NFL 2016 Draft: To 6 More Rounds Of Misery And Joy!

Mr. Chatywin et al.

5 hours ago, Joe Pesci said:

It wouldn't be a worst moves list without the Browns on it, though the Sanu and Jenkins contracts were ones that stood out to me when it comes to overpaying for a player.

I'm not really sure why that Browns move is listed as one of the worst moves of the year.  They were all set to take Goff at two, but then the Rams jumped them.  They clearly didn't value Wentz as worth the number two pick (which is totally understandable, as he was nowhere near the prospect that Goff was), and so they traded down.  You don't completely reinvent a team in one offseason.

19 minutes ago, briantw said:

I'm not really sure why that Browns move is listed as one of the worst moves of the year.  They were all set to take Goff at two, but then the Rams jumped them.  They clearly didn't value Wentz as worth the number two pick (which is totally understandable, as he was nowhere near the prospect that Goff was), and so they traded down.  You don't completely reinvent a team in one offseason.

Cause Factory of Sadness.

Yeah, I approve of the Browns' decision to roll with RGIII (though not his decision to roll with them, of course). There's the miniscule chance he learns under Hue and becomes good again, and if not then who cares? Another body for the meat grinder while they let Kessler marinate with probable spot duty for injury while they see if they need to go back to the well of souls next year.

12 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Cause Factory of Sadness.

:ninja:'d!

As a sidebar, the Cavs getting pummeled by the Warriors only validates the above for the whole city. I love seeing the Mistake on the Lake suffer.

1 hour ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Yeah, I approve of the Browns' decision to roll with RGIII (though not his decision to roll with them, of course). There's the miniscule chance he learns under Hue and becomes good again, and if not then who cares? Another body for the meat grinder while they let Kessler marinate with probable spot duty for injury while they see if they need to go back to the well of souls next year.

I would have preferred they got Goff, but there's not a lot they could do when the Rams traded up.  I was never sold on Wentz, though, so for me it was basically a one QB draft where everyone else was second place or lower.  I definitely approve of their decision to pass on Wentz at number two.  Too many question marks for a team with too many other holes to fill.  They'll likely be a bad team again this year, and the Eagles are probably going to suck too.  There's a good chance they could have two top ten picks next year.

12 minutes ago, briantw said:

I would have preferred they got Goff, but there's not a lot they could do when the Rams traded up.  I was never sold on Wentz, though, so for me it was basically a one QB draft where everyone else was second place or lower.  I definitely approve of their decision to pass on Wentz at number two.  Too many question marks for a team with too many other holes to fill.  They'll likely be a bad team again this year, and the Eagles are probably going to suck too.  There's a good chance they could have two top ten picks next year.

Yeah, I actually agree with your main point. The Browns probably made the best move given the circumstance. 

Just now, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Yeah, I actually agree with your main point. The Browns probably made the best move given the circumstance. 

Yeah, it was either take a chance on RGIII or roll into the season with a backup quality guy anyway.  It's not as if there were any great QBs on the market.  They weren't in the position to take a chance on a guy like Osweiler, especially at the ridiculous price he commanded.  RGIII is basically a no risk proposition for him.  If he somehow gets back to looking like he did as a rookie, it's an obvious win for them.  If not, they're out a few million bucks, which isn't an issue as they are nowhere near the cap, and they can reevaluate their QB options either during next year's offseason or in the draft.

Yeah, getting shot, straight down your leg generally means you did it to yourself either pulling the gun out or putting it away.

This guy has like 5 arrests in the last 6 years and keeps getting off.

As to the whole Cleveland thing, I agree that trading down was the right thing to do. Any player is a crapshoot and the more picks you have the better odds you have of landing a good one.

54 minutes ago, dbunting said:

As to the whole Cleveland thing, I agree that trading down was the right thing to do. Any player is a crapshoot and the more picks you have the better odds you have of landing a good one.

If Goff was there I think they should have picked him.  I just wasn't sold on Wentz.  I don't think he was in the same tier as a prospect and I think he's an example of how QBs tend to get massively overhyped leading up to the draft.  

4 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

NFL Twitter Feed Hacked

Roger Goodell Dead at 57

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/for-petes-sake/article82251537.html?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link

/Worth a quick read due to the Mike Carey tweet about halfway down the article...

Don't worry, we have proof of life of Goodell.

Late to the party but I am kind of curious why the list of loses has the first Panther's superbowl loss as their worst.  That was a game they were not supposed to win, where as they were near consensus favorites to beat the Broncos.  And while I was too young to remember it the Bronco's blowout loss to the Redskins in the superbowl after a strong start deserves at least an honorable mention. 

Also.  Fucking Talib. How drunk do you have to be to not remember getting shot?  I was once outside of a bar when a car backfired a few feet away and it sounded like a gun; sobered me up real fast.

Archived