Awkwardness at Castle Black

Ser Pip

Presuming, based on the trailer, that Sansa,  Brienne and Pod arrive at Castle Black, does anyone else think that there may be some awkwardness and tension between Brienne and Davos, seeing as she's recently killed his king and he and Melisandre are the other two parties responsible for Renly's death?

Maybe. If Brienne tells him. Then again, Davos didn't like the idea of Stannis killing his brother. And he probably blames Stannis for Shireen's death just as much as Mel. He probably doesn't care by this point.

Great potential not just for awkwardness but for real insights into these three characters e.g does the honourable Brienne really feel no qualms about killing an injured man, does Mel have any genuine remorse for the things she's done or did she just have a little crisis of confidence, and what is Davos about now. Throw a conversation about Shireen in there and it could be powerful stuff.  

A bit too complex and interesting to make it to the show I'm afraid. 

2 hours ago, Nymeria's pack said:

Great potential not just for awkwardness but for real insights into these three characters e.g does the honourable Brienne really feel no qualms about killing an injured man, does Mel have any genuine remorse for the things she's done or did she just have a little crisis of confidence, and what is Davos about now. Throw a conversation about Shireen in there and it could be powerful stuff.  

A bit too complex and interesting to make it to the show I'm afraid. 

I like your take on this. I'd like to think that despite the actions involved both Brienne and Davos will recognise a certain kindred spirit in one another. Both are loyal, honourable and have a strong sense of right and wrong. They would make a formidable partnership. Mel I think will get pushed aside as no more than a useful tool.

D&D will make them forget about Stannis like they did with The Hound and be best of friends. Brienee must remember them from meeting between Stannis and Renly. Mel and Davos were there and she blames Stannis. So she could assume that Mel played a role or even Davos. But like I said D&D couldn't care less about continuity and remembering what they actually shoot few seasons ago.

2 hours ago, Lord Friendzone said:

D&D will make them forget about Stannis like they did with The Hound and be best of friends. Brienee must remember them from meeting between Stannis and Renly. Mel and Davos were there and she blames Stannis. So she could assume that Mel played a role or even Davos. But like I said D&D couldn't care less about continuity and remembering what they actually shoot few seasons ago.

Cynical view but unfortunately I think that you're right.

awkward...brienne is always awkward...

oh well...they know stannis is dead... i just wish davos had found out the red witch had burned shireen...

now that would have been awkward

:smoking:

11 hours ago, Jon Snow Bengal said:

Hope Brienne says whether or not she actually killed Stannis. One less thing to speculate about :)

"...right before I executed him." Brienne the badass.

Talk about awkward, the dinner at Castle Black was pretty amazing. I would love to hear Tormund's thoughts on Brienne and Sansa. 

2 minutes ago, Green Dream Girl said:

I would love to hear Tormund's thoughts on Brienne and Sansa. 

Maybe it was just me,  but Tormund seemed to be having some thoughts about Brienne,  alright.  Yup...awkward.  

11 minutes ago, bb1180 said:

Maybe it was just me,  but Tormund seemed to be having some thoughts about Brienne,  alright.  Yup...awkward.  

Definitely wasn't just you.

I laughed so hard at that, and then with Edd's reaction.... comedy gold.

5 minutes ago, bb1180 said:

It was definitely not just you. My face was Edd's in that part. Just like...what's going on?

But awkward is right. It rubbed me the wrong way how Brienne was basically gloating in front of Davos and Mel about killing Stannis. 

16 minutes ago, Green Dream Girl said:

"...right before I executed him." Brienne the badass.

Talk about awkward, the dinner at Castle Black was pretty amazing. I would love to hear Tormund's thoughts on Brienne and Sansa. 

That scene made me ship Tormund/Brienne. Loved it.

Hallelujah D&D actually remembers things. Glad of them but Brienne basically said in a very triumphant way. Davos was obviously shocked and we'll find out about Shireen soon. One of the promo for the new season showed Davos infront of pyre where was Shireen burned. Mel has it coming.

Archived