I met a she-brute as mean as could be

Met a wilding boy as obnoxious as me

Bruising days drifting away

To, uh oh, those bruising nights

Well-a well-a well-a-uh

Tell me more, tell me more

Did you get very far?

Like does he talk about his dick and go har?

She rode by me, and me member didn't go limp

He looked at me, like he was a pimp

Looked at her, she nearly frowned

He stared at me, like he was spellbound

Winter sun, something's begun

But, uh oh, those bruising nights

Well-a,well-a,well-a, uh

Was it love at first sight?

Tell me more, tell more

Does the she-brute like a good fight?

Took her killing on a wildling raid

We went smashing; then I got laid.

I'm completely uncouth, I flashed my cock.

I love him, but I'll bash his face with a rock.

Winter fling don't mean thing.

But,uh oh, those bruising nights.

I bet she's a mean ol' hag.

Sounds like his stench makes you gag

He got rude, gave me a command

Well, she got brutal, gave me the ol' backhand

He was crude, no manners to be seen

Well, she is brutal in bed, if you know what I mean

It's sweet, when a brute and a barbarian meet

How many Stags did he spend?

Does she have a newly empowered friend?

Empowered Fansa turned colder, that's where it ends

So I told her we'd still be friends

Then we made our true love vow

Wonder who the Brute is murdering now

Sweet dreams, not a GOT theme

But, oh, those bruising nights

*wild applause* *confetti* *streamers* :cheers:

3 hours ago, williamwire said:

My prediction is that littlefinger's show character is a dead man walking.  He only has one episode left (maybe two if he is lucky).  Once they destroy a character's storyline and they aren't a favored character like Tyrion, that character is dead.  Besides, D&D won't want to pester Aidan Gillen to come back again for their "end game" seasons.  (In reality this year is the last season of Game of thrones, imo) People seem to think that littlefinger is going to have more of a role to play in this alternate storyline, but he won't. 

As I see it, show littlefinger's lies and bumbling schemes will catch up to him now, since the plot will require it to.  Brienne the brute will advise Fansa (Boss-ass-bitch) Bolton that littlefinger is bad news.  Remember Littlefinger sent his men to kill Brienne before, and Fansas is with Brienne plus Jon now.  Fansa's storyline does not need littlefinger anymore.  Brienne will say something like, "I was at kingslanding, and I saw what littlefinger did," or maybe D&D will be a little smarter and have Brienne  say, "I was with Lady Catylen, and she told me what littlefinger did."  Then Fansa will order the execution of littlefinger, and Brienne will gladly want to do it, but before Brienne swings her sword, fansa will say "stop, this is wrong."  Brienne will give fansa her sword oathkeeper, i mean revengeseeker, and fansa will have her "boss-ass-bitch" moment chopping off littlefinger's head.  And everyone will post on facebook how much of a "boss-ass-bitch" fansa was when she got revenge on that mustache twirling idiot that gave her to the Boltons.

Rip show Littlefinger.

(i could be wrong, but I doubt it)

As much as I want LF to die (and as much as it should have been Lady Stoneheart do it),  Sansa swinging Oathkeeper would hack me off as much as her riding into battle.  Please, no. If it must be her, let it be poison.

Can anybody anywhere believe that we are supposed see merit in a plot line that involves a High Sparrow that thinks that a fair and Just punishment from the gods would involve parading the current Queen, Margeary of House Tyrell, naked through the streets of Kings Landing? WTF?? Her crime. The sparrow thinks Margeary may be guilty of concealing her knowledge of her brothers sexuality, when it is not even illegal to be gay. The High Sparrows evidence is predicated on the words of a male sex worker from one of Little fingers brothels, who holds a smoking gun of knowing that Lancel has a birthmark on his thigh ( ironically enough of Dorne) ha ha ha. So in Weiseroff the word of the queen, (a queen previously known for her charitable works amongst the poor and disenfranchised of Kings Landing and previous to that the Reach), is not considered legally more reliable than that of a male sex worker. Further to this, her crime if proven guilty is perjury, and this is as bad as Cerseis treason and to bloody atone for this she should be stripped naked and marched through the streets to the chanting of "shame", and some posters on this forum proudly boast of D$Ds boldly "EMPoWERING" women. Has game of thrones really devolved to this?

8 minutes ago, Neds Secret said:

Can anybody anywhere believe that we are supposed see merit in a plot line that involves a High Sparrow that thinks that a fair and Just punishment from the gods would involve parading the current Queen, Margeary of House Tyrell, naked through the streets of Kings Landing? WTF?? Her crime. The sparrow thinks Margeary may be guilty of concealing her knowledge of her brothers sexuality, when it is not even illegal to be gay. The High Sparrows evidence is predicated on the words of a male sex worker from one of Little fingers brothels, who holds a smoking gun of knowing that Lancel has a birthmark on his thigh ( ironically enough of Dorne) ha ha ha. So in Weiseroff the word of the queen, (a queen previously known for her charitable works amongst the poor and disenfranchised of Kings Landing and previous to that the Reach), is not considered legally more reliable than that of a male sex worker. Further to this, her crime if proven guilty is perjury, and this is as bad as Cerseis treason and to bloody atone for this she should be stripped naked and marched through the streets to the chanting of "shame", and some posters on this forum proudly boast of D$Ds boldly "EMPoWERING" women. Has game of thrones really devolved to this?

I wonder if that *is* what the HS told Tommen.  Remember, we didn't hear what he told Tommen or what Tommen told Cersei.  I wonder if Cersei lied about another WoS to get the Tyrell army to attack the HS and Faith Militant.

It seems to me that HS has said that the monarchy and the faith are the dual pillars of Westerosi society and that he wants Tommen and Margaery to be his followers.  This would anger Cersei, so she lies to the Tyrells to cause a bloodbath (and maybe hopes Margaery will be collateral damage).

Then again, perhaps I'm giving the writers too much credit. :leaving:

18 hours ago, The_half_fan said:
8 hours ago, OldGimletEye said:

To TorBrute. The newest ship on GOT:

Rough lovin', had me a blast

Rough lovin', happened so fast

Well-a well-a well-a-uh

Did you get very far?

Well-a,well-a,well-a, uh

Tell me more, tell more

Massive LOL!

I am not sure if this point has been already raised over the last two seasons and half.

I noticed that since the middle of season 4 a surprisingly great number of sword fights was resolved following exactly the same dynamics: A is about to stab B and then last second C sneaks from behind and backstabs A.

It started with Karl fooking legend Tanner (A), random Craster's wife (B), Jon Snow (C), but now it is getting out of control, practically every fight in season 5 followed the same climax (Jorah in the fighting pits, Bronn stabbing the snake about to bite Jaime in Dorne, GreyWorm "saving" Barristan against the Son o the Harpy about to slit his throat) and now in season 6 it is once per episode (Theon backstabbing Bolton guard saving Pod, Obara skewering Trystane from behind, Daario saving Jorah in Vaes Dothrak, Howland Reed backstabbing Arthur Dayne). And I am quite sure I am forgetting some "more of the same" stuff.

Again, sorry if it was already discussed but I did not read all Rant and Raving topics over the last seasons, but I could not help noticing the pattern of the choreography is getting ridiculously repetitive

14 minutes ago, Antonio81 said:

I am not sure if this point has been already raised over the last two seasons and half.

I noticed that since the middle of season 4 a surprisingly great number of sword fights was resolved following exactly the same dynamics: A is about to stab B and then last second C sneaks from behind and backstabs A.

It started with Karl fooking legend Tanner (A), random Craster's wife (B), Jon Snow (C), but now it is getting out of control, practically every fight in season 5 followed the same climax (Jorah in the fighting pits, Bronn stabbing the snake about to bite Jaime in Dorne, GreyWorm "saving" Barristan against the Son o the Harpy about to slit his throat) and now in season 6 it is once per episode (Theon backstabbing Bolton guard saving Pod, Obara skewering Trystane from behind, Daario saving Jorah in Vaes Dothrak, Howland Reed backstabbing Arthur Dayne). And I am quite sure I am forgetting some "more of the same" stuff.

Again, sorry if it was already discussed but I did not read all Rant and Raving topics over the last seasons, but I could not help noticing the pattern of the choreography is getting ridiculously repetitive

That's a good catch and right on the money, strangely enough Ned Stark was the only person who lost his honor instead of his life according to the D$nces!

9 hours ago, OldGimletEye said:

To TorBrute. The newest ship on GOT:

Rough lovin', had me a blast

Rough lovin', happened so fast

Well-a well-a well-a-uh

Did you get very far?

Well-a,well-a,well-a, uh

Tell me more, tell more

Bravo, ser. :lol:

8 hours ago, The Fattest Leech said:

Words of wisdom from both you and BNP. Now, if only we could get a certain other three to take notice because loaf-about-the-wall-Jon sucks ;)

Jon is now another weak little man. That's this year's female empowerment formula, turn every male character into a weak little man. :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Antonio81 said:

You are right. Everything is lazy, the writing, the plots, the choreographies. Yawn. 

25 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

You are right. Everything is lazy, the writing, the plots, the choreographies. Yawn. 

And the only way to win is to cheat.....ahem.  If people ever start doing academic papers on GOT like they did Buffy, they're going to find that the messages are that people suck, life sucks, honor gets you killed and the only way to succeed is be a ruthless bastard or through overwhelming force.  Neat.

44 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

And the only way to win is to cheat.....ahem.  If people ever start doing academic papers on GOT like they did Buffy, they're going to find that the messages are that people suck, life sucks, honor gets you killed and the only way to succeed is be a ruthless bastard or through overwhelming force.  Neat.

You forgot drink heavily and tell dick jokes. :D:D

4 hours ago, Antonio81 said:

Good catch. It even went back to Season One when Jaime and Ned were fighting and the random Lannister man stabs Ned in the leg out of nowhere. It's like the Ds have no other thought on sword fights. I think I'll lend them my copy of Conan the Barbarian.

4 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

This is interesting, two truths and a lie.

http://mashable.com/2016/05/19/game-of-thrones-cast-truth-lie-game/#cvMoJh.qBmq7

The link only tells what Sophie and Maise said.  If they played the game truthfully, these are some big spoilers, especially Maise.

I would have to think Maisie's truth is about being in the trailer more times than people realize. That's one of those ideas that seems too legit to just be made up on the spot.

20 minutes ago, Low Sparrow said:

You forgot drink heavily and tell dick jokes. :D:D

Exactly! What's life without a couple of thousand dick/dickless jokes thrown in?

On one of the Inside the Episodes, the D expressed the following sentiment regarding the big reunion scene:

It’s a fascinating thing because we’ve been watching these characters for six seasons, and this is the first scene they’ve had together.Two of the most important characters on the show and they’ve never been together on camera before. It just worked out beautifully.

While I whole-heartedly love the scene devoid of the context that forced these two characters together, I think what Benioff was essentially saying was, "Creatively it made sense because we wanted it to happen." Fortunately for them, unlike the big boring disappointment of the Dany-Tyrion meeting last season, this was more successful in blinding people into misty-eyed sappiness. But the pattern is clear for the future big meetings/reunions. I know I'll be happy with some of those but I dread the twists and turns of character and plot and teleportation involved in all.

Speaking of reunions, wouldn't it have made more sense to introduce the Vale scene in the first or second episode, so the teleporting army wasn't such an obvious thing? I truly don't understand why this show is so award-winning.

And now, my obligatory Wyman Manderly Rant:

If I remember correctly, he's only in 1 episode, but that may be wrong.  Ponder this instead:

-He shows up in Season 2 when Bran is holding court.  Says he wants to start minting coins and build ships....an obvious Stark loyalist.

-The nameless redshirt with the merman pin in Season 3 would have been given lines, would be ID as a Manderly and either killed or taken prisoner on screen.

-Neither the old woman nor Ramsay would have said the North Remembers yet.

-Wyman Manderly, along with Smalljon and Karstark would have been present at Sansa's wedding...discussing the demise of House Stark....it could have been played that Manderly is now a Bolton ally.

-My preference would still have been to include some version of the book story where he clearly looks like a turncloak,and then reveals himself in more shocking fashion.  But, at worst, Sansa and Jon go to meet him....the show would show us his anti Stark comments from season 5..and then, he gives his epic rant.

How is this not better than the massive amount of worthless filler we've seen over the last 2 seasons?  And it would have taken a tiny amount of screen time to make it work.  

4 minutes ago, ArabellaVidal said:

<>

Speaking of reunions, wouldn't it have made more sense to introduce the Vale scene in the first or second episode, so the teleporting army wasn't such an obvious thing? I truly don't understand why this show is so award-winning.

So much more sense.  If the Vale army and LF show up at Castle Black next ep., the inexplicable time lapse from LF getting Cersei's consent to take the Vale army to Winterfell and turning up at the Vale 8 episodes later will look even more ridiculous.

Archived