[Spoilers] Rant and Rave without Reprecussions - Season 6 Edition

Ran

1 minute ago, Le Cygne said:

Cogman said that was just to add humor. Ha ha ha.

Yes. It was. Which completely explains the level of intelligence this show is aimed at. How about the more relevant humour from the books? Which is less time-consuming. So they have time for this stuff but none at all for plot-relevant things.

6 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

I eagerly await the massive story relevance of Pod's inexplicable abilities as a great lover.

I also am still waiting on the extremely clever plot that will revolve around L'affair du necklace.

Let me add to your list, the reason to cast Lollys Stokeworth and CGI for Castle Stokeworth. That was necessary because ...? 

And the contortionist undoing Bronn's trousers with her teeth? Also necessary because ...? 

But we couldn't have Northern lords because streamlining. ;) 

1 minute ago, LadySoftheart said:

Let me add to your list, the reason to cast Lollys Stokeworth and CGI for Castle Stokeworth. That was necessary because ...? 

And the contortionist undoing Bronn's trousers with her teeth? Also necessary because ...? 

But we couldn't have Northern lords because streamlining. ;) 

Yes, we mustn't forget CGI Stokeworth and Lollys.  I know I was told in no uncertain terms that there was A REASON FOR THIS!!!  The non existent Stokeworths and their castle were going to play some future role.

I did think the actress was supposed to come back...but so far, zip.

2 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Yes, we mustn't forget CGI Stokeworth and Lollys.  I know I was told in no uncertain terms that there was A REASON FOR THIS!!!  The non existent Stokeworths and their castle were going to play some future role.

I know it's not to be taken seriously, but her page on imdb lists her on one episode only. Sure, people mess with these things there, but I don't really see the point of doing with such a minor character? It's different than adding Fairley or Mawle, imo. 

Just now, kissdbyfire said:

I know it's not to be taken seriously, but her page on imdb lists her on one episode only. Sure, people mess with these things there, but I don't really see the point of doing with such a minor character? It's different than adding Fairley or Mawle, imo. 

Well, Bronn has to show up sooner or later...but it seems he may not show until Larry goes to the RL.  It would be weird to somehow stuff a Lollys scene in there, unless I guess she should show up to rant at Carol and if Carol ever finally loses it, she could give her to Qyburn to shut her up...but that's just really far from the kind of characterization either Carol or Uncle Sweets has been given so far...he comes off as a kindly man who luv science...and no one cares if he fucked with the Mountain, because that's less than he deserved.....there is no underlying menance about him.  But, trying to understand what the show is doing is a sucker's game, because they turn it all on a dime whenever the plot demands it.

12 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

I liked her, so I'm sure she won't be back, and if she is, it's for something horrible.

11 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

She only existed so we could fully appreciate the depth of the "bad pussy" line. Without the castle and the actress, the "good girl" reference would not have made sense to us un-intelligent oafs.

12 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

I liked her, so I'm sure she won't be back, and if she is, it's for something horrible.

LOL. I liked her too, it was overall a lovely scene, it was light without being stupid, most of what was said made sense, until Larry showed up.

But, again, it was pretty long and seems so far to have served no purpose except some check off about Bronn and the books.  

And while there is no telling what the show will do, considering how they're killing off people right and left, it would seem odd to bring her back when probably 90% of the audience doesn't remember her.  My own mother didn't remember who OSHA was for fuck sake and she has read the first 2 books!!!!  But, she's a super distracted TV viewer to begin with most of the time.

Hello Ranters!!

Just watched the episode!!

-SuperTyrion is not a Mother of Dragons, nor a Breaker of Chains, nor........ I couldn't stop laughing...that's exactly what he is and he knows it!!!!!!

But Grey and Miss are rebelling (a little) against him and his puwrfect plans!!:lmao::lmao: (((((but not in front of the others of course!!!)))

-Brienne the Brutte says she killed Stannis, and gives Mel a strange look====Brienne will kill Mel??????B)

-Larry defends SuperCersei!!!!!!! CErsei, my Cersei!!!!!!!!! I love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:ack:

-Dany is Aerys=? Third time having pleasure seeing people being burnt....interesting 

So the rumor is Ramsay is fed to his dogs after the battle. My guess is Fansa does this.

So season 5, she walks up to the kennels afraid. Then she gets raped.

Then in season 6, she walks up to the kennels bold as can be. And gets revenge for the rape.

/hugely dramatically satisfying

To top it off, she wears the fug dress, and waves mini Needle around. Just like she did before.

11 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

So the rumor is Ramsay is fed to his dogs after the battle. My guess is Fansa does this.

So season 5, she walks up to the kennels afraid. Then she gets raped.

Then in season 6, she walks up to the kennels bold as can be. And gets revenge for the rape.

/hugely dramatically satisfying

To top it off, she wears the fug dress, and waves mini Needle around. Just like she did before.

lol!

would she be the one whistling to the dogs too?

The dogs seemed pretty loyal to Ramsey last time we saw them, but they'll forget about that and totally follow Fansa's orders, because she will be so empowered!

D&D even succeed in butchering animals characterizations!

17 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

I'm going to be exponentially miffed the longer Jon does not ask about Arya... I know they are saving this for a big moment, but come on. Suspension of disbelief strained to the breaking point.

He's just following the Davos school of thought about not asking about people who are most important to you.

4 minutes ago, SuperMario said:

He's just following the Davos school of thought about not asking about people who are most important to you.

The way they talked after the silly soup conversation seems to suggest they've unburdened the existence of their siblings to each other as Jon doesn't express any surprise when Brittany mentions them by name. However, the writing has proven to be terribly inconsistent anyway, so you are most probably right. This conversation will take place shortly before the Brute is sent to the RL to find Arya, thereby breaking Tormund's heart. Har!

11 minutes ago, ArabellaVidal said:

The way they talked after the silly soup conversation seems to suggest they've unburdened the existence of their siblings to each other as Jon doesn't express any surprise when Brittany mentions them by name. However, the writing has proven to be terribly inconsistent anyway, so you are most probably right. This conversation will take place shortly before the Brute is sent to the RL to find Arya, thereby breaking Tormund's heart. Har!

But all these important conversations should not take place offscreen. Like, why does the High Septon monologue about whatever all the time, but something that could be truly emotional and moving, never happens so we, the viewers, have to assume that it does. They do this all the time: Davos asks about Stannis four episodes in; Larry still hasn't connected the dots about WHY Carol had the Walk of Shame, Jon hasn't asked about Arya and Sansa hasn't told him, and vice versa with Bran and Rickon. Real people don't do this! When you love someone and there is important news about someone that you both care about, you don't drag out having a conversation about that news. 

Like, let's do a thought experiment, and say they treated Ned's death the way they treated all this other stuff. The sword falls, we don't know what happens, and neither do the characters for another five episodes :P Would that have made sense? We saw Robb's, Cat's, Arya's, Sansa's, Bran's and Rickon's reactions to his death, because that's what  people do, they react to important news. 

11 minutes ago, LadySoftheart said:

But all these important conversations should not take place offscreen. Like, why does the High Septon monologue about whatever all the time, but something that could be truly emotional and moving, never happens so we, the viewers, have to assume that it does. They do this all the time: Davos asks about Stannis four episodes in; Larry still hasn't connected the dots about WHY Carol had the Walk of Shame, Jon hasn't asked about Arya and Sansa hasn't told him, and vice versa with Bran and Rickon. Real people don't do this! When you love someone and there is important news about someone that you both care about, you don't drag out having a conversation about that news. 

Like, let's do a thought experiment, and say they treated Ned's death the way they treated all this other stuff. The sword falls, we don't know what happens, and neither do the characters for another five episodes :P Would that have made sense? We saw Robb's, Cat's, Arya's, Sansa's, Bran's and Rickon's reactions to his death, because that's what  people do, they react to important news. 

I agree with you completely. About the bolded part: Most all the positive reviews talk about how they could have listened to a full episode of Sansa and Jon talking. Why the showrunners didn't leave the 'what shall we do now' parts for the next scene I'll never know except for the stupid need to fuel plot at the expense of character. The audience would not have been bored. We could even seen the immediate aftermath of such a conversation: both tearful and completely emotional, clinging or something. But definitely something.Truth to tell, the lightheartedness and the sudden appearance of Brittany was so wrong coming instantly on the heels of their emotional reunion.

If you take even a passing glimpse at actual fanfiction on the net, everyone and their mother has written this conversation because it is necessary. Viewers felt the actual loss of this whether they consciously recognized it or not.

1 hour ago, Le Cygne said:

I'm going to be exponentially miffed the longer Jon does not ask about Arya... I know they are saving this for a big moment, but come on. Suspension of disbelief strained to the breaking point.

I am with you on this. Why haven't they had Jon mention Arya at all since season 1 ep 2? It makes no sense. And Arya has only mentioned him a couple of times... But still way more than Jon. They need to have Jon ask about Arya and get a little frantic like in the books IMO. Also... Sansa has never thought about Jon all the time! I hated that line because it's false! And yes all of these conversations should happen on screen and not off screen. Bad writing...

2 minutes ago, WolfQueenArya said:

I am with you on this. Why haven't they had Jon mention Arya at all since season 1 ep 2? It makes no sense. And Arya has only mentioned a couple of times... But still way more than Jon. They need to have Jon ask about Arya and get a little frantic like in the books IMO. Also... Sansa has never bought about Jon all the time! I hated that line because it's false! And yes all of these conversations should happen on screen and not off screen. Bad writing...

Brittany's entire conversation was based on Sansa from the books. You know, the one who was pretending to be a bastard in the Vale so she thought of him? The one who used to call Jon half-brother in WF but who Jon of the show neither mentions nor thinks of in any context whatever (say to Stannis perhaps)? If they are relying on all the viewers being book-readers, it's stupid. If they want everyone to believe the character assassination of both Jon (who played with all of his siblings and didn't spend all of his time sulking, thank you very much) and Sansa (who wasn't wilfully cruel, just distant, and who told him how to talk to girls:o, shocking, yes, she talked to him) then they have definitely succeeded.

Archived