Rant and Rave Without Repercussions - Includes Season 6 Spoilers

HexMachina

Personally, I subscribe to the theory that the Shavepate is the "Harpy" (if there's such thing as a centralized leader to the Harpy insurrection).

Shitty version and all, the show seems to back up all of us who don't pick the "obvious" options of Hizdahr or Daario.

Really, the Meereen plot is far from boring to me. I very much look forward to the chess game Barristan, Victarion, Tyrion, Moqorro and all the rest are playing, and the aftermath Dany will face.

But the show leaving it to the bare bones is somehow an "improvement" just for having crappy fanfic dialogues between Khaleesi and St. Tyrion. Sigh.

1 minute ago, JonCon's Red Beard said:

I wanted a H/D sex scene in the show... considering they weren't actually very excited about the thing... you know, with their phobia to consensual sex. But alas... they didn't.

Yeah, if they didn't go there with these two, they never will. Could have been good...

1 minute ago, Le Cygne said:

Yeah, if they didn't go there with these two, they never will. Could have been good...

The actress that plays Daenrys has portion of her contract limiting sex and nudity.  Kinda weird considering this is her only real show and they hired her right out of acting school. You might think she would be more thankful and just do what they ask...

Emilia:

I was followed into a party by a journalist who asked me a question about female empowerment and then quoted me entirely out of context for an outlet I didn’t agree to speak with.
So I feel now, with the beauty of Instagram I should clarify my statements, if for nothing else than for posterity.
In drama, if a nude scene forwards a story or is shot in a way that adds insight into characters, I’m perfectly fine with it. Sometimes explicit scenes are required and make sense for the characters/story, as they do in Westeros.
If it’s gratuitous for gratuitous sake, then I will discuss with a director on how to make it more subtle. In either case, like a good Mother of Dragons, I’m always in control.

https://www.instagram.com/p/7shoBno1Np/

5 minutes ago, GrapefruitPerrier said:

The actress that plays Daenrys has portion of her contract limiting sex and nudity.  Kinda weird considering this is her only real show and they hired her right out of acting school. You might think she would be more thankful and just do what they ask...

I can't blame her, though. She doesn't want to be put in the 'Naked and Sex' corner once the show is over. 

She's beautiful. And they are beautiful together.

6 minutes ago, JonCon's Red Beard said:

Consensual sex is for Vikings and Outlanders.

Yeah, where the characters seem real.

But hey. Larry and Carol, anyone? Yarasha and Qarla the Maid?

He was actually kind of hot in the show.

Not like this, though...

tumblr_npn2wlKi6U1qal0zgo1_500.gif

tumblr_npn2wlKi6U1qal0zgo2_500.gif

I wanted a H/D sex scene in the show... considering they weren't actually very excited about the thing... you know, with their phobia to consensual sex. But alas... they didn't.

In the Show, Hizdahr was basically wed at sword point, so a sex scene should have appealed to HBO.

Archived