaime.

"Trust none of them", she says. She isn't specifically singling out Tyrion, only formulating a general rule.

And why would she say "Trust none of them, except for Tyrion, he's a peach"? I don't recall Tyrion ever thinking "wow, Daenerys Stormborn, I wish I could live and die in her service". He's playing his own game, he has his own motivation.

idk. Quaithe isn't making a lot of sense here. List of people Dany shouldn't trust: Kraken (Victarion), Dark Flame (huh?), lion (Tyrion), Griffin (JonCon), the sun's son (Quentyn), the mummer's dragon (Aegon).

Not trusting Victarion is a no brainer, but why not trust Quentyn? Maybe Quaithe is referring to Doran, who almost certainly has plots he would not confide to Quentyn. That expands the possibilities to people who are in Westeros, which would make sense, as she includes JonCon and Aegon in her list. In which case, the "lion" need not be Tyrion any more than "sun's son" has to be Quentyn.

Anyhow, I think Tyrion is the lion, and not trusting him completely is a no brainer. Tyrion is unpredictable, unreliable. He's already hired a bunch of sellswords to work for him. Despite his hatred for his family, he still identifies as a Lannister. There's an excellent chance that he and Jaime will make peace. How long he would advise Dany in good faith is uncertain.

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't Dark Flame Moqorro?

Yup, that's the nickname he is given.

Archived