NFL 2016 Draft: To 6 More Rounds Of Misery And Joy!

Mr. Chatywin et al.

33 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

S'right. I've heard worse. ;)

On the bright side, with Lewis and Dilfer leaving espn, now Steve Young won't get bogged down with their shittiness on MNF pre and post game. The clown show should be over...hopefully.

15 minutes ago, briantw said:

I always loved when ESPN had the gall to cut to Ray Lewis for his opinions on violence among NFL members.  Like, seriously, he fucking killed a guy and you're going to sit there and have him preach about how awful it is when an NFL player hits a wife or girlfriend?

/Obligatory...

http://www.metatube.com/en/videos/5895/Disneys-Ray-of-Light-Ray-Lewis-TV-Funhouse/

1 minute ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

You know, "satisfied" is such a broad term. Maybe you're referring to my cooking skills. My Sweet Tomalito Hot Link Corndog never fails to satisfy. 

Unless you've perfected the recipe for 'lady friend', I don't think I'm mistaken.

Speaking of which, Old Man Fuckhead apparently stopped by Miami for a 'visit' and now every football site I visit has been debating whether his 'tutelage' of Ryan Tannehill will propel the Dolphins to the playoffs.

6 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Best. Tweet. Ever!

Much like how only Roger Goodell sending her brownies could quench her appetite when she complained about the lack of desserts at the draft?

1 hour ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

I saw that a few days ago... what does it translate to?

She hopes all girls who are looking for an NFL player to make their lives wonderful and happy, will turn to Jesus instead of seeking happiness through becoming some NFL player's girlfriend, wife or mistress.

Bradford's agent was on the radio yesterday.  He said something that I actually believe.  Bradford's trade demand was made knowing there was really only one team on the market who would probably have interest...

It was an attempted power play to get to the Broncos.  As he said it I see the sense in it; who else was really on the market?  I see why his camp did it, despite it coming off looking horrible bad.

1 hour ago, SkynJay said:

Bradford's agent was on the radio yesterday.  He said something that I actually believe.  Bradford's trade demand was made knowing there was really only one team on the market who would probably have interest...

It was an attempted power play to get to the Broncos.  As he said it I see the sense in it; who else was really on the market?  I see why his camp did it, despite it coming off looking horrible bad.

And publicly pouting about it was part of the power play? I get wanting to use the leverage to grease the path to Denver, but Jesus Christ, did they somehow think that a guy who's been paid something like $80 million dollars to do jack shit and was balking at the team drafting someone to push him was going to win the PR battle?

31 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

And publicly pouting about it was part of the power play? I get wanting to use the leverage to grease the path to Denver, but Jesus Christ, did they somehow think that a guy who's been paid something like $80 million dollars to do jack shit and was balking at the team drafting someone to push him was going to win the PR battle?

Yea, my thoughts exactly. Not entirely sure how they were going to force Denver into making a trade for him unless their goal was to lower his asking price from the Eagles by being a whiny bitch. Not sure. Either way, looks like a poorly conceived and executed strategy. What I will say is it's likely the agent convinced Bradford to do it if it was some type of power play so maybe its not all Bradford's fault?

8 minutes ago, Mexal said:

Yea, my thoughts exactly. Not entirely sure how they were going to force Denver into making a trade for him unless their goal was to lower his asking price from the Eagles by being a whiny bitch. Not sure. Either way, looks like a poorly conceived and executed strategy. What I will say is it's likely the agent convinced Bradford to do it if it was some type of power play so maybe its not all Bradford's fault?

His agent is Tom Condon and Condon's a big hitter. I don't doubt that he pushed Bradford to maximize his earnings, but Bradford's a grown-ass man who's been through contract negotiations before, and it's also a little weird that a guy like Condon would have mis-handled this situation so egregiously. It's funny, considering the Drew Brees comparisons made earlier -- Condon reps Brees too (as well as RGIII, Tony Romo, Matt Ryan, Ryan Fitzpatrick, and both Mannings).

Is it possible that what we consider to be Bradford whining in public was never meant to be public? That Condon and Bradford tried it as some kind of power play in private negotiations, and the Eagles leaked that to shame him into falling in line? Now I want to go back and look at the early stories about Bradford's trade demand...

I think he just wanted out of what had become a bad situation for him, recognized an opportunity, and realized that the Eagles do not need him whatsoever and would have been smart to try to get any kind of compensation they could.

The Broncos did want to trade for him, but the Eagles weren't going to do it.  This is the part I don't understand, because the Eagles have to know they are not going to be good next year.  They knew this would not be a good locker room situation, as they are essentially asking him to work with the guy he's getting fired for at the end of the season.  On the field, it's a terrible situation for a QB.  No running game, poor receivers, poor offensive line, atrocious defense.  Same situation he has been in his entire career, so he's going to be in the exact same spot with the same trade value next year. Meanwhile, how he plays has zero impact on whether he keeps his job or not.  He's gone at the end of the year for certain, and if Wentz picks up the playbook quickly he'll get benched halfway through the season.

And he was smart to ignore the PR aspect of this, because it's irrelevant.  If he plays well this year he comes out looking great and the Eagles look like idiots. If he's bad, he was going to get ripped to shreds anyway and be a fringe starter or backup for the rest of his career.

26 minutes ago, sperry said:

The Broncos did want to trade for him, but the Eagles weren't going to do it.  This is the part I don't understand, because the Eagles have to know they are not going to be good next year. 

While I agree that I don't think the Eagles will be good this year, I don't think the Philadelphia management would agree at all.  The fact that they signed Bradford at all, instead of just tanking with Daniels and Wentz indicates they think they can compete in the weak NFC East.  They already paid Bradford's signing bonus, and weren't at all happy about paying a guy millions of dollars to immediately go play for the Broncos.  Sure, an extra draft pick would be nice, but it's not like we're talking about a first rounder or something.  At most Denver offered their 3rd rounder (#94), which isn't exactly an offer you can't refuse. 

17 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

While I agree that I don't think the Eagles will be good this year, I don't think the Philadelphia management would agree at all.  The fact that they signed Bradford at all, instead of just tanking with Daniels and Wentz indicates they think they can compete in the weak NFC East.  They already paid Bradford's signing bonus, and weren't at all happy about paying a guy millions of dollars to immediately go play for the Broncos.  Sure, an extra draft pick would be nice, but it's not like we're talking about a first rounder or something.  At most Denver offered their 3rd rounder (#94), which isn't exactly an offer you can't refuse. 

Bold move, tanking with no first round draft pick.

21 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

I think they were going to try to win this year until they got the opportunity to get Wentz.  Then they abandoned those plans and traded starters and draft capital to get a player that provides 0 to the roster this year. They are down essentially 4 starters this year from that trade.  On a team that already wasn't going to be great.

Bold move, tanking with no first round draft pick.

The funny thing in all of this is they could have let Bradford walk in FA, draftd some good pieces in this draft, started Chase Daniel, tanked, and gotten a QB next year.

Archived