Rant and Rave Without Repercussions - Includes Season 6 Spoilers

HexMachina

I just want to say that I have been a beaming ray of sunshine all day long because Ian McShane said the show is just... :lmao:... "tits and dragons."

That has been my response to everything incidental. "Aah, don't worry, honey pie. It's just tits and dragons."

So, now I am off to "get a fucking life." :lmao:(I love this one too)

I think I figured out my Halloween costume for this year

th?id=OIP.Mbf9f78cf9a1959da165b1c3f06416

25 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

I just want to say that I have been a beaming ray of sunshine all day long because Ian McShane said the show is just... :lmao:... "tits and dragons."

That has been my response to everything incidental. "Aah, don't worry, honey pie. It's just tits and dragons."

So, now I am off to "get a fucking life." :lmao:(I love this one too)

I think I figured out my Halloween costume for this year

th?id=OIP.Mbf9f78cf9a1959da165b1c3f06416

HA!  That's awesome!  I love McShane!  He simply gives.no.shits and just says whatever.  And "tits and dragons" is the perfect description!  It's too bad it's all turned out this way but it's very easy to understand big-name actors signing on to this project.  It's a huge cultural phenomena.  But actors like Sydow and McShane are doing it right - getting in and out relatively fast (or with relatively little screen time/work) but grabbing a bit of that cultural "cache" for themselves along the way.  I think it's understandable.  Hell, I'd do the same in their place.

:lmao: at McShane's "tits and dragons"... love it!

This is a rant about Bran's S4 arc, because I'm writing a new chthonic essay regarding Ned Stark, Winterfell, the North and beyond the Wall, and how the Targs and maesters messed with the Starks and the Night's Watch... "Good Queen Alysanne" particularly messed it up with the New Gift and Deep Lake in order to have the NW abandon the Nightfort. And I'm picking my quotes about the "Black Gate" and I think again... No Black Gate... only a secret sally port. Why?!!!

D&D are worse than those grey rats who love to write out everything magical out of Westeros.

At the very least McShane ought to be able to say, it's just "tits, dragons, direwolves and magical weirwood."

On 3/8/2016 at 5:10 PM, Tijgy said:

So they are trolling me/us by giving me the impression my favorite character is dead. That is so nice. He might indeed be just standing there so ... I must not be completely despair but I must prepare myself? (BTW I saw no eyes and no breathing).

I looked at the trailer again, not sure if we ever resolved this, but Rover is definitely breathing...

tumblr_o3qnv3XDkK1qm2wiko3_540.gif

7 hours ago, aFeastForDragons said:

You mean like S5? 

Kind of. S5 was already worse than S1-S4, which I found a very good (in parts perfect) adaption. I just fear S6 is going to continue on the trajectory S5 turned (i.e. controversy&action instead of a great adaption characterized by great dialogue, interestingly portrayed character development and an intelligently adapted story). 

I am not a book worm and not particularly into fantasy at all (even though I devoured every Tolkien book, but that's so mainstream that it doesn't count as fantasy^^). But I love and deeply appreciate ASOIF and I'd say it definitely enriched my life. This is why I am kinda "dramatic" about it and sad about the ruined version I project we will all have to be satisfied with once the show is over and it becomes clear that GRRM won't finish the book (even if he finishes, it will be so far in the future that we all will have grandkids by then).

Admittedly, I am overly pessimistic [due to experience with S5 of GOT and GRRM's writing speed - or lack thereof] and let's hope "I am probably wrong about half of this" ^^

21 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

I looked at the trailer again, not sure if we ever resolved this, but Rover is definitely breathing...

tumblr_o3qnv3XDkK1qm2wiko3_540.gif

Good catch. When I cover the sword swinging side I can see the little breathes. Still wondering what Davos is apologizing for??? 

And note to self... Stay away from the tv fanboy threads. They are maddening. 

Just now, The Fattest Leech said:

Good catch. When I cover the sword swinging side I can see the little breathes. Still wondering what Davos is apologizing for??? 

And note to self... Stay away from the tv fanboy threads. They are maddening. 

I think maybe because he's a bad fighter. All the men in the room are gearing up for a fight, probably with the ones breaking down the door.

2 minutes ago, Prince of the North said:

Or...could Davos be apologizing to someone present (Mel, maybe?) because some killin' is about to commence?

Pretty sure its what La Cygne said.  That feels like the context to me, though its either ironic (or shitty writing) that Davos is apologizing to Men of the Night's Watch about being a back-alley street fighter, all things considered.

Thank god they remembered that Davos should be fighting with his left hand since his right hand is missing fingers. They also remembered that Theon is missing fingers too, but I'm sure that won't stop him from fighting once he leads his army.

Just now, A_Cornered_Wolf said:

Pretty sure its what La Cygne said.  That feels like the context to me, though its either ironic (or shitty writing) that Davos is apologizing to Men of the Night's Watch about being a back-alley street fighter, all things considered.

True.  The vast majority of present NW members are not nobility and, thus, back-alley street fighters, at best, themselves.

1 hour ago, Le Cygne said:

I think maybe because he's a bad fighter. All the men in the room are gearing up for a fight, probably with the ones breaking down the door.

In actuality this is what I think too. 

The other side of me thinks he is apologizing for the Mel Burlesque show that is about to happen...again. 

6 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

In actuality this is what I think too. 

The other side of me thinks he is apologizing for the Mel Burlesque show that is about to happen...again. 

The resurrection erection ceremony. I called it in earlier threads. It will bring Jon back and produce a shadow baby that will go to Winterfell and kill Roose.

1 minute ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

The resurrection erection ceremony. I called it in earlier threads. It will bring Jon back and produce a shadow baby that will go to Winterfell and kill Roose.

That is hilarious :D. I missed it when you said it before. I wonder if GoT will have a sound effects budget this year? 

6 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

That is hilarious :D. I missed it when you said it before. I wonder if GoT will have a sound effects budget this year? 

thanks, who knows but Roose is gonna be taken out somehow and I think that is how it may go down. Jon's honor will not be questioned, Mel would be basically raping him, necrophelia so D&D can check that off their list too. Jon and Sansa can bond later over it I am sure, in their minds anyway.

On 08/03/2016 at 7:41 AM, Le Cygne said:

A blur of who gives a shit... I saw Mel taking off her clothes, Larry and Carol's epic love story, Dany's story all about men, etc. As expected.

Oh, gross, show, seriously. Who the hell do you think wants to see Larry and Carol having sex again? Could they be any more out of touch.

This I don't get. The showrunner's loved King Bob, so they don't find Cersei's adultery sympathetic because she is trapped in a loveless, violent marriage (which is why I would find Cersei sympathetic)... yet they view Cersei and Jaime as a great love story, despite the revolting incest.

Also still don't understand why they have Cersei and Jaime mixed up.

Archived