Rant and Rave Without Repercussions - Includes Season 6 Spoilers

HexMachina

18 minutes ago, Tijgy said:

I actually see it just as a lack of courage or (of a lack of reading comprehension). Tyrion is not somebody who is completely evil but he is at the same time certainly no Saint and has certain dark sides. And even when he did not rape Sansa, I believe his behaviour during their wedding was completely disgusting. He literally shamed Sansa by his remarks (who were sexually tinted).

His remarks? He made her strip and groped her breast.

Spoiler

GRRM takes this up again in Mercy.

And Bobono’s cock was indeed flopping out. It was made to flop out, for the rape. What a hideous thing, Mercy thought... the thing was a mottled pink and white, with a bulbous head the color of a plum. Mercy pushed it back into Bobono’s breeches and laced him back up. “Mercy,” he sang as she tied him tight, “Mercy, Mercy, come to my room tonight and make a man of me.”
“I’ll make a eunuch of you if you keep unlacing yourself just so I’ll fiddle with your crotch.”
“We were meant to be together, Mercy,” Bobono insisted. “Look, we’re just the same height.”
“Only when I’m on my knees.”...
With that, he grabbed at her chest, fumbling for a nipple. “You have no titties. How can I rape a girl with no titties?”
She caught his nose between her thumb and forefinger and twisted. “You’ll have no nose until you get your hands off me.”
“Owwwww,” the dwarf squealed, releasing her.
“I’ll grow titties in a year or two.” Mercy rose, to tower over the little man. “But you’ll never grow another nose. You think of that, before you touch me there.”

3 hours ago, Tijgy said:

I actually wonder: 

did they casted Nathalie Dormer (Anne Boleyn in the tudors) because they wanted to have a scheming femme fatale? Or did they casted Nathalie Dormer and thought wait Anne Boleyn and made as consequence Marg as scheming femme fatale? Wait was first? :idea:

That and since she got fully naked in the Tudors, they knew she would do nudity if she wanted the part on AGOT. That is why she was cast. I think any woman over the legal age that auditions for a part on GOT MUST be willing to do nudity to be even considered by the showrunners.

6 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

His remarks? He made her strip and groped her breast.

I did write that first too but it looks like I forgot to mention it in the end. But I wanted to point out here that at the feast itself he really said disgusting things about her that were sexual tinted (and then you have indeed his sexual assault at the end of the evening). 

For example ... when he says: "Come, wife, time to smash your portcullis. I want to play come-into-the-castle. Why the hell Tyrion :ack:

3 minutes ago, Tijgy said:

I did write that first too but it looks like I forgot to mention it in the end. But I wanted to point out here that at the feast itself he really said disgusting things about her that were sexual tinted (and then you have indeed his sexual assault at the end of the evening). 

Gotcha. I added the Mercy stuff.  Love what GRRM did there...

12 minutes ago, LazyBazooka said:

If I remember correctly, wasn't the whore Tyrion meets sitting around being sad that everyone wanted to fuck the Dany-lookalike whore instead of her? Isn't she supposed to be a sex slave

Yeah, more of the Happy Hooker stuff. Hookers and sex slaves are so happy to give teh sex to anyone and everyone.

It would not have mattered if Sansa allowed Tyrion to consummate the marriage. Roose did not care, he needed his son, Ramsay to get a child off a Stark girl. So, by their own contradicted writing, Sansa not appreciating Tryion did not matter but to humiliate her. In the books, her obedience to the Lannisters ends with Ned's beheading. On the show, it continues with all of her "owners". It St Tyrion wanted to consummate the marriage with Sansa, she would have, she was already stripping for him. They just hate the book character of her (D&D) but they cannot change that, so they punish the show version and seemingly enjoy it. Well, season 5 went too far and now they have changed things it appears that not even they intended, thus, making Sansa really go "off rail".

Book!Tyrion repairs to his chambers in the company of Sansa, on their wedding night, whereupon she soundly rejects him: It took all the courage that was in her to look in those mismatched eyes and say, "And if I never want you to, my lord?" 

His mouth jerked as if she had slapped him. "Never?"

Her neck was so tight she could scarcely nod.

"Why," he said, "that is why the gods made whores for imps like me." He closed his short blunt fingers into a fist, and climbed down off the bed.

Show!Tyrion repairs to his chambers in the company of Sansa, on their wedding night, whereupon she soundly rejects him (?): And now my watch begins (raising his glass to her...)

Well. How noble of you St. Tyrion. No discontentment, no self-deprecation. Just placid approval. Cooties.

And then the poop jokes after. I can't even look at the picture where she's poop joking without barfing. Now I can't look at Larry without barfing, every other second, he's fucking his sister. Thanks, show.

The one thing the show was good for, after they destroyed everything else, was the pictures. You might get a few pictures to illustrate some book scenes here and there. Put the proper lines with the scenes.

Now there's not even that. There's no photoshop that could take away Mel's boobs from Jon's face.

I cannot help but bear down on the admirers who adamantly maintain Larry will give Carol the cold shoulder in the seduction scene ahead. :lol: 

Like he was hard-pressed to come up with a reasonable plan to rescue Myrcella from beyond the pale of fail-deadly deferrence, so he messed up, but under no circumstances are we to deduce from the latest sequence of events he should have any compunction about dissolving a long-standing affair. 

In light of all that Carol has been forced to endure, he might too have to thank the Seven he's still the one she will want to turn to for fucking comfort... 

4 minutes ago, Étoile du Soir said:

I cannot help but bear down on the admirers who adamantly maintain Larry will give Carol the cold shoulder in the seduction scene ahead. :lol: 

Like he was hard-pressed to come up with a reasonable plan to rescue Myrcella from beyond the pale of fail-deadly deferrence, so he messed up, but under no circumstances are we to deduce from the latest sequence of events he should have any compunction about dissolving a long-standing affair. 

In light of all that Carol has been forced to endure, he might too have to thank the Seven he's still the one she will want to turn to for fucking comfort... 

Is that what they excuse makers are up to now? They are the only ones that matter, he says to her in groveling position. And she's all, Come to me, my thrall, and he's going to say no? :lol:

The funny thing is, they insist on showing them fucking over and over again, when Lena refuses to take off her shirt, and they've only shown NCW's butt once in five seasons. (And he's not at all shy about taking it off in his movies.)

1 hour ago, Étoile du Soir said:

Book!Tyrion repairs to his chambers in the company of Sansa, on their wedding night, whereupon she soundly rejects him: It took all the courage that was in her to look in those mismatched eyes and say, "And if I never want you to, my lord?" 

His mouth jerked as if she had slapped him. "Never?"

Her neck was so tight she could scarcely nod.

"Why," he said, "that is why the gods made whores for imps like me." He closed his short blunt fingers into a fist, and climbed down off the bed.

Show!Tyrion repairs to his chambers in the company of Sansa, on their wedding night, whereupon she soundly rejects him (?): And now my watch begins (raising his glass to her...)

Well. How noble of you St. Tyrion. No discontentment, no self-deprecation. Just placid approval. Cooties.

Don't forget that the show made Sansa start to strip for him and was going to let him until he raised his hand for her to stop. Humiliating Sansa rather than Tyrion as it was meant to be. She was a prisoner, not a ward. A prisoner of war who was force into marrying a deformed degenerate dwarf but in the show, they washed much of that off of him to make Sansa the bad guy/gal.

Oh yeah, that made me sick, too. She was like, let's get to it! In the books, she cleverly made him order her to do it.

Oh, and you want to get really sick, the outside the episode. Benioff goes on and on about the proud man she doesn't want.

So it's like, here, this is why we present everything from his perspective, instead of hers. This is why she smiles at him before and tells poop jokes after. To spare the proud man.

The symbolism of bending the knee, GRRM hammers in repeatedly - Tyrion tells her he won't send her back until Robb bends the knee, Sansa refuses to bend the knee, Tyrion says damn Sansa for not bending the knee.

In the books, she thinks, why should I consider his feelings, when no one is considering mine?

And Benioff proceeds to consider his feelings and not consider hers.

In the books, this is so wonderfully complex. Of course Sansa hurts Tyrion's pride by not kneeling, but such small acts of defiance are what allow her to keep her pride in captivity. Later, without witnesses, Tyrion eventually manages to overcome his hurt pride and see Sansa as victim, as someone he would break and rob of even these small acts that serve Sansa to remain herself, by bedding her. 

And him not consumating the marriage pisses Tywin off, something Tyrion likes to do. :) Another act of defiance. He had to rape Tysha, but he won't rape Sansa.

The only thing I really like about that situation is that Sansa goes "praying" the whole time in the godswood. Wow, she is really pious, isn't she Tyrion? 

The worst thing about Sansa's story is that they took all her acts of deviance away from her and even let out the fact she was involved in her escape plan (behind Tyrion's back ... wait, a fourteen year girl cannot be smarter than him of course :dunno:

And the worst thing is ... because Sansa was not making plans with Dontos, she could tell nobody about her plan to escape KL by marrying Willas Loras. So they had to invent Olyvar (the squire? the pimp?) who like Dontos works for LF and created a relation between Olyvar and Loras (when the sun has set no candle can replace it) so that Loras could tell this secret to Olyvar with as result that Olyvar could give the information to LF ... wait, did I just find the reasoning behind D&D's madness? 

The question is still why could they not make Sansa and Dontos planning an escape? What is the reasoning behind this? Did they not want Tyrion being outsmarted? Did they not want Sansa going against the Lannisters (which she did a little in the show)? Mmm, why did they chose this? 

If I remember correctly, wasn't the whore Tyrion meets sitting around being sad that everyone wanted to fuck the Dany-lookalike whore instead of her? Isn't she supposed to be a sex slave?

Yeah, more of the Happy Hooker stuff. Hookers and sex slaves are so happy to give teh sex to anyone and everyone.

Again, the books make plain how wretched it is to be a sex slave in Essos, and that's far more realistic.

49 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

Oh yeah, that made me sick, too. She was like, let's get to it! In the books, she cleverly made him order her to do it.

Oh, and you want to get really sick, the outside the episode. Benioff goes on and on about the proud man she doesn't want.

So it's like, here, this is why we present everything from his perspective, instead of hers. This is why she smiles at him before and tells poop jokes after. To spare the proud man.

The symbolism of bending the knee, GRRM hammers in repeatedly - Tyrion tells her he won't send her back until Robb bends the knee, Sansa refuses to bend the knee, Tyrion says damn Sansa for not bending the knee.

In the books, she thinks, why should I consider his feelings, when no one is considering mine?

And Benioff proceeds to consider his feelings and not consider hers.

EXACTLT! Why, it makes D&D look, well.... sexist, elitist ..... other things too.

31 minutes ago, Gabriele said:

In the books, this is so wonderfully complex. Of course Sansa hurts Tyrion's pride by not kneeling, but such small acts of defiance are what allow her to keep her pride in captivity. Later, without witnesses, Tyrion eventually manages to overcome his hurt pride and see Sansa as victim, as someone he would break and rob of even these small acts that serve Sansa to remain herself, by bedding her. 

And him not consumating the marriage pisses Tywin off, something Tyrion likes to do. :) Another act of defiance. He had to rape Tysha, but he won't rape Sansa.

Actually, at the wedding feast of Joff, Tyrion is determined to take Sansa that night and admits that she will cry and be upset but she will in his mind, get over it.  The assasination and the Dontos escape/LF trap is the only thing that saves her from that, inadvertently I must add.

4 minutes ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

Actually, at the wedding feast of Joff, Tyrion is determined to take Sansa that night and admits that she will cry and be upset but she will in his mind, get over it.  The assasination and the Dontos escape/LF trap is the only thing that saves her from that, inadvertently I must add.

:ack:

20 minutes ago, Tijgy said:

The only thing I really like about that situation is that Sansa goes "praying" the whole time in the godswood. Wow, she is really pious, isn't she Tyrion? 

The worst thing about Sansa's story is that they took all her acts of deviance away from her and even let out the fact she was involved in her escape plan (behind Tyrion's back ... wait, a fourteen year girl cannot be smarter than him of course :dunno:

And the worst thing is ... because Sansa was not making plans with Dontos, she could tell nobody about her plan to escape KL by marrying Willas Loras. So they had to invent Olyvar (the squire? the pimp?) who like Dontos works for LF and created a relation between Olyvar and Loras (when the sun has set no candle can replace it) so that Loras could tell this secret to Olyvar with as result that Olyvar could give the information to LF ... wait, did I just find the reasoning behind D&D's madness? 

The question is still why could they not make Sansa and Dontos planning an escape? What is the reasoning behind this? Did they not want Tyrion being outsmarted? Did they not want Sansa going against the Lannisters (which she did a little in the show)? Mmm, why did they chose this? 

Yes, she is defiant when it is appropriate, to send a message, without losing courtessy and charm but is defiant none the less after they kill her father. She changed after that. The show refused to allow that. Instead they made her a submissive, traitor to her family and their memories time and time again. Season 5, she said to LF I will kill myself when she thought she was having to marry Roose Bolton but was ok with marrying his son and potentially carrying the Bolton family heir, thereby solidifying their treason against her own house. It is outrageous but like I said, they make Sansa as dumb as possible and never miss an opportunity to punish her humiliatingly for it every time. Yeah, at the end of Season 4, she thought she had LF wrapped around her finger, then, sometime between season, he arranged to pimp her out to a worse family than the Lannsisters and it would cost her her virginity and her dignity. "Silly Sansa, you think you are so smart, ha, we will show you."

Archived