Ok Ladies, Robert or Rhaegar?

DigUpHerBones

Ok, so I'm betrothed to Robert, a man who I am positive will fool around behind my back. And Rhaegar sees me outside of Harrenhal, and offers me to come with him. Remember, he is the Prince. If anybody could sever my betrothal to Robert, it's him. But on the other hand, he is married, and he totally disgraced his wife in my name.. It seems like he isn't any better than Robert. But the prospect of living at Storms End with a man who sleeps around, sounds awful. And going somewhere new and exciting with a royal, and totally forgetting those unfavorable marriage plans, sounds a lot more like what a sixteen year old girl would choose. But I won't stay with rhaegar, I will run away once we reach dorne, and cross the narrow sea and find a man whom I choose..

But then she chose rhaegar, cuz, you know, he's charming and all that.

40 minutes ago, The Bad Wolf said:

Why is everyone implying that Robert would have been unfaithful to Lyanna? Wasn't his alcoholism and cheating Cersei caused by the fact, that Lyanna was the only woman he ever truly loved?

Robert did not love Lyanna hell he didn't even know her. 

And Robert has always been excessive in sleeping around. Just cause Robert supposedly loved Lyanna doesn't mean that it would cure him of his whoring. 

Just now, The Wolves said:

And Robert has always been excessive in sleeping around. Just cause Robert supposedly loved Lyanna doesn't mean that it would cure him of his whoring. 

Rhaegar was a cheater too. Men are allowed to cheat in their world. It's not fair, but that's the way it is.

1 hour ago, The Bad Wolf said:

Why is everyone implying that Robert would have been unfaithful to Lyanna? Wasn't his alcoholism and cheating Cersei caused by the fact, that Lyanna was the only woman he ever truly loved?

Because he's a sleaze..

19 minutes ago, The Bad Wolf said:

Well, the fact that he managed to sleep with every woman in a brothel while 'the only woman he ever loved' was supposedly getting raped says something. And not a good something. Robert also already had a reputation for drinking. Now, I personally think that he might have stayed faithful... for a while. But eventually he'd get drunk, sleep with someone else and it would just escalate from there. If he wasn't caught, maybe he'd confess and Lyanna would be furious. Or maybe he'd conceal it and it would happen again. Either way, their relationship would deteriorate.

1 hour ago, The Bad Wolf said:

He already had a bastard by then.. Robert always loved women. Every body knew that.. besides it doesn't matter if he would have cheated or not, lyanna believe that regardless. Not to mention he slept with quite a few women during the rebellion, while lyanna was being "raped."

17 minutes ago, WSmith84 said:

Well, the fact that he managed to sleep with every woman in a brothel while 'the only woman he ever loved' was supposedly getting raped says something. And not a good something. Robert also already had a reputation for drinking. Now, I personally think that he might have stayed faithful... for a while. But eventually he'd get drunk, sleep with someone else and it would just escalate from there. If he wasn't caught, maybe he'd confess and Lyanna would be furious. Or maybe he'd conceal it and it would happen again. Either way, their relationship would deteriorate.

He probably thought he was going to die, I don't get why people hold this against him. 

41 minutes ago, Boarsbane said:

He probably thought he was going to die, I don't get why people hold this against him. 

Sleeping with someone else during a war? Sure, forgiveable. Sleeping with an entire brothel in a single night? That seems less like having sex to feel alive in a period of danger and more like having sex because you really enjoy it and would rather not forgo it.

10 minutes ago, WSmith84 said:

Sleeping with someone else during a war? Sure, forgiveable. Sleeping with an entire brothel in a single night? That seems less like having sex to feel alive in a period of danger and more like having sex because you really enjoy it and would rather not forgo it.

I think it was all 3, a lot men enjoy sex and would rather not forgo it but most of us wouldn't have the stamina Robert apparently did to have sex with almost an entire brothel. I think a lot of men would do the same in Robert's situation,  obviously not the entire brothel but a whore or two even if only to relieve some stress of being trapped in a city with a hostile army.

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 4:14 PM, purple-eyes said:

Actually, I think rhaegar is technically faithful to lyanna during his stay in TOJ, unless you buy the theory that he slept with ashara dayne over that period and created young griff, or daenaerys. 

But he may have a reconciliation well-protected sex with elia after he returned to KL, in order to apologize for his mistakes in the rebellion and gain support from dorne. 

No, he was not faithful to her. He fathered at least one bastard in the Vale (Mya Stone). Being promised to Lyanna apparently was no impediment to that.

1 hour ago, The Wolves said:

That is a good point. He probably had never even met her prior to Harrenhal. He spent his youth at the Vale, along with Ned Stark, and made occasional trips to his home castle. Lyanna would have spent all of her time at Winterfell. It is unlikely that their paths would have crossed.

3 hours ago, Lady_of_the_black said:

Ok, so I'm betrothed to Robert, a man who I am positive will fool around behind my back. And Rhaegar sees me outside of Harrenhal, and offers me to come with him. Remember, he is the Prince. If anybody could sever my betrothal to Robert, it's him. But on the other hand, he is married, and he totally disgraced his wife in my name.. It seems like he isn't any better than Robert. But the prospect of living at Storms End with a man who sleeps around, sounds awful. And going somewhere new and exciting with a royal, and totally forgetting those unfavorable marriage plans, sounds a lot more like what a sixteen year old girl would choose. But I won't stay with rhaegar, I will run away once we reach dorne, and cross the narrow sea and find a man whom I choose..

But then she chose rhaegar, cuz, you know, he's charming and all that.

In hindsight we know that Robert had many mistresses, but he would have been a teenager at the time all of tis went down. Lyanna would have no way of knowing how he would turn out after marriage. Rhaegar on the other hand, she would know how he would turn out, because he was a married grown adult chasing young girls right in front of her.

Not that that would make any difference to hormones of course.

On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 2:20 PM, Lee-Sensei said:

He went and fought for the last few days of the Rebellion and lost his first battled. Robert smashed him.

That is a problem, because at the tournament he defeated everyone he faced. Yet Robert could easily beat him in single combat? It does not make sense. Maybe the guy in the armor was not Rhaegar, and was sent there to deliberately lose, so that Rhaegar would be "dead".

He was decked out in rubies after all, and we know what they are used for.

14 minutes ago, tugela said:

That is a problem, because at the tournament he defeated everyone he faced. Yet Robert could easily beat him in single combat? It does not make sense. Maybe the guy in the armor was not Rhaegar, and was sent there to deliberately lose, so that Rhaegar would be "dead".

A joust is not a battle, Robert was seasoned from nearly a year of war, bigger and stronger,  and just better made for fighting. There doesn't need to be some bizarre twist for Rhaegar to have lost, Robert was simply better than him.

1 hour ago, tugela said:

In hindsight we know that Robert had many mistresses, but he would have been a teenager at the time all of tis went down. Lyanna would have no way of knowing how he would turn out after marriage. Rhaegar on the other hand, she would know how he would turn out, because he was a married grown adult chasing young girls right in front of her.

Not that that would make any difference to hormones of course.

She didn't hAve an exact way of knowing, true enough. But we do know for fact what she believed. 

"Love is sweet, dearest Ned, but it cannot change a man's nature." 

She didn't believe for one second that he would change. 

Another point is all these arranged marriages. Maybe lyanna sympathized with rhaegar about marrying for duty, instead of love. If he came at her from this perspective, she may have given in. 

On 15/6/2016 at 10:57 PM, The Wolves said:

You cannot know that. After all didn't Rhaegar eloped with her after only looking her during TTOHH?

On 15/6/2016 at 10:57 PM, The Wolves said:

Because Rhaegar wasn't? You know he was married and he was cheating on his wife with Lyanna and we all know that once a cheater always a cheater. How can someone trust a man who abandoned his wife who just gave birth and almost died?

On 15/6/2016 at 11:38 PM, Lady_of_the_black said:

He already had a bastard by then.. Robert always loved women. Every body knew that.. besides it doesn't matter if he would have cheated or not, lyanna believe that regardless. Not to mention he slept with quite a few women during the rebellion, while lyanna was being "raped."

Lyanna is a hypocrite. Yes Robert did had a bastard but he wasn't married when he had it, on the other hand Rhaegar eloped with Lyanna when he was married, already had a daughter and his wife almost died giving birth to a son. Which is worse; having a child when being single or eloping while being married with a woman who almost died and father of two?

On 16/6/2016 at 1:04 AM, tugela said:

As we have seen in D&E, winning in a Tournament means nothing, especially when you are a Targ.

On 15/6/2016 at 10:14 PM, The Bad Wolf said:

Why is everyone implying that Robert would have been unfaithful to Lyanna? 

Because Rhaegar is the Emo Prince Charming and was the best human being in the history of Westeros. Hence he had to be cleansed from anything negative he has done and the only way someone can do it is by tarnishing his archenemy and blaiming love for what he had done, something that in a world like Westeros this is totally lame, when the same time Robert is to blame for his love.

Well, the fact that he managed to sleep with every woman in a brothel while 'the only woman he ever loved' was supposedly getting raped says something.

No actually it doesn't say anything at all. Sex is just a way of relieved from all the hormones that a battle has created and nothing more. By your logic how you would call a man who elopes and have sex with someone when his whole family is in danger and there is a war thought out the Realm because of his actions?

Cutting off the whole 'will eloping with Rhaegar only create a civil war, or in the further perspective save the world' dilemma?

Robert.

He pisses me off, I will just go Cersei-style on him and marry someone else after.

Archived