NFL 2016 Championship Week Three Rebels and the Empire

Howdyphillip

I came across this on Twitter: In 2011, a sportswriter named Jim Folsom declared that Cam Newton will be the worst QB NFL draft pick ever.

He was so sure of this he declared that:

Cam Newton is a sure-fire bust. I am so certain of this that if he is the Panthers' starting quarterback in 2016, I will buy a Cam Newton jersey and stand in the stadium parking lot in my underwear when the Panthers come to Tampa Bay and hold a sign proclaiming that Auburn rules over Florida and Carolina rules over Tampa Bay

Wow, that's bad. But he capped the article with:

In five years, when Tebow is leading Denver into the playoffs and Cam Newton is riding someone's bench, remember this article.

LMAO

8 minutes ago, Trebla said:

I came across this on Twitter: In 2011, a sportswriter named Jim Folsom declared that Cam Newton will be the worst QB NFL draft pick ever.

He was so sure of this he declared that:

Wow, that's bad. But he capped the article with:

LMAO

It gets more and more cringe-worthy every sentence you read. There's maybe 3 in the entire article that aren't demonstrably, horrifically wrong. 

ETA: Not to mention borderline racist? 

8 minutes ago, trickster said:

Denver's D line vs the Panthers OL will be an awesome matchup.

Definitely. Though Panthers D vs. Broncos offense is, what's the word, concerning? 

5 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

What does that mean anyway?

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life" 

I looked it up right after seeing it. 

Or what Manhole said.

Just now, Jaime L said:

Definitely. Though Panthers D vs. Broncos offense is, what's the word, concerning? 

One of my friends is a huge raiders fan and I'm talking him off the ledge. Carolina is a horrible matchup for Denver.

4 minutes ago, Jaime L said:

It gets more and more cringe-worthy every sentence you read. There's maybe 3 in the entire article that aren't demonstrably, horrifically wrong. 

ETA: Not to mention borderline racist? 

Yeah, it's pretty close.

As for this game: Carson Palmer is the worst.

Archived