NFL 2016: Super Bowl in Memory of John Fox

Maithanet

So this MVP thing is nice. I guess. The booing is kinda sad. 

Did they boo anyone besides Patriot players?

The Seahawk player was booed as well.

Yet another reason I hate the Patriits...Because of the 2001 team running out as a single unit after the Rams introduced individual players, all of the personwl introductions to the field have stopped. Thes guys deserve to run on the field with their names announced

So, I know I'm late but... work is very busy (some day I'll tell people the really harsh cases I am dealing with right now) 

Denver's D is soooooo much better than it was two years ago (when von Miller was suspended for 4 games for trying to evade the drug testing program for PEDs... probably not relevant, right?)  They can do almost anything there.  They stopped the Pats twice; they were easily the best team in the AFC this season.  Further, the secondary matches well against the Panthers receiving corps.  Strangely, this match-up favors the Broncos in many areas.  

The one area they may be screwed on is Cam Newton.  Is that relevant?  Seems relevant.  If Newton runs and throws as he has over the last 16 weeks... fuck balls everyone.  The Broncos D cannot play Newton the way it did the Pats where they could get pressure through a depleted O-Line with 3 or 4 rushers.  They need to defend the run, watch for Newton's scrambles and defend down-field.  These were not worries against Brady and the Pats.  These things will hamper the Broncos D.  However, the Broncos' D is the best it has been all season.  It could work out for Denver.

The Broncos on O is going to be ... difficult.  The Panthers have one of the top D's in football and Peyton has struggled all season.  Sure, the Broncos have erased large deficits during the season, but a few of those were with Osweiller.  Manning looked ... okay against the Pats in the first half; fucking awful in the second.  I hope his wife's PED shipments help him after the game.  

The Pantehrs D will feast on him all game and destroy that running game. Sure, the D can play arrogantly and let teams back into games, but when push comes to shove it has never mattered all season, even against the Seahawks.  

I think Denver can win; if that D gets a turnover or two; if they can hamper Newton; stop the running game, avoid bad plays up field on long passes; and if Manning can get some quick strikes... they could pull ahead late and win the game.  That can definitely happen.

It just won't.  Panthers are better on O by a GIGANTIC degree and their D's are almost as good as one another; that match-up favors the Panthers.  I think Carolina can do it all and they will on Denver.  As the game requires Manning to do more, he does less and less. 

Panthers 31, Denver: 20. 

And they boo'd Pats players ... just love it.  I remember when I said that the Pats were hated by the rest of the NFL and people came at me with a vengeance.  Why do I bother being right?

6 minutes ago, Rockroi said:

And they boo'd Pats players ... just love it.  I remember when I said that the Pats were hated by the rest of the NFL and people came at me with a vengeance.  Why do I bother being right?

BOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Glad to help prove you are correct ;).

PFM is moving them right down the field, kind of surprising.

4 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

The old man was putting some nice zip on the ball prior to those last two tosses. McManus on the board...

McManus_zpst6tfhzup.gif

When Ronnie Hillman is on the field, I blame no other player for anything that happens. Evan Mathis could turn around and tackle the kid himself, and I'd still blame Hillman.

He should have come back to the ball on the 2nd down pass, and the 3rd down was a 100% checkdown.

Archived