Vikings X: Halfway Through the Madness

Corvinus85

16 minutes ago, Astromech said:

The Vikings wiki has Bjorn's ages in each season. Take it with a grain of salt( wiki after all). http://vikings.wikia.com/wiki/Bjorn

He's only supposed to be 24 as of Season 4? Wouldn't that make Ivar and the others....less than 12? Hmm.... Either it's only reflecting the start of the season, or those ages were just made up by a random fan (probably he latter)

Yeah, that looks to be only the start of the season. Bjorn's initial age in season 1 and the slight time jump in that season seem to be right. It gets cloudier with each successive season. It's give a decent general idea of the aging however. Not too sure how much of a time jump occurred in the midseason finale of s4.

ETA: Hirst said the time jump was about 6 years. http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/vikings-recap-midseason-finale-season-4-episode-10-ragnar-sons-ivar-time-jump-rollo-1201758192/

2 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Well there has been time for Bjorn to grow into adulthood and father a child, and for Aslaug to give birth to 4 children, all of whom have grown to adulthood too. So I guess more than 20 years. 

I want to know Lagertha's secret :P 

Maybe they have accelerated growth to adulthood followed by a very long and graceful descent into old age? Bjorn is maybe 10 for example?

3 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Well there has been time for Bjorn to grow into adulthood and father a child, and for Aslaug to give birth to 4 children, all of whom have grown to adulthood too. So I guess more than 20 years. 

I want to know Lagertha's secret :P 

Botox.

Or surgery.

She (meaning the actress) did have something done before last season, because her facial muscles have that peculiar non-expression change of women who do botox. It was noticed immediately, that her face doesn't change expression.  In fact she had so much done her face looks almost completely different.

1 hour ago, red snow said:

Maybe they have accelerated growth to adulthood followed by a very long and graceful descent into old age? Bjorn is maybe 10 for example?

:lol: I was actually thinking something along those lines. Either that or the Fountain of Youth :P 

18 minutes ago, Zorral said:

Botox.

Or surgery.

She (meaning the actress) did have something done before last season, because her facial muscles have that peculiar non-expression change of women who do botox. It was noticed immediately, that her face doesn't change expression.  In fact she had so much done her face looks almost completely different.

Really? I didn't know that, interesting. Admittedly I didn't focus much on the acting of many this season because I was to busy head scratching over the writing

1 hour ago, Zorral said:

Botox.

Or surgery.

I saw her on one of the talk shows while season 4 was running and noticed it fairly quickly. It's nothing drastic, but enough to notice.

4 hours ago, -Ghost- said:

First photo of JRM https://www.instagram.com/p/BGwHlidhFbD/ 

No idea who he's supposed to be.

He's probably Henry VIII. He never aged in the Tudors so maybe they'll have him as a wandering immortal before he worked his way into the royal family? Maybe he's always played Dracula from that one season he did.

Stuff happened in the last episode i watched with them heading to Paris. No idea why Bjorn's new wife is with him other than for drama though. Odd as they usually only bring shield maidens along.

Can't help but liking King Ecbert's son. I think we're supposed to dislike him but he gets shit done despite his dad constantly trying to put him in harms way and he seems to have no problem with being cuckolded left right an centre and raising a child he knows isn't his own.

He's probably Henry VIII. He never aged in the Tudors so maybe they'll have him as a wandering immortal before he worked his way into the royal family? Maybe he's always played Dracula from that one season he did.

Stuff happened in the last episode i watched with them heading to Paris. No idea why Bjorn's new wife is with him other than for drama though. Odd as they usually only bring shield maidens along.

Can't help but liking King Ecbert's son. I think we're supposed to dislike him but he gets shit done despite his dad constantly trying to put him in harms way and he seems to have no problem with being cuckolded left right an centre and raising a child he knows isn't his own.

That's part of my problem with Ecbert's son; I feel like he's supposed to look like the ass next to the enlightened Ecbert but...he doesn't.

(Not to mention nothing about the situation makes sense, but that ship has sailed)

2 hours ago, Castel said:

That's part of my problem with Ecbert's son; I feel like he's supposed to look like the ass next to the enlightened Ecbert but...he doesn't.

(Not to mention nothing about the situation makes sense, but that ship has sailed)

Glad it's not just me. If anything his son is too good at getting things done. I haven't seen how the pilgrimage goes but from his previous adventures I'd expect him to do a great job.

I liked Ecbert initially and the actor is good but he's all over the place nowadays and I don't really get the whole religious thing with him now when he clearly didn't give a shit about it in season 2. Then again I'm immune to the power of Athelstan that everyone in the show except Loki, isn't.

19 minutes ago, red snow said:

Glad it's not just me. If anything his son is too good at getting things done. I haven't seen how the pilgrimage goes but from his previous adventures I'd expect him to do a great job.

I liked Ecbert initially and the actor is good but he's all over the place nowadays and I don't really get the whole religious thing with him now when he clearly didn't give a shit about it in season 2. Then again I'm immune to the power of Athelstan that everyone in the show except Loki, isn't.

I didn't mind Athelstan, but using him to add some stupid drama to Alfred's paternity (well...at least publicly) annoyed me and I suspect that it will continue to annoy me, since Alfred isn't going anywhere. I'm still baffled by why we needed it in the first place. Ecbert -the writers- had to spin an unholy amount of bullshit just to dig like three characters out of the logical hole it created.

Hopefully the Vikings can make Wessex great again. With the prince gone there's really no one there that compelling (whatever is going on with Judith and Ecbert and their "Friends of Athelstan" meeting group is not particularly compelling, and won't get moreso with everyone gone or dead)

45 minutes ago, Castel said:

I didn't mind Athelstan, but using him to add some stupid drama to Alfred's paternity (well...at least publicly) annoyed me and I suspect that it will continue to annoy me, since Alfred isn't going anywhere. I'm still baffled by why we needed it in the first place. Ecbert -the writers- had to spin an unholy amount of bullshit just to dig like three characters out of the logical hole it created.

Hopefully the Vikings can make Wessex great again. With the prince gone there's really no one there that compelling (whatever is going on with Judith and Ecbert and their "Friends of Athelstan" meeting group is not particularly compelling, and won't get moreso with everyone gone or dead)

I'm currently thinking Alfred goes off to Rome and the next time we see him is in season 1 of "the last kingdom". It's getting near the point where i can do that for a lot of the kids on the show

I'm currently thinking Alfred goes off to Rome and the next time we see him is in season 1 of "the last kingdom". It's getting near the point where i can do that for a lot of the kids on the show

And then we will all wonder where is Uthred? :P

8 hours ago, red snow said:

Athelwulf is like, the only likeable character in Wessex-

31 minutes ago, red snow said:

He'll be busy being Uhtred's son - until he gets "adopted" by Ragnar in the near future.

How crazy would it be if when we see Aelle again, he will be accompanied by a Lord Uthred.

9 hours ago, red snow said:

Actually JRM aged a lot by the time of the Civil War -- he played the odious slaveowner - rapist of Chicken George's mother, Kizzy.  He was a weathered mess, not in the least pretty.

Athelwulf wasn't sympathetic in the first seasons, salivating to Kill All Ragnar's and Lagertha's settlers and then doing it.

But Eckbert was a lot more sympathetic and enlightened then, before he started having this weird obsession about Athelstan and screwing his son's wife.  Which flipped the script entirely for the two.

17 hours ago, -Ghost- said:

First photo of JRM https://www.instagram.com/p/BGwHlidhFbD/ 

No idea who he's supposed to be.

Uhtred senior.

More seriously though he looks like he is from Wessex. Or i guess it could be *shudder* more Parisian shenanigans

13 hours ago, red snow said:

Helga went to Paris in season three so there is precedent for torvi being there. The more likely andwer though is because pops wants a superstar actress that he doesnt really have. 

And yeah Ecbert went from thenonly good thing about Wessex to wtf is going on here?! Currently waiting on Aelle to lose patience with all of his idiot allies and kill them all

Archived