NFL 2016 Draft: To 6 More Rounds Of Misery And Joy!

Mr. Chatywin et al.

On 5/4/2016 at 2:43 PM, Pony Queen Jace said:

Already been mentioned, but Kurt wasn't playing all that great with the Giants. They started out with a nice record, but in Ernie Accorsi's biography it's quite clear that he was benched because several O-linemen were upset that he was holding the ball for upwards of 7 seconds. Which led to sacks/strips which made them look bad and started hurting the team.

This is exactly how it went down.

15 hours ago, Quijote Light said:

I would argue that Kelly did not use Murray properly. He almost never ran him up the middle. 

3.6 ypc, is 3.6 ypc. It was a stupid contract to give him and to put him on a roster with a line that wasn't as good as Dallas, then have him sharing time, not good at all.

32 minutes ago, Quijote Light said:

Sure, but the contract and the decision to have him split time are both on Kelly also. 

As a Cowboys fan I am sure going to miss Kelly in Philly! I was worried for a while that he was going to get them to the top but it seemed like the more decisions he made the worse it got.

Considering where San Fran is starting out at when he gets there, where can they go but up?

2 minutes ago, dbunting said:

As a Cowboys fan I am sure going to miss Kelly in Philly! I was worried for a while that he was going to get them to the top but it seemed like the more decisions he made the worse it got.

Considering where San Fran is starting out at when he gets there, where can they go but up?

Kelly in Philly peaked in year 1, that was for sure.  I cannot blame Philly for firing him, although I can blame them for a lot of things before that.  I don't know if he learned enough lessons to have a successful second attempt in SF, or if he just isn't a good NFL coach.  The latter is probably more likely, which is a shame because he is an innovator, and there are so few of them in the NFL. 

5 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

Kelly in Philly peaked in year 1, that was for sure.  I cannot blame Philly for firing him, although I can blame them for a lot of things before that.  I don't know if he learned enough lessons to have a successful second attempt in SF, or if he just isn't a good NFL coach.  The latter is probably more likely, which is a shame because he is an innovator, and there are so few of them in the NFL. 

The problem with his style is it seems more suited for younger fresher bodies and quick turnover. You don't get enough time in the NFL to "recruit" your style, you have to adapt to what you have while trying to mold them into your style. Top recruits will go to any school and be gone 3 years later, top free agents aren't signing on for 3 year contracts.

13 hours ago, Maithanet said:

You can carry over cap space year to year.  So 18 mil saved this year can be spent next year.  

Don't you only get to pull a percentage though?

43 minutes ago, dbunting said:

I believe Kelly will innovate a new direction we've never seen before.

On 5/4/2016 at 1:43 PM, Pony Queen Jace said:

They started out with a nice record, but in Ernie Accorsi's biography it's quite clear that he was benched because several O-linemen were upset that he was holding the ball for upwards of 7 seconds. Which led to sacks/strips which made them look bad and started hurting the team.

Lindley%20Strip%20Sack_zpsyjemhckq.jpg

On 5/6/2016 at 1:19 PM, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Edited for her pleasure...

Only time you've ever left a woman satisfied, I'll bet. :P

In other news, overpaid and entitled asshole decides to go play in the grass for all that money he was paid.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/05/09/bradford-waves-the-white-flag-rescinds-trade-demand/

On 5/6/2016 at 1:19 PM, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Edited for her pleasure...

In other news, overpaid and entitled asshole decides to go play in the grass for all that money he was paid.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/05/09/bradford-waves-the-white-flag-rescinds-trade-demand/

Ray Lewis (among others) is out at ESPN. We will no longer have to tolerate his ham-fisted preacher impression and his ridiculously inflated self-regard. Hallelujah!

In related news, Randy Moss is joining ESPN. I'm curious to see how he does.

26 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

Ray Lewis (among others) is out at ESPN. We will no longer have to tolerate his ham-fisted preacher impression and his ridiculously inflated self-regard. Hallelujah!

Thank Jeebus! I swear that is one guy who I simply could not tolerate on-air. Just his wardrobe alone got me all stabby. And then he would open his mouth.

35 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

Pretty sure he'll do well, his football IQ is impressive.

2 hours ago, DanteGabriel said:

Moss was on the FS1 NFL pregame show, I thought he was really solid. And fuck Ray Lewis.

8 hours ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Well played, this had me laughing for a bit, sorry Manhole!

On 5/5/2016 at 5:12 PM, sperry said:

They could be significantly better if they'd held onto DeMarco Murray and used their draft picks to address needs. Instead, they didn't.

Again, the thing in this taht boggles my mind is that it is in both party's best interest for the Eagles to trade Bradford. This should be a non-issue, they should be trying to get rid of him.

Obviously the eagles disagree with you about this, and they actually, you know, understand what their plan is for him.

it's in Bradfords best interest to STFU and play well for as long as he plays to increase the chances of him finding a new home.  There is literally ZERO downside in that approach for him.  He gets paid, and he gets the opportunity to show he can play.  Your notion that you have somehow cracked the code of his benching mid season, but GM's around the league wouldn't understand and account for that when they are appraising his value is laughable.

What's not in his best interest is being a petulant child about the whole thing.  unless he secretly wants to play for the raiders, then his plan seems golden.

2 hours ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Thank Jeebus! I swear that is one guy who I simply could not tolerate on-air. Just his wardrobe alone got me all stabby. And then he would open his mouth.

I always loved when ESPN had the gall to cut to Ray Lewis for his opinions on violence among NFL members.  Like, seriously, he fucking killed a guy and you're going to sit there and have him preach about how awful it is when an NFL player hits a wife or girlfriend?

Archived