Rant and Rave Without Repercussions - Includes Season 6 Spoilers

HexMachina

Preston: "And then we have this scene with Stannis and Shireen, and it is absolutely incredible. I mean, it is the most powerful, incredible, touching scene that I've seen in Game of Thrones. It's absolutely, positively impossible not to root for Stannis at this point. One thing GRRM has not done well is establishing Stannis as an unlikeable character. Everyone in Westeros supposedly finds Stannis unlikeable, and yet a lot of book readers love Stannis. He's strong, clever, kinda funny in a weird way, and yet he supposedly doesn't inspire anyone. And so I like how the show has just decided "You know what? We're gonna make him a hero".

D&D: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

4 minutes ago, LazyBazooka said:

Preston: "And then we have this scene with Stannis and Shireen, and it is absolutely incredible. I mean, it is the most powerful, incredible, touching scene that I've seen in Game of Thrones. It's absolutely, positively impossible not to root for Stannis at this point. One thing GRRM has not done well is establishing Stannis as an unlikeable character. Everyone in Westeros supposedly finds Stannis unlikeable, and yet a lot of book readers love Stannis. He's strong, clever, kinda funny in a weird way, and yet he supposedly doesn't inspire anyone. And so I like how the show has just decided "You know what? We're gonna make him a hero".

Why do they have to do this? :(

That guy was great.  And actually, even though he's wrong about Stannis...that would have been a pretty good story the one he came up with....that obviously half his men didn't disappear, they left as part of a plan....he's in the woods for a reason...[again another nice catch of lack of continuity].  He will be sad when he finds out Stannis is much deader than Jon Snow.

3 minutes ago, Stannis is the man....nis said:

I just saw the episode 9 review oh f**k D&D I never knew they were actually on the Long Lake. Just f**k you D&D

Right?!  It's almost so obviously insane to have that shot in there that you could convince yourself Stannis isn't dead, except that we have seen so many obviously insane continuity flaws...that this is 99.9% another one.  

19 minutes ago, Stannis is the man....nis said:

I just saw the episode 9 review oh f**k D&D I never knew they were actually on the Long Lake. Just f**k you D&D

Wow that just makes it even worse >______< all that resolve at Storms end for nothing

49 minutes ago, LazyBazooka said:

That was pretty much every Stan fan at that point :crying:

37 minutes ago, Ruhail said:

That was pretty much every Stan fan at that point :crying:

I wasn't fooled. There is no way if you watched their inside the episodes stuff and heard them talk about Stannis you'd ever doubt that D&D detest Stannis.  You know this because they constantly attribute negative characteristics to Stannis that he doesn't have either on the show or in the books.

The primary example of this is saying Stannis is stubborn and rigid and nobody can change his mind. Meanwhile Stannis changes mind constantly on the show. (Davos changes his mind about bringing Melisandre with him to BW in season 2. Changes his mind about executing Daavos in season 3. Changes his mind about burning Shireen day after he said he'd never do it)

52 minutes ago, The Scabbard Of the Morning said:

I wasn't fooled. There is no way if you watched their inside the episodes stuff and heard them talk about Stannis you'd ever doubt that D&D detest Stannis.  You know this because they constantly attribute negative characteristics to Stannis that he doesn't have either on the show or in the books.

The primary example of this is saying Stannis is stubborn and rigid and nobody can change his mind. Meanwhile Stannis changes mind constantly on the show. (Davos changes his mind about bringing Melisandre with him to BW in season 2. Changes his mind about executing Daavos in season 3. Changes his mind about burning Shireen day after he said he'd never do it)

I was a damn fool and should've known better.

They made it seem like he was a jilted lover, too (DVD commentary):

Weiss: To see them reacting almost like a jilted boyfriend, ex-girlfriend dynamic really kind of dimensionalized them, I think.

Benioff: As so often the case, the actors often do more with the non-dialogue bits. You know, we write the dialogue, but so many of their expressions just come from them. And there's a moment here where he's basically confessing his love for her and her look of pity, it's just the absolutely last thing that a man like Stannis Baratheon ever wants to see is pity.

Stannis: I want you.

Weiss: Here it comes.

Benioff: He kind of senses it, don't want to see that look ever. Ouch.

Weiss: Poor dear.

Melisandre: Your fires are burning low, my king.

Benioff: You don't want to hear that, either.

12 hours ago, Le Cygne said:

Does Mel even have red hair anymore? Seemed like it was black for a while there.

And there was no point to Fansa changing her hair color. Everyone knew who she was.

And the bold brings me to... why on earth did Myranda tell Sansa that 'it's good that see the red again, there's no need to keep your hair dyed anymore" in the bath scene. 

12 hours ago, Le Cygne said:

And there was no point to Fansa changing her hair color. Everyone knew who she was.

She changed it to showcase her new 'player' moves and in the process ended up burning her brain. That's the best explanation I've found for her 180 personality reset at the beggining of the season. From "Devil I know" to "I'll trust you enough to marry the family that killed mine because you told me to."

Archived