Season 6 Hookups!

3 minutes ago, 239JMFL34109 said:

I really hope how popular a coupling is on tumblr never becomes a factor for either the show or book...

she could have a free and happy life as that direwolf. 

and he could have it too, but being a human being ;)

16 minutes ago, Wilnova said:

Maybe they set it up. Maybe they dropped it and decided to do something different with the characters. Like GRRM, they can change where their characters are headed too.

Well, they already have with Sansa in season 5.

And. Wasn't. That. Just. Great?

And yes, sarcasm.

LOL, getting personal and talking tumblr. Which doesn't even make sense, because SanSan is way more popular there, too.

Show, too. There's no comparison. Reason? There's a story for Sansa and the Hound. There is no story for Jon and Sansa.

1 minute ago, Le Cygne said:

LOL, getting personal and talking tumblr. Which doesn't even make sense, because SanSan is way more popular there, too.

Show, too. There's no comparison. Reason? There's a story for Sansa and the Hound. There is no story for Jon and Sansa.

getting personal? 

18 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

There is no story for Jon and Sansa.

You're right,  but the near total lack of prior interaction in the story is a double-edged sword,  because one could also say its essentially a blank slate that could be developed in any number of directions if they cross paths.   

7 minutes ago, bb1180 said:

You're right,  but the near total lack of prior interaction in the story is a double-edged sword,  because one could also say its essentially a blank slate that could be developed in any number of directions if they cross paths.   

I think there is enough in the book to say they would want to have a better relationship than the small and distance one they had. 

5 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

No story is not a good thing after 5 seasons.

i was thinking the other day: have they ever been in the same scene together in the show? 

Exactly. Essentially the argument for Jon/Sansa is that because there's no significant relationship currently, the relationship will become important. The distance between them will somehow lead to closeness, and make make them OK with incest. Which makes absolutely no sense since there has been no precedent in this series for any romantic relationship like that.

Perhaps there has no story between Sansa and Jon because *gasp* the relationship just isn't that important. 

1 minute ago, 239JMFL34109 said:

I think there is enough in the book to say they would want to have a better relationship than the small and distance one they had. 

I tend to agree,  but I think this is only natural.  After all they've been through,  I would expect them to develop a strong bond if they reunite.  That's true of any of the Starks,  and doesn't necessarily portend anything aside friendship/kinship. 

10 minutes ago, 239JMFL34109 said:

i was thinking the other day: have they ever been in the same scene together in the show? 

Well the entire Stark family was gathered together when the King arrived and that's about it. But they aren't the only ones. Sansa never had an interaction with Bran either. Or Rickon. 

25 minutes ago, bb1180 said:

I tend to agree,  but I think this is only natural.  After all they've been through,  I would expect them to develop a strong bond if they reunite.  That's true of any of the Starks,  and doesn't necessarily portend anything aside friendship/kinship. 

Yep. i have been saying possible not that it totally going to happen. 

29 minutes ago, Joan Jett said:

Exactly. Essentially the argument for Jon/Sansa is that because there's no significant relationship currently, the relationship will become important. The distance between them will somehow lead to closeness, and make make them OK with incest. Which makes absolutely no sense since there has been no precedent in this series for any romantic relationship like that.

Perhaps there has no story between Sansa and Jon because *gasp* the relationship just isn't that important. 

In this ASOIAF world and for some reason large part our world too cousin is fine.  ned parent's were cousin, jamie's parents were cousins, and etc...i never argued that they would be ok with incest at all but their relationship would be within social norms. 

Also any never said that their marriage would be romantic. Romance is not a requisite for marriage. 

2 minutes ago, Joan Jett said:

Well the entire Stark family was gathered together when the King arrived and that's about it. But they aren't the only ones. Sansa never had an interaction with Bran either. Or Rickon. 

http://www.globalnerdy.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/starks.jpg i thought there is a chance that just before ned goes to kill the deserter but i am not sure. 

1 hour ago, Wilnova said:

Hard to say with show only fans. Most show only watchers don't even know that SanSan is a thing. And a lot of book fans don't like SanSan either. On the other hand, Jon/Sansa fans have been steadily increasing. Amazing for two characters that have not even met. Imagine what will happen if they meet? We are going to get an explosion of Jonsa shipping! Tumblr is already on it.

Unfortunately this is true. I've witnessed it with mine own two eyes. At this point Jon/Sansa is more popular than Jon/Ygritte. It's mostly Sansa fans who just want her to have the hero she always wanted and don't give 2 shits about what Jon wants beyond red hair. 

6 minutes ago, 239JMFL34109 said:

http://www.globalnerdy.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/starks.jpg i thought there is a chance that just before ned goes to kill the deserter but i am not sure. 

That scene was with Jon, Robb, Bran, Rickon, and Arya. Pretty much everyone except Sansa. 

1 minute ago, 239JMFL34109 said:

I feel like it is the biggest inside joke in the world to set up a reunion of characters that never been on camera together... 

You're making something out of nothing. And it's the same thing with Sansa and Bran/Rickon. She never interacts with either of them on camera. 

2 hours ago, Tianzi said:

I don't care who is younger (Jon, obviously), hotter (Jon, obviously), taller (the Hound obviously) and I don't believe that the audience being receptive to something bears any significance here, but for the record I would barf all over myself if I were to wed my brother even if they told me that hey, he is technically your first cousin after all. And I thought that the rest of the world would think the same, but hey. George RR Martin, making people indifferent to incest since 1996.

Count me out on the Jon is hotter than the Hound. Jon looks like a poof-haired fancy boy. Not at all hot. Pat his curls and kiss him on the forehead goodnight after reading him a storybook. That's what he looks like to me.

1 hour ago, Wilnova said:

Hard to say with show only fans. Most show only watchers don't even know that SanSan is a thing. And a lot of book fans don't like SanSan either. On the other hand, Jon/Sansa fans have been steadily increasing. Amazing for two characters that have not even met. Imagine what will happen if they meet? We are going to get an explosion of Jonsa shipping! Tumblr is already on it.

Are you not the person who goes on and on in the rant and rave thread about 'Dumb and Dumber', their fan fiction and fake characters? Why would you attach any importance to what the showrunners do or say? Maybe they set it up. Maybe they dropped it and decided to do something different with the characters. Like GRRM, they can change where their characters are headed too. Nothing is fixed in stone.

And maybe she had a couple of scenes with the Hound, but she is going to get tons more scenes with Jon in the new season. I bet she is in almost every Jon scene until LF enters the stage in and around episode 9.

I know quite a few SanSan fans that came from the show to the books after wondering about the relationship between Sansa and the Hound in the show. 

I think that the Jon and Sansa fans come from show-only factions, to be honest. If there are book readers among them, they are show first, books later readers and not the other way around. It took the show for any of that to be talked about. 

(And Wilnova, analyzing posters is kind of a low blow, in my opinion. If it was well-meaning it would be one thing, but I don't think that your comment reads as well-meaning. Just sayin'.)

1 hour ago, 239JMFL34109 said:

she could have a free and happy life as that direwolf. 

I used to think that Arya would end up warging Nymeria at the end, for good. But I've changed my mind. I think she will be able to overcome her past and learn to have mercy and not be the ruthless killer.

24 minutes ago, 239JMFL34109 said:

Yep. i have been saying possible not that it totally going to happen. 

In this ASOIAF world and for some reason large part our world too cousin is fine.  ned parent's were cousin, jamie's parents were cousins, and etc...i never argued that they would be ok with incest at all but there relationship would be within social norms. 

Also any never said that their marriage would be romantic. Romance is not a requisite for marriage. 

The story just is not there. Not in the books and not on the show - and I don't think Sansa will spend the entirety of Season 6 following Jon around. Nor do I think that Jon will look at Sansa and think there is my meal ticket to a place as King in the North. And Sansa has not shown one lick of true sense in the show. She has chosen wrongly each and every time she has needed to make a choice. And I don't think it's time for that to change yet. She is going down the Littlefinger path, I'd say, just a little bit further. And I think that the show having Littlefinger be the one to have the Vale army that saves the day will have HIM be the one who wants Winterfell as a reward. Winterfell and Sansa. That's right where I think the season will end. Because that's what the show has been leading logically to.

There will be a true romantic marriage on this show (and in the books) mark my words. It will happen. It will be fruitful too. And I'm not talking Robb and Talisa. 

8 minutes ago, Karmarni said:

I used to think that Arya would end up warging Nymeria at the end, for good. But I've changed my mind. I think she will be able to overcome her past and learn to have mercy and not be the ruthless killer.

The story just is not there. Not in the books and not on the show - and I don't think Sansa will spend the entirety of Season 6 following Jon around. Nor do I think that Jon will look at Sansa and think there is my meal ticket to a place as King in the North. And Sansa has not shown one lick of true sense in the show. She has chosen wrongly each and every time she has needed to make a choice. And I don't think it's time for that to change yet. She is going down the Littlefinger path, I'd say, just a little bit further. And I think that the show having Littlefinger be the one to have the Vale army that saves the day will have HIM be the one who wants Winterfell as a reward. Winterfell and Sansa. That's right where I think the season will end. Because that's what the show has been leading logically to.

There will be a true romantic marriage on this show (and in the books) mark my words. It will happen. It will be fruitful too. And I'm not talking Robb and Talisa. 

I don't see him wanting to be king in the north. i could see it as the way they prevent another war. I could see Sansa putting littlefinger in the situation he tried to never be in again. Losing this redhead to a nobleman with a great old name. Everything he did just lands him right where he started. 

i could see a true romantic relationship in the show and books but i don't see it being why arya sansa or jon marry.

Archived