Rant and Rave Without Repercussions - Includes Season 6 Spoilers

HexMachina

4 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

There is a Suddenly Sandor on twitter, he and Lady Sansa were flirting back and forth, and it was really funny, until the show got to them. They haven't been back since last season.

Are you going to watch Season 6

9 hours ago, HairGrowsBack said:

I'm gradually replacing the actors' image with the book description when I read (yeah I used to see the actors, mostly). They are good actors, but the show just ruined it for me.

I pictured Jaime like this and Brienne like this maybe. Which come to think of it is close enough to the show, it's just the personality that's different. Jaime is cocky in the books, funny, too. And Brienne has a sweetness about her.

I can picture the Outlander actors as the book characters because they act the same way.

24 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

I pictured Jaime like this and Brienne like this maybe. Which come to think of it is close enough to the show, it's just the personality that's different. Jaime is cocky in the books, funny, too. And Brienne has a sweetness about her.

I can picture the Outlander actors as the book characters because they act the same way.

I'll still picture most of the actors as the characters because, they're mostly well cast unfortunately they cant change the bad writing.

I truly hope some day in the next couple of decades, bbc or someone gets the rights and makes a more episode per season adaptation. When the novels are done of course and stays close to the source materials, aging actors as needed for the appropriate scenes and not aging up Tommen from 8 - 17 just for a post sex scene to satisfy the creators "titilational creativity".

5 hours ago, Le Cygne said:

I picture Jaime a little more feminine looking, and my Brienne is pretty much the same as this picture, except she has long hair.

One of the other problems I have with picturing her as GC (as much as I love her), is that to me Brienne being extremely young is important. GC is not old, but she can't pass off as a 18 year-old.

And yes, Brienne is definitely one of the sweetest characters of the books...what have you done, show ?

6 hours ago, Ruhail said:

I'll still picture most of the actors as the characters because, they're mostly well cast unfortunately they cant change the bad writing.

Finally! The forum wasn't allowing me to post for days. Something about my configuration. Yeah, I picture most of the actors as the characters too, though with Sansa it's been mostly Season 2 Sansa for Books!Sansa.

4 hours ago, HairGrowsBack said:

I picture Jaime a little more feminine looking, and my Brienne is pretty much the same as this picture, except she has long hair.

One of the other problems I have with picturing her as GC (as much as I love her), is that to me Brienne being extremely young is important. GC is not old, but she can't pass off as a 18 year-old.

And yes, Brienne is definitely one of the sweetest characters of the books...what have you done, show ?

Yeah, part of the Beauty and the Beast story is she's a virgin, she has her sexual awakening, she's awakened by the Beast (in this respect, Jaime is the Beast for Brienne, and the Hound for Sansa), of course they threw half of that away for Brienne on the show, and all of it for Sansa, sadly. Which makes it odd that they keep dropping "beauty" and "beast" hints, they destroyed both stories. All those romantic thoughts and sexy dreams they were having about the men, gone.

And these are well-loved stories. It's just incredibly sad what they've done, they stripped central character development from these characters. And they stripped away Brienne's sweetness, and they made her all about Renly, and took Sansa from a little girl telling poop jokes to seducing LF, then horrible rape, and now she's all about Rickon, or back to LF for more humiliation (that's this, "a false dichotomy between child and seductress").

And there's no romance on the show, they even stripped the sexy from Dany and Daario. They didn't kiss until late last season, whereas in the books, Dany is so into kissing Daario, just like Sansa is into kissing Sandor. No Brienne remembering naked Jaime, she was too busy watching a tower and wanting to avenge Renly. All there is is just pain and suffering, no hopes and dreams. Instead of romance, there's multiple seasons of Larry and Carol, and they can keep that.

(Oh, yeah, you are right, Brienne had long hair in the books, too. That would have been nice, too. And GC said she likes to wear her hair long, too.)

1 hour ago, Alayne's Shadow. said:

Finally! The forum wasn't allowing me to post for days. Something about my configuration. Yeah, I picture most of the actors as the characters too, though with Sansa it's been mostly Season 2 Sansa for Books!Sansa.

If I really pretend, I can sort of go there with season 2 Sansa. She's completely different than the books now, that's for sure. She's completely different from show Sansa from scene to scene, actually.

Just now, Tijgy said:

So sad this scene never made the show: 

:crying::crying:

He's got him down. And GRRM chose him for the role, after seeing that audition. They missed the audition and he said, hey, I like him. And they said sure.

It wasn't either of those that won Rory the role, however. Nor was it his performance in HOT FUZZ, a movie that I've heard good things about but never seen. His look had a lot to do with it, though. A lot of good actors auditioned for the role, and several gave really first class readings... but simply did not have the physicality the part demands. Sandor needs to be a big guy, powerful and threatening, someone who looks like he could break you in half. Rory is all of that and more.

Mostly, though, it was his readings. We had other good ones, yes, but none to touch his. One of the scenes in the side was Sandor's scene with Sansa, where he tells her how his face came to be scarred. In the space of a few lines, Rory had me terrified (where he roars, "Look at me," and makes her look at his face), made me chuckle (when he says no, the burns weren't dragonflame), and brought a tear to my eye (when he tells his story). After I saw that, I knew he was Sandor... and David, Dan, and Tom all agreed.

I think you'll going to love him as the Hound.

http://grrm.livejournal.com/109392.html

14 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

He's got him down. And GRRM chose him for the role, after seeing that audition. They missed the audition and he said, hey, I like him. And they said sure.

http://grrm.livejournal.com/109392.html

So they did not include the scene which made GRRM thought he was Sandor, which gave him the roll, where he tells Sansa why he is who is, the fist scene where Sandor and Sansa are connecting with each other? And they gave it to fucking Littlefinger! (says in this in the same tone as Rory McCann says "Look at me")

11 minutes ago, Tijgy said:

So they did not include the scene which made GRRM thought he was Sandor, which gave him the roll, where he tells Sansa why he is who is, the fist scene where Sandor and Sansa are connecting with each other? And they gave it to fucking Littlefinger! (says in this in the same tone as Rory McCann says "Look at me")

It's horrible, I'll never forgive them for that. They were blasted on twitter and Cogman replied, "The Hound/Sansa relationship is still a big part of the show." Right.

The showrunners even teased it on the commentary, "The developing relationship between these two... much more to come."

And it was so stoopid, telling Arya that Gregor sucks, when she already knew that firsthand, from Harrenhal. Sansa is the one who needed to know knights aren't all that.

He was trying to help Sansa. Damned if I can figure out what he was trying to do telling Arya. I think "You think you are on your own" was about Sansa, he revealed that with the pretty sister bit.

And the sad thing is, I think they are still going there, in a tacking it on in the end sort of way. But that's not telling a story, but all they want to do is shock.

They told Rory they wanted to bring him on gently, but he could have told his own story gently! It just makes no damn sense.

And enough with LF getting everyone's stories and lines. Who would have thought an adaptation would be this into Cersei, LF, and Ramsay. And not as villains, either.

5 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

It's horrible, I'll never forgive them for that. They were blasted on twitter and Cogman replied, "The Hound/Sansa relationship is still a big part of the show." Right.

The showrunners even teased it on the commentary, "The developing relationship between these two... much more to come."

And it was so stoopid, telling Arya that Gregor sucks, when she already knew that firsthand, from Harrenhal. Sansa is the one who needed to know knights aren't all that.

He was trying to help Sansa. Damned if I can figure out what he was trying to do telling Arya. I think "You think you are on your own" was about Sansa, he revealed that with the pretty sister bit.

Damn, he really said that didn't he ? How blind can you be regarding your own work ? Just like when they said that season 5 was still "pretty much within the books" . Have they completely lost their mind ? Is the LSD working good ? Apparently it is.

4 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

He was trying to help Sansa. Damned if I can figure out what he was trying to do telling Arya. I think the "You think you are on your own" was about Sansa, he revealed that with the pretty sister bit.

And the sad thing is, I think they are still going there, in a tacking it on in the end sort of way. But that's not telling a story, but all they want to do is shock.

Well if they couldnt even get Catelyn and Sansa are among two characters they've really missed the mark and point on, Cat represents the mother and Sansa the maiden but none of that means anything because the audience is too stupid right?

3 minutes ago, Lady of Butterflies said:

I'm excited (I know I shouldn't).  I expect they finally give some storyline to her.

She is also in the books a part of Bran's storyline? So it would to see her having an entire own storyline? Still I hope they will address her grief of her brother's death. They cannot just ignore that. 

Still ... Meera/Ellie Kendrick :wub: I am excited too. I was really worried we would not see her. So I am happy too.And Liam Cunningham was hilarious in the clip. (I actually tried to compete but I think it is only for people living in the USA ... there goes my chance to burn the iron throne.) 

Archived